SOCOM DLC

all i have to say is WOW this DLC is amazing, i mean the new/ reused maps are awesome and NIGHTSTALKER OMFG ON NIGHT I LOVE IT, YOU CAN BARELY SEE YOUR HAND ITS AMAZINGLY INTENSE!

btw arms run, is just crazy.

Yeah that aint no lie... When RPD and FW was playing together, we played nightstalker on night and day, and it is two differant worlds..

With the way the night maps are now, I think it requires alot more tac and comm from you and your clan..

I am loving it so far...

Hellraiser ]

same shit.. more weapons and maps.. but it will still be the same game.. it's an add on..not a new game.

Exactly. It'll add a little lifespan to the game and re-capture some of the original interest for a bit. I'll play it again, but not as much as before, and only because there really is no other opiton. I've given up on Confrontation ever becoming great. Overall it's still the same POS failure that we all have been bitching about since it's release. Releasing 5 new maps over a year later doesn't change that.

They still haven't fixed the OTS. I still have to cycle out of it to return to classic when I'm scoped in. Now the maps are so dark that I'm forced to use nightvision, which is OTS. As someone who likes to snipe this absolutely drives me nuts. Instead of playing the game, I have to incessantly fiddle with extra buttons if I want to snipe on a night map.

They nerfed the DE too. I was shooting people at point blank and my hits weren't registering. Which furthers my theory on how they coded accuracy--the bullets just disappear instead of missing their mark. The fire rate is ridiculous now, I swear bolt action rifles fire faster that the DE.

There should also be ranked medleys with both original and DLC maps. Seriously, how hard is that?

I haven't been to the Socom forums in a while, but isn't this it? They were saying 1.6 was the final patch and we were only getting 1 map pack.

• Directors

There has never been an announcement that 1.6 and the DLC were the end... I would sit back and give em a little time, I would love to see an announcement that there will be additional DLC... at this point I would say that based on the US sales that it would be in their interest to continue to do it.

The ROI on DLC is very high.

Shane ]

There has never been an announcement that 1.6 and the DLC were the end... I would sit back and give em a little time, I would love to see an announcement that there will be additional DLC... at this point I would say that based on the US sales that it would be in their interest to continue to do it.

The ROI on DLC is very high.

I thought it was accidentally slipped by a Dev on the EU SOCOM forums? That after Cold Front, that's it.

/6's contract is over the only chance of seeing anything in the future is how well the DLC sells. If DLC makes enough money to justify more content then it may happen. Other than that for now it's over. I know nothing official has been announced but sometimes I just know this stuff. lol

• 3 weeks later...

i hardly see anyone using the AG-94. most people dont like it.

the 417 is a beast. 2-3 shots to light armor and they are dead.

i like the maps but they need to mix them together. it gets really annoying playing the cold front maps all day every day when everyone you know wants to play it all the time.

if you look on top 10 downloads on the ps store the map pack is in there. so it must be selling good.

MakeYaBleed ]

I'm running with the Russian faction but only for the camos. Nothing on the Merc side is better than alice or the AK47 with front grip. Commando Alice or m14 with front grip. Love the DLC.

I haven't played any ranked rooms, can someone explain the new weapon perk system? What does it get you for example. Like what the hell is "Alice"?!!

IRISH BULL ]
MakeYaBleed ]

I'm running with the Russian faction but only for the camos. Nothing on the Merc side is better than alice or the AK47 with front grip. Commando Alice or m14 with front grip. Love the DLC.

I haven't played any ranked rooms, can someone explain the new weapon perk system? What does it get you for example. Like what the hell is "Alice"?!!

you pick a specializtion ie if you use submachineguns you pick that one it gives you increased damage and abunch of other stuff for that class as well as giving you a special attachment and a special weapon for your primary specializtion assault being the alice which is nothing but a beefed up hk36 they are all named after girl names

the alice is the hk36, tilly is the sr-25, gladys is the DE, vera is the USAS, motokov is the f90, gloria is the mk.48. all of them either have more damage, accuracy, range, recoil and less volume to them but it all depends on the specialization and if you get the gold star or silver star which boost the gun up a little bit more.