Zipper working on Unannounced PS3 game!!! SOCOM 4???

Crusty_Demons ]
Covert-OPs_ ]
Crusty_Demons ]
Covert-OPs_ ]
Crusty_Demons ]

Considering it's Zipper I would expect it to be closer to the old style of Socom than anything /6 did. Contrary to what some believe Zipper had little to no input in Confrontation. /6 came up with their own plan for Confrontation even though the majority of the fan base was screaming for old school. The early builds of Confrontation had aim assist.

I'm curious do you know that this is the case from an official source or is it just from reading information online?

None of the stuff I know comes from anything online. That's about as far as I'm willing to go. ;D

Just checking...

No worries I just don't want to get into the source this link that thing. The information I have given will come to light some day hopefully sooner rather than later. I just saw the list of attendees for E3 this year and I'm quite disappointed.. I hope that list isn't final.

http://www.e3expo.com/exhibitors/92/exhibitor-list/

That's alright no need to explain, we have a contact on the Zipper team but they have become very tight lipped about most things recently. So I have an understanding on how information is received, I just wanted to make sure it was legit and not just google searches.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crusty_Demons ]

Cool so then you know what I'm talking about. Yeah those NDA's are a bitch. lol

I knew what the Confrontation DLC was roughly the December after the game launched maybe sooner. It wasn't till a year later that it was released.

And the best part about that is most of the DLC was finished back in early Summer of 09 when they started laying people off (including my source at S6). With the NDA's and cracking down on leaks, I've found it harder to get information on the coming Socom, but I am happy with what I know. :angel: :-X

Also I too hope that there is one key addition to that E3 list.

UNCLE-TED ]

Yeah Zipper is now owned by SONY So the fact that Zipper themselves are not listed doesn't mean they wont be represented in some form or fasion. SOCOM 4 Can't go unannounced Can it?

It could but I'm hoping not. It would be nice to have everything out in the open finally.

• 2 weeks later...

Whomever sent those screenshots was pulling your leg about those being sketches of SOCOM 4 ::)

Those screenshots in the first post came from the game mod Insurgency.

Sorry guys, there's no SOCOM 4 being worked on by Zipper. Not now, probably not ever. :'(

See here --> http://www.moddb.com/mods/insurgency/images/november-screenshot-8

bizzyb0t ]

Whomever sent those screenshots was pulling your leg about those being sketches of SOCOM 4 ::)

Sorry guys, there's no SOCOM 4 being worked on by Zipper. Not now, probably not ever. :'(

LIESSSSSS :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

bizzyb0t ]

We all knew the pic were fake but socom 4 is being worked on.

Disciple74 ]
bizzyb0t ]

What D said. I can personally GUARANTEE you that Zipper is working on the next SOCOM. Wherever you are getting your info from or if you're building your own conclusions, the sentence in red is completely false.

BacklasH ]
Disciple74 ]
bizzyb0t ]

What D said. I can personally GUARANTEE you that Zipper is working on the next SOCOM. Wherever you are getting your info from or if you're building your own conclusions, the sentence in red is completely false.

Pics or it isn't happening! lol

IRISH BULL ]
BacklasH ]
Disciple74 ]
bizzyb0t ]

Pics or it isn't happening! lol

here's your pic!

jobs1_thumb.jpg

actually thats just a pic from the zipper website, but hypothetically that dude could be working on socom4.

COWonCRACK ]

well, im gonna rub a few off to this one. maybe have sex with a sheep for a change. my wife was just milked and aint to happy right now.

oh and hurry for S4 ;D

Hmmm, my wife always seems to be in a better mood after being milked!! :laugh:

HR considering the source of that link is a lesser known gaming site, I wouldn't take much stock in that release date. No way they will hold off on announcing it until E3 then release the game 3 months later. 2011 is the year of real Socom returning. Bank on it.

BacklasH ]

HR considering the source of that link is a lesser known gaming site, I wouldn't take much stock in that release date. No way they will hold off on announcing it until E3 then release the game 3 months later. 2011 is the year of real Socom returning. Bank on it.

i didnt cared much for the date.. it was just the fact that it was there... it was meant for those still in doubt!

No offense to anyone but until something is officially posted from Zipper or Sony I will not believe "I have a contact" or someone's blog about I have a cousin that works next door to Zipper and they heard them next door saying Socom 4.

It is ALL rumor!

If your "contact" was somehow caught giving ANY information to ANYONE they could be fired and 8 balled out of the industry! Why would someone even consider risking that for someone they met online? I wouldn't risk that kind of money or job telling my wife I was working on Socom 4.

SHANE23 ]

No offense to anyone but until something is officially posted from Zipper or Sony I will not believe "I have a contact" or someone's blog about I have a cousin that works next door to Zipper and they heard them next door saying Socom 4.

It is ALL rumor!

If your "contact" was somehow caught giving ANY information to ANYONE they could be fired and 8 balled out of the industry! Why would someone even consider risking that for someone they met online? I wouldn't risk that kind of money or job telling my wife I was working on Socom 4.

I understand your skepticism and if I were in your position I would feel the exact same way. All I can tell you is that the project does exist and has been in the works for about 3 years. The above posted link that has a release date is not out of the realm of possibility. Also information could be forthcoming soon possibly here.

http://www.gdconf.com/