The overrated life of a college student

For those of you who never went to college or for those who went years ago let me fill you in on the life of a college student nowadays. Common misconceptions of college life are

-Wild Orgies with beautiful young women

-Beer Pong every night until someone passes out

-Pizza and Beer every night until someone passes out

-Life is all about fun

-Cramming for finals isn't fun but a necessary thing to allow partying all semester

The reality

-I have had no wild orgies yet this year

- I haven't played beer pong since the summer

-The only pizza I eat now is the pizza they are going to throw out at work at the end of the night that has been sitting under a heat lamp for 6 hours.

-I have no fun

-Cramming is stupid and it is not a result of partying

I have gone out twice since my 21st birthday in October. I work 35 hours a week, coach hockey and go to school full time. As I am sitting here wasting time typing this I have to be up in 5 hours 32 minutes for class. I have two finals tomorrow which I haven't had time to study for. I am on page 19 of a 25 page paper due tomorrow. I am tweaking from downing a full pot of coffee since i just got home from work all night an hour ago.

Nobody probably cares at all but I have to unload my frustrations and maybe let the old guys here feel a little better. Don't think all college students are out partying all night. Well back to page 19 on the Russian political system and its history.

Somebody say something about bromance? :-* Well I finished up and got everything printed a little bit before 5AM. I made sure last night to remind my parents to hit me with a brick to make sure I woke up. I got up at 8AM and just showered now I have 30 minutes to cram for my first final. I feel like absolute crap right now. As soon as my 2nd final is over I am passing out for a few hours before work.

Well it can be these...

-Life is all about fun

-Cramming for finals isn't fun but a necessary thing to allow partying all semester

... yet there really isnt any schooling involved lol. I am actually starting back this upcoming semester yet just for some up to date art classes, so nothing really major. I miss the partying lol back in the day...

wish you the best of luck with your schooling

yo idk where you go to school but you need to come see how its done at Urbana, especially since my friend is in a frat, omg man some of those sorority girls are just wild, not saying you want to marry them but if your in the college mood their def a good fit (need to get laid...Tri-Delta!).

also if you go to a community college, alot of ex-Marines go to them because Uncle Same wants to save a buck, just wear a USMC shirt and you'll start making some good friends.

-Wild Orgies with beautiful young women Means someone else in the room at the time you're getting off

-Beer Pong every night until someone passes out "Until someone" HA, last man standing. Until Everyone!

-Pizza and Beer every night until someone passes out Again with the "until someone" Everyone!!

-Life is all about fun AND Games!!

-Cramming for finals isn't fun but a necessary thing to allow partying all semester If you didn't learn it the first time, you're probably screwed this time.

My schooling was as a ski instructor so all this happened, Ski School is the shit! :D

To be honest Prane is somewhat correct and I won't be doing the university thing until the fall after I get my 2 year degree. I know that campus parties I go to at St. Norberts, Marquette, and U of I are nuts. Spend the whole weekend there, never sober up, BP like crazy, but the girl part relies on the sororities to cooperate lol. That usually isn't a problem. Personally going to a community college the last year and a half, I KNOW I've missed out. As it stands right now, parties seem like highschool still...reserved for weekends and holidays, moreso than ongoing weekday parties.

While the community route is easier time wise and study wise, you miss out on the campus experience. I know I am fortunate enough not to have to have a fulltime job. That is REALLY what hampers the college experience nowadays. Between the hard University Curriculum's and Work, it leaves you zapped and short on time. I know I'm looking forward to my next 2 years, but God help me if I have to get a real job while at school LOL...

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
CDBS14 ]

I finally finished my college applications today, just finished sending my SAT and AP scores....I CAN BREATH AGAIN!!! lol

o boy enjoy that breathing room mate it will be short lived.

lol i heard, i really got no breathing room, i got a competition coming up this january 7. Its called we the people, it is a constitutional debate competition and i still got to memorize my groups 3 speeches, lol. Ohh and we got to work on follow up questions, long road ahead.

For those of you who never went to college or for those who went years ago let me fill you in on the life of a college student nowadays. Common misconceptions of college life are

-Life is all about fun

The reality is that, this is only true if you live on Campus. :)

Chili-Palmer ]

-Life is all about fun

The reality is that, this is only true if you live on Campus. :)

Exactly. CDBS where'd you apply?

Columbia university

Cornell university

NYU

Fordham university

NYU polytechnic

Stony Brook University (back up school)

Saint Johns university (got accepted already, back up school)

The schools i really want in are columbia and cornell.

I was going to apply to chicago university, UPENN and USC but they are too far from NY and i dont really want to dorm.

CDBS14 ]

Columbia university

Cornell university

NYU

Fordham university

NYU polytechnic

Stony Brook University (back up school)

Saint Johns university (got accepted already, back up school)

The schools i really want in are columbia and cornell.

I was going to apply to chicago university, UPENN and USC but they are too far from NY and i dont really want to dorm.

If you got that kind of cash.. & you can get in.. DO IT.!!

You wont regret it. You will love the dorms., & the girls, & the weather. ;)

getting in = yes (i have the grades and the extracurricular, i wished my SAT was a bit higher i only scored a 1940 with a math and reading combined at 1300)

paying = thats the part, my parents can only afford 10,000 to 15000 tuition, so as long as the school i get into drops to that range with the least amount of loans possible i will go to it.

I would love to go to chicago university but i ended up deciding not to, i do have it on my list for postgrad level, its just that it is too far away, i am not familiar with the city, i dont really want to change my surrounding too much lol. Chicago wants me in lol, they are like stalking me, they wont stop calling my cellphone.

CDBS14 ]

getting in = yes (i have the grades and the extracurricular, i wished my SAT was a bit higher i only scored a 1940 with a math and reading combined at 1300)

paying = thats the part, my parents can only afford 10,000 to 15000 tuition, so as long as the school i get into drops to that range with the least amount of loans possible i will go to it.

I would love to go to chicago university but i ended up deciding not to, i do have it on my list for postgrad level, its just that it is too far away, i am not familiar with the city, i dont really want to change my surrounding too much lol. Chicago wants me in lol, they are like stalking me, they wont stop calling my cellphone.

You definitely dont want to go to USC then. lol