M.A.G. massive action game

MarauderHD ]

Hardcore on COD is gay because...

All it is is a camp fest. Most of the people playing it all they do is hide. Where as in the normal mode of play you can't do that. Also nobody communicates and lots don't even have mics so the little map window makes up for that. It's totally the better way to play because the red dots don't even show up until someone fires. I use the silencer a lot and die very little. On Highrise I usually lay prone in the middle of the map and pretty much own. It's funny that all the players are so glued to that map that they only go by that. I'll have them just run right by me. That just proves that the map is not a factor if you use it properly.

Hardcore is for the noobs that just want to camp and hide like a little girl. :angel: ;D

So you just camp out in the open. lol

I guess i should've said HC S&D, because you can camp all you want, but if you dont plant you lose. ;D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I snipe 99% of the time. The map thing is a communication tool. No map tool and "Oh I'm a little girl don't find me in these bushes" and "Let me shoot you with my favorite weak ass gun and you die real easy"... That's Hardcore pure Gayness!

How do you even play when nobody communicates? You add the Map Communication Tool.

If you actually play some of the other maps other than repairing stuff all the time it is a good game. I played Sabotage with a clan member this evening and I was in the top 3 killers. (*Didn't take much!)

Basically it is capture the flag! It was fun as hell except for the hike you have to make after you die. Thank god for jumping out of a planes.

Sniping still sucks, but other than that if you run around with your M60 like me or whatever gun it is. You will be good. I have played with all 3 factions. All though I like the S.V.E.R look (Rough and Tough) I would go with VALOR! HANDS DOWN!

Raven is to pre-madonna for me and it seems like they always get beat. They do have more hi-tech stuff so the creators say, but it sure as hell isn't as effective.

Back to Sniping real quick. It kind of sucks if you are a Sniper cause you have this color arrow above your head if your hiding in the bushes that say" HEY OVER HERE! I'm SNIPING! If you are a sniper with how many bullets you shoot to kill 1 guy. If your KDR matters to you, it won't be what you think. I may be wrong but that is what happens to me. I went 10-1 kd one game and thought I really did something. I was 3rd! LOL!

The good clans according to the MAG forums are going with:

1.S.V.E.R -Rough look & old guns

2. VALOR -Modern look & modern guns

3. RAVEN -Futuristic look & newer guns

To me the only reason why anyone would choose RAVEN is cause how they look in their outfit. Cause their guns suck, but their Armor is ELITE! So if you want to look good dead then I would roll with RAVEN!

Thats my spin on it anyway. However is this a must buy. MMMMMMM nope! I think it will be a BIG bust! To me it hasn't drawn enough enterest to the Zipper fans and community.

I would have rather seen a SWAT game like Socom. 3rd person SWAT vs Thugs! Lol!

KnowUrDamRoll ]

If you actually play some of the other maps other than repairing stuff all the time it is a good game. I played Sabotage with a clan member this evening and I was in the top 3 killers. (*Didn't take much!)

Basically it is capture the flag! It was fun as hell except for the hike you have to make after you die. Thank god for jumping out of a planes.

Sniping still sucks, but other than that if you run around with your M60 like me or whatever gun it is. You will be good. I have played with all 3 factions. All though I like the S.V.E.R look (Rough and Tough) I would go with VALOR! HANDS DOWN!

Raven is to pre-madonna for me and it seems like they always get beat. They do have more hi-tech stuff so the creators say, but it sure as hell isn't as effective.

Back to Sniping real quick. It kind of sucks if you are a Sniper cause you have this color arrow above your head if your hiding in the bushes that say" HEY OVER HERE! I'm SNIPING! If you are a sniper with how many bullets you shoot to kill 1 guy. If your KDR matters to you, it won't be what you think. I may be wrong but that is what happens to me. I went 10-1 kd one game and thought I really did something. I was 3rd! LOL!

The good clans according to the MAG forums are going with:

1.S.V.E.R -Rough look & old guns

2. VALOR -Modern look & modern guns

3. RAVEN -Futuristic look & newer guns

To me the only reason why anyone would choose RAVEN is cause how they look in their outfit. Cause their guns suck, but their Armor is ELITE! So if you want to look good dead then I would roll with RAVEN!

Thats my spin on it anyway. However is this a must buy. MMMMMMM nope! I think it will be a BIG bust! To me it hasn't drawn enough enterest to the Zipper fans and community.

I would have rather seen a SWAT game like Socom. 3rd person SWAT vs Thugs! Lol!

So your saying that each factions weapons are different when it comes to effectiveness? I was always under the impression that is was just cosmetics when it comes to factions.

MAG = New Socom

That's an awesome game. And the ultimate clan game out of everything that has come out so far. Were going to have so much fun with this. I can't wait to be teaming up clans to clans. I can imagine us controlling our own areas of the battle. Sending over artillery to help out and communicating. It's going to be too much fun.

