What a run...

Well, I finally got what I have been dreading.........the YLOD! After 3 years of of pushing my PS3 to the limit, it crapped out on me last night. Had this baby since the launch day and got some good use out of it, but luckily I got some gift cards to Best Buy for Christmas!.

Does anyone know if the fixes for the YLOD actually work and if they last?

Yes the trade in from Sony for $150 is a good deal it covers shipping. Once you get the refurb back you can trade it in to game crook or sell it on ebay. If you have the backward compatible 60gb they fetch a premium on ebay. Considering this is the price for a new one it's not bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/sony-playstation-3-60g-backwards-compatible_W0QQitemZ250555669432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item3a56481bb8

Crusty_Demons ]

Yes the trade in from Sony for $150 is a good deal it covers shipping. Once you get the refurb back you can trade it in to game crook or sell it on ebay. If you have the backward compatible 60gb they fetch a premium on ebay. Considering this is the price for a new one it's not bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/sony-playstation-3-60g-backwards-compatible_W0QQitemZ250555669432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item3a56481bb8

Damn, those backwards 60's get 300 bills?? Maybe Ill sell mine and get a slim and half a wii LOL

Ok, got the new slim last night...its not that bad looking. But now I am kicking myself in the rear for not backing up my data!!! I have been saying for 2 months that I need to do it because I had a funny feeling about this happening....but evidently you can not get to the data unless you have backed it up. Bought an external hdd enclosure hoping I could just plug it in the usb and it detect it but that is not the case. The only way it seems that I will get the data is to fix the old ps3 and transfer the files to the new ps3 via ethernet cables.

Unless any one else knows how to access the data?

• Directors

Nope you will loose the data when you send it it... you are pretty much hosed unless you to the self fix... search youtube to do it, it will work for a few weeks the poof you will be down again that is what one of our guys has done a couple of times

JLove ]

Ok, got the new slim last night...its not that bad looking. But now I am kicking myself in the rear for not backing up my data!!! I have been saying for 2 months that I need to do it because I had a funny feeling about this happening....but evidently you can not get to the data unless you have backed it up. Bought