Signature of the Week (SOTW)

•Signatures must be no larger than 500 x212s (size of my sig)

•All entries are uncredited to rule out any advantage/disadvantage. IF you credit your signature then I will not allow it into the competition.

•Every Sunday a new theme will be announced. Theme is chosen by the winner.

•You have 6 days to complete your signature.

•Deadline is 8pm GMT/EST Saturday.

•All entries will be up for 24 hours (whole of Sunday).

•Members can only vote once.

•You can vote on your own signature.

•Constructive criticism is the only thing to be posted in a SOTW thread.

•No spam in the SOTW threads, you can only vote and post once.

Every entry is to be PM'ed to me RMYgeneral before the deadline with the subject "SOTW - [week]" (without quotes or tags). The link must contain a link to your Signature and also a theme for next weeks competition.

RMYgeneral ]
RebelS_T_A_R_S ]

I think we tried this one time, but it didnt last that long....

Would like to start it back up myself...

Maybe we could get one of the guys ot make a forum just for sig of the week?

no need to complicate things with another forum. This thread should be fine ;)

hope to see your entry ;D :police:

my entry? doubt that lol. I suck at making sigs haha...I might try just so everyone has a good laugh:)

Pathogen- ]

you won't get many entries from the more experienced makers, and if you do it won't last long/be very consistent. These competitions are always voted on by people that don't know what goes into the craft, and by people who vote for their friends. So kinda lame

exactly why i didnt bother

Path, you suffer from permanent poopy pants. I think it's cause your Canadian, and if South Park taught us anything........ ;)

I may not be 'experienced' enough for you, but I entered plenty of SOTW over at PAs, and never felt that it was judged poorly or mishandled. Coming in with that attitude, I could see why you might not participate, but the way he attempted this with no 'names' attached to the art is actually something that would conquer all your reasoning.

Don't let Path and Lucky hold you down. If you get it off the ground here at UF, it will be because you didn't quit!

Smile and have a coke....dontchaknow. ;)

Tool_Minion ]

Path, you suffer from permanent poopy pants. I think it's cause your Canadian, and if South Park taught us anything........ ;)

I may not be 'experienced' enough for you, but I entered plenty of SOTW over at PAs, and never felt that it was judged poorly or mishandled. Coming in with that attitude, I could see why you might not participate, but the way he attempted this with no 'names' attached to the art is actually something that would conquer all your reasoning.

Don't let Path and Lucky hold you down. If you get it off the ground here at UF, it will be because you didn't quit!

Smile and have a coke....dontchaknow. ;)

by all means i didnt mean to discourage its a good idea.Just reasons why at this time i wont enter that and im on vaca with the family so not really botherin with anything right now

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
Tool_Minion ]

Sure, the timing may be off, but still should be a welcome distraction come 2010~

never said it wouldnt just think there should be slight adjustments to the rules so there are no favoritism and people that dont know what all goes into them.

Lucky, did you READ the rules? No offense, but no one WOULD know because he asked that everyone PM him the sigs without any identifying names or anything on them, and he would post them and people would vote on the # of the sig.

That is about as unbiased and fair as it gets.

Tool_Minion ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
Tool_Minion ]

Sure, the timing may be off, but still should be a welcome distraction come 2010~

never said it wouldnt just think there should be slight adjustments to the rules so there are no favoritism and people that dont know what all goes into them.

Lucky, did you READ the rules? No offense, but no one WOULD know because he asked that everyone PM him the sigs without any identifying names or anything on them, and he would post them and people would vote on the # of the sig.

That is about as unbiased and fair as it gets.

just because theres no names doesnt mean it doesnt have peoples names written all over it the indivual styles here are so diff. i could prob pick each one out and tell you who did it. could you not?

I think it's a good idea, just bad timing. I look forward to doing a couple after the holidays. Name or no names it doesn't really matter, this is just for fun and it helps you learn new things. If people want to vote for their buddies/clan mates, it's cool. I would personally rather have the names displayed so everyone can give constructive criticism on what they do or don't like.

A: Where do you get the idea that I'm from Canadia? Just because I'll mount you doesn't mean I don a red uniform and goofy had. Well....maybe.....

B: I've done all sorts of competitions of every type and rule set, and its been my experience that unless people actually take it seriously, the talent gives up on it. Its a great idea, and I DO get suckered into them often to support the idea, but there is only so much you can take of biased voting and people having no idea what they're looking at voting lol I tested this once. I made a sig, spent a good amount of time on it, then I submitted one that I really slopped together and purposly made with errors in it...and that 2nd one won. Just blows my mind. And as far as "anonymous" entries, all it takes is a quick "hey, that one is mine...everyone from my clan go vote for me" and boom...competition turns homo.

Its not that I've negative, its just the typical way these things turn out.

Pathogen- ]

A: Where do you get the idea that I'm from Canadia? Just because I'll mount you doesn't mean I don a red uniform and goofy had. Well....maybe.....

B: I've done all sorts of competitions of every type and rule set, and its been my experience that unless people actually take it seriously, the talent gives up on it. Its a great idea, and I DO get suckered into them often to support the idea, but there is only so much you can take of biased voting and people having no idea what they're looking at voting lol I tested this once. I made a sig, spent a good amount of time on it, then I submitted one that I really slopped together and purposly made with errors in it...and that 2nd one won. Just blows my mind. And as far as "anonymous" entries, all it takes is a quick "hey, that one is mine...everyone from my clan go vote for me" and boom...competition turns homo.

Its not that I've negative, its just the typical way these things turn out.

I still say your a poopypants. :-*

Of course there is always room for cheating. Doesn't mean it will happen at UF! Have a little FAITH man!

Path if your that paranoid about it don't submit?

I'm not planning on submitting anything cuz I don't waste my time having people I don't care about telling me if a sig no one will ever use is good or not lol.

Good luck to ya there's like 50million people here that can slap a few images together few that can actually make a sig...

• 2 weeks later...
Wrath ]

I'm not planning on submitting anything cuz I don't waste my time having people I don't care about telling me if a sig no one will ever use is good or not lol.

Good luck to ya there's like 50million people here that can slap a few images together few that can actually make a sig...

with reference to the bolded comment. Its not about it being good or not, sure theres a winner!! I generally love these competitions becuase of the variance in style etc... Artists will all learn from each other and say hey that was done nicely. I wonder how he did. Its about abit of fun.

I take my hat off to minion, I just wish he was in my clan. He has the RIGHT attitude :D

RMYgeneral ]
Wrath ]

with reference to the bolded comment. Its not about it being good or not' date=' sure theres a winner!! I generally love these competitions becuase of the variance in style etc... Artists will all learn from each other and say hey that was done nicely. I wonder how he did. Its about abit of fun.

I take my hat off to minion, I just wish he was in my clan. He has the RIGHT attitude :D

Don't use that word if its not about being good or bad.

I don't learn from others....

Wrath ]
RMYgeneral ]
Wrath ]

with reference to the bolded comment. Its not about it being good or not' date=' sure theres a winner!! I generally love these competitions becuase of the variance in style etc... Artists will all learn from each other and say hey that was done nicely. I wonder how he did. Its about abit of fun.

Don't use that word if its not about being good or bad.

I don't learn from others....

im sure you have learnt from others, whether it be from a school teacher, tutorials or a close friend. Anyway back on topic ladies!!