Playstation Network Subscription Fee's? Will you pony up??

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=230085

After reading this article, I would definitely pay a yearly fee.

This is what impressed me the most:

Premium users would also have access to Cloud Storage Space for Games, which would allow players to save their game online rather than on their hard disk, loyalty reward programs, automatic updates, member-exclusive Facebook Connectivity, an online music service and music video service, Hulu TV catch-ups, member-only game content, discounts, demo-sharing (sharing exclusive member-only demos from your full games with friends), and Netflix without a disc.

depends on how much....dont they know this is a recession?

It appears that its gonna work a lot like Live.

The chart on this page details four potential plans; three costing $69.99 a year or $9.99 a month and one running $4.99 a month and $29.99 a year.

But playing online, if that's all that you want, will always be free.

I dont know if I'm on board or not. I know I would pay if they made it mandatory but I like it being free. If they give everything their saying and went more into detail about the reward programs and member only content then I'd probably sign up for the most expensive one.

depends on how much....dont they know this is a recession?

I agree with this too. They'd be carefull to not lose customers

Here are the details explained:

Survey Reveals PSN Subscription Details

I disagree with the last one about the Netflix account. I believe on the XBOX that if you pay for full access, it includes Netflix, without having to pay for a separate Netflix account. I could be wrong, as I don't have an XBOX.

The key here is the in-game content.

Lets be honest, if you are playing a game and someone who HAS the extra guns are owning everyone (suffice to say that will be the case...) then you feel that YOU have to buy to stay competitive within that title.

This is a pretty package, with bells and whistles...but how much of that stuff will you use? The streaming music? playlist.com is already available...and there you get to pick the actual SONGS you want to hear.

Music videos? Not likely. You can already just pull up youtube for free.

Tokens? Give me a break. Maybe the younger crowd would be interested in the trophies, and getting tokens to buy retarded mini games, but the majority of us couldn't care less.

Netflix? HELL NO. If you already HAVE netflix, why would you pay another 14 a month for this? So what if you have to put a disc in to enjoy it...thats better than paying another 168.00 a year for 2 accounts!

In-game Voice chat....wtf. Who cares? Have you ever called your friends while they are playing a game? They don't want to talk to you! They are busy for god's sake! And this feature only works for those that have the subscription!

Cloud server: My god people! I got a 250gig PS3 slim, what the hell do I need this for?

Discount on mini games and PSONE games....ummm Those games suck. Thats why we have PS3's so we can play games with good graphics. No thanks!

So basically it comes down to two things:

Exclusive content, and the ability to play DLable games for 1 hour before release. THAT is what your paying for. Decide based on this and this alone I would say.

• 3 weeks later...

too lazy to read. i do know they said current services will remain free.

i think they are talking about the netflix thing and other premium services. it wouldnt really work if you had free users on crap servers and premium on better servers. you would either split everyone up or have lots of angry people from unfair game play.

Pathogen- ]

anything about making the online experience more stable and better?

i don't care about the bells and whistles. Netflix? screw that, i dl my stuff whenever i want. Facebook connectivity? Yeah, I want my gaming life displayed for all my friends and offline friends to see, sure lol

Yea the Facebook stuff is useless, i never use it, I LOVE the Netflix though, & use it for hours EVERYDAY.!!

You do have to pay for Xboxlive ($4.99) & Netflix acct ($8.99 for one disc) but you get unlimited stuff instantly online, lots in HD too.!

Live is a must, & Netflix is great, so its a win win for me. BUT if gaming online was free, & it was just an option to pay for bells and whistles. i doubt i would do it.

ONLY if it actually meant better servers, & affect actual gameplay.