Are you talking internet or ps3 log in? If it's PS3 usernames than it's impossible to have two identical ps3 usernames on the network at the same time. If you are talking internet, than you may have both ps3's using the same ip address and they are clashing.

Try resetting your modem, router as well as both ps3's. If that doesn't work you may have to manually input your ip address's ensuring both ps3's have different ip addresses. Hope that helps. 8)

X_-GHOST-_X ]

i had the same problem ... then i put one wireless and one corded and set router to dhcp ... worked fine

How do you set router to dhcp? I have a linksys router. Talk to me like you would a 5 year old.

:) Just let the adults take care of it.

no really go on your computer in the lower right corner where your router button is click it to bring up the control bar go to custom settings itll show a list for one of them i dont remember linksys set up but just scroll through them until you find the one you want and you should be all set. would not reccomend to ps3s on one router. your better off hard wiring one of them.

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
X_-GHOST-_X ]

i had the same problem ... then i put one wireless and one corded and set router to dhcp ... worked fine

How do you set router to dhcp? I have a linksys router. Talk to me like you would a 5 year old.

no really go on your computer in the lower right corner where your router button is click it to bring up the control bar go to custom settings itll show a list for one of them i dont remember linksys set up but just scroll through them until you find the one you want and you should be all set. would not reccomend to ps3s on one router. your better off hard wiring one of them.

In all my years of using computers I have never seen a "router" icon in the lower right toolbar of windows. Do you mean Local Area Connection icon?

Normally to access ones router they must first access the web and then type in the specific webpage for that particular router. For eg. I have the extreme dlink gaming router and my router's web address where I change all things pertaining to my router is this: www.192.168.0.1

Hippiechick, your linksys router address should be 192.168.1.1

Xanthe ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
X_-GHOST-_X ]

In all my years of using computers I have never seen a "router" icon in the lower right toolbar of windows. Do you mean Local Area Connection icon?

Normally to access ones router they must first access the web and then type in the specific webpage for that particular router. For eg. I have the extreme dlink gaming router and my router's web address where I change all things pertaining to my router is this: www.192.168.0.1

Hippiechick, your linksys router address should be 192.168.1.1

yea we had a linksys router hooked up through my comp and there was a littly L symbol in the toolbar thatbrought up everything on linksys

The computer is hard wired. So no problems getting it and the PS3 on at the same time.

And I do have a Linksys icon in my toolbar, but even when I pull that up, I can't figure out what to do from there or how to change settings for each particular device.

I'm thinking of just getting an ethernet cable that's long enough so that I don't have to figure all of this out.

I am so confused at the moment! :o

The computer is hard wired. So no problems getting it and the PS3 on at the same time.

And I do have a Linksys icon in my toolbar, but even when I pull that up, I can't figure out what to do from there or how to change settings for each particular device.

I'm thinking of just getting an ethernet cable that's long enough so that I don't have to figure all of this out.

I am so confused at the moment! :o

Hippie, if you can swing it, hardwired is always the best way to go. Wireless is convienent but not always the best solution. I have 2 ps3's wired to my Dlink router and they work flawlessly. I also stream all my hd movies/mp3's/photo's to both ps3's via PS3 media server. Works like a charm! So if you can, go hard wired, you won't regret it!

Unless you want to really want to learn about computer networks, the easiest thing to do is call Sony. They will walk you through setting up a secure network for you PS3s. Otherwise, you are going to get 20 people, all with different networking and security opinions and experiences telling you 100 different things about DMZs, encryption methods, static IP addresses, port forwarding, DNSs, etc.

My PS3 wireless stinks, even though it is 6 feet from my router. Hardwire it if you can. Consider running your network through the electrical in your home. You just plug your router and ps3s into some power outlet adapters. Look here: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=294&name=Powerline-Networking. Of course, results will vary.

Sony Computer Entertainment America

M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST

Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m

800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)

thunder_fist ]

Unless you want to really want to learn about computer networks, the easiest thing to do is call Sony. They will walk you through setting up a secure network for you PS3s. Otherwise, you are going to get 20 people, all with different networking and security opinions and experiences telling you 100 different things about DMZs, encryption methods, static IP addresses, port forwarding, DNSs, etc.

Very True.! lol

thunder_fist ]

My PS3 wireless stinks, even though it is 6 feet from my router. Hardwire it if you can. Consider running your network through the electrical in your home. You just plug your router and ps3s into some power outlet adapters. Look here: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=294&name=Powerline-Networking. Of course, results will vary.

I use this Linksys one, & it works great.

33-124-306-TS?$S180W$

I bought this router off of a few suggestions a couple years ago when cod4 dropped. It still works flawlessly I setup a 14digit hexcode for the wireless and other then checking for software updates I haven't had to do anything with it.

I run 2 ps3's hard wired, 1 ps3 upstairs off wireless, 2 laptops wireless, and a desktop hard wired. I paid some 80 bucks back then now it is 60 bucks a great buy for a gaming router.

Good luck with what ever you go with.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR+-+RangeMax+802.11g+Wireless+Router/7061751.p?id=1108125361676&skuId=7061751

7061751_rb.jpg