The first hour or so I wasn't so sure and kind of hated it. If you try and compare it to what we have been playing it's a mistake and you'll hate the game as I did. But once you get into the game and how it works you'll be hooked. I think out of everything that has come out this feels more like Socom then anything yet. Remember Eowapy (or how the fuck you spell it) it was breech and when you defended. You sort of buckled down and tried to defend the base. The excitement when you knew they were coming but not sure where.

Well our squad was defending one of the up links and it was inside a base like complex. Our team had it on lock down. But it was fun as hell watching the waves of offenders coming in. You'd get moments of calm and then fighting would erupt. That's Socom to me ever bit. Now lets add our clans OMG!

You have to work as a team and you need to play the mission or your orders or your going to have a harder time. And if your interest is to rank up you have to stay with the squad and do your orders. The reason it was easy for the guy above to get the top spots was because he stayed on track. Once we get commanders in there it will be even better. Your abilities increase when you stay with the squad. Damage etc. I was sniping and when I stayed around the squad I was getting one or two shot kills. Away from the squad I was getting like 3 or 4 shot kills. Plus I was getting an extra 5 points per kill. Which at the end of the game I was 2nd on the list.

The Red over the players. It only shows up when you target the player or the player fires his weapon. You guys know me I love to Camp. And I camped like a MOFO. I was testing to see if they could find me. And nope I hid prone in these bushes for a long ass time. Watched the other team run right by back and forth. So I think there's something to that. Because they weren't finding me then.

But anyways this game is why I bought a PS3 and it's about time.

played the original beta, played the 1/4 release beta, i saw very little difference. the gameplay itself to ME, is a bit rough, kind of slow, doesn't really do much for me. but the game modes, clan structure, even game size are all things i DO like, a lot to be honest. i'll end up renting the game, and going from there.

as for factions, raven is comparable to something out of halo..

MarauderHD ]

Me camping and every noob camping is different story. When you camp your a Camping Noob with your little girl noob tube gun. When I Camp it's a Tactical Strategy that benefits my team. :angel:

Because I belong to UF and we are the best of the best.

No, your a flippy flopper!

MarauderHD ]

Flippy Flopper? I do the same thing in every game.

I ain't going to be one of you noobs that run out and say "shoot me shoot me." "I run and gun like a gay little girl."

FYI I'm bored and just messing around so if anyone gets upset I'm not serious...

Don't worry about me, I know you suck. ;)

I was a camping mo fo on Socom, but depending on the situation, I can run with the best of em on COD. ;)

I am going to have to agree with Marauder,

I have played this game since the first wave of beta, and IMO the 1/4 release has fixed alot of issues I have seen and reported during my time in the beta.

Mag is a definate buy for me, I spent my time serving in the USMC, and I feel that MAG is so close t oactual combat it isnt funny. You have to strategize your movements and actually think and communicate to win.

I played yesterday for about 2 hours, and I saw teamwork in every game I played in. In one game we had this guy who felt like doing his own thing, sure he had a good kill ratio, but he didnt have as much experiance points and didnt rank up as quick as guys who did the objectives and got kills (frago bonus).

I think with MAG, UF could do some great stuff..I hope we pick up MAG as one of our tournament games here,

Yes i too am curious to how this would work in UF. I am under the impression that you cant make rooms or have any kind of custom games, which seems unrealistic as far as our regular format goes. I too have had access since the first wave of betas.. Graphics are great.. the actual game play is pretty OK, but clan support and actual clan based gaming seems non existent. Sure you can get all of your guys in a room together and work as a team.. but can you choose 8 or so other guys to battle against??? thats where i come into the hang ups.. i have played less then 5 hours total , as excited as i was for this , it just doesnt do it for me.. and i dont see how this game has a future other then being the first console network infrastructure to handle a serious load..

lol i said load.

I've finally gotten some hours in. I like MAG. Liked it more once I upgraded my rifle. Liked it even more when I was able to play some Domination last night (that is some crazy shit). I've been in some games where noone communicates (felt like mw2) and others where we really communicated well and locked things down.

They've done a nice job with the open mics not sending backround audio like mw2 does constantly. The only time I hear someone not talking is when they cough or something.

I've just gotten to the point (rank 15) where I can start commanding a squad, so I think that will be a fun aspect down the road when I can do more of that on a higher level (call in airstrikes, etc??)

i think it will be more fun when the other game modes are open.

I don't think this is something we'll be able to compete against each other in, the scale of the game seems to be just too big, and there isn't any support for custom rooms, etc. This is a beta and things could change I guess but since this has already gone gold I wouldn't expect such a large change.

We can still join forces and dominate. Go VALOR!

http://alliedclancoalition.proboards.com

banner_limited.png

inadub ]

Yes i too am curious to how this would work in UF. I am under the impression that you cant make rooms or have any kind of custom games, which seems unrealistic as far as our regular format goes. I too have had access since the first wave of betas.. Graphics are great.. the actual game play is pretty OK, but clan support and actual clan based gaming seems non existent. Sure you can get all of your guys in a room together and work as a team.. but can you choose 8 or so other guys to battle against??? thats where i come into the hang ups.. i have played less then 5 hours total , as excited as i was for this , it just doesn't do it for me.. and i don't see how this game has a future other then being the first console network infrastructure to handle a serious load..

lol i said load.

Wait, there is noway to set up a private room? If that's the case, that's an EPIC FAIL. MW2 at least has private rooms. Granted, they are small, but its something.

I agree totally with the statement I highlighted. I tried and tried, I just never really liked it. I would love to see rooms that big for MW2 though. Its just a waaay better FPS, IMO.

MakeYaBleed ]

Any of you plan on playing MAG? The beta is now public, available for download now on PS store

and will be playable on 1/4. I think the official release is 1/24 or around that date.

Anyway if you or your clan plans on playing, please consider joining the ACC (allied clan coalition)

and joining valor. We're trying to get all the socom clans to join forces in MAG and dominate the

shadow war.

http://alliedclancoalition.proboards.com/

acclogo-1_500_Cropped.png

valorpropogandaflyer.jpg

i know a few of us @ *N* are gunna get it but were sorta split between VALOR & SVER ...

i too feel it is a fun and worthy game to own or nontheless experiance, & the room for growth within the game is supreme

i noticed that some say sniping and camping ... well there is some equipment to help find the campers like acoustic locaters & some other upgrades, cant remember what exactly but i know when it was closed beta and i would play against RAVEN they would have 4-5 guys hiding in the bushes off in the cuts, and with my gadgets & gear i would easily find them and drive my KA-BAR deep into their spleen

Playerdown ]

Is this the same Marauder that complained about a camp fest on MW2? :P

I was just thinking the same thing.. lol ::)

MarauderHD ]

MAG = New Socom

The first hour or so I wasn't so sure and kind of hated it. If you try and compare it to what we have been playing it's a mistake and you'll hate the game as I did. But once you get into the game and how it works you'll be hooked. I think out of everything that has come out this feels more like Socom then anything yet. Remember Eowapy (or how the fuck you spell it) it was breech and when you defended. You sort of buckled down and tried to defend the base. The excitement when you knew they were coming but not sure where.

Well our squad was defending one of the up links and it was inside a base like complex. Our team had it on lock down. But it was fun as hell watching the waves of offenders coming in. You'd get moments of calm and then fighting would erupt. That's Socom to me ever bit. Now lets add our clans OMG!

You have to work as a team and you need to play the mission or your orders or your going to have a harder time. And if your interest is to rank up you have to stay with the squad and do your orders. The reason it was easy for the guy above to get the top spots was because he stayed on track. Once we get commanders in there it will be even better. Your abilities increase when you stay with the squad. Damage etc. I was sniping and when I stayed around the squad I was getting one or two shot kills. Away from the squad I was getting like 3 or 4 shot kills. Plus I was getting an extra 5 points per kill. Which at the end of the game I was 2nd on the list.

The Red over the players. It only shows up when you target the player or the player fires his weapon. You guys know me I love to Camp. And I camped like a MOFO. I was testing to see if they could find me. And nope I hid prone in these bushes for a long ass time. Watched the other team run right by back and forth. So I think there's something to that. Because they weren't finding me then.

But anyways this game is why I bought a PS3 and it's about time.

All sounds like camping to me.. lol

Welcome to the strategy club.. ::) ::)::) ::)::) ::) (one for each instance ;D)

MakeYaBleed ]

thnx red. FYI below is a list of clans in the ACC already (they've all posted in the roll call thread

on the ACC forums). We'll all be wearing our standard clan tags, etc, just all joining the same

faction (Valor) in MAG.

# Professional Assassins [PAs]

# Recognize My Disease [RMD]

# Harbingers Of Destruction [HOD]

# Recognize Hollow Heroes [RHH]

# Lettin Punks Know [LPK]

# Leave No Man Behind [LMB]

# 33rd Brigade [33*]

# Guerrilla Special Ops [GSO]

# Shadow Tactics [sT.]

Is there any update to this list and can you post it or make it more official. Just so we all know....

not that I know of, other than LPK is no longer on the list. People don't need to actually post up on the ACC forums to join in, they can just agree to go Valor.

re: LPK, I thought we were doing the ACC thing. We were asked to support it when the clan I was in was WP, and agreed. Once WP and LPK merged I incorrectly assumed we would still honor that and continued to post and spread the word about ACC. LPK leadership has decided against doing the ACC thing mainly because they don't like Valor.

I still think ACC is a good idea and they deserve support. I apologize to the UF community for incorrectly saying LPK would be a part of ACC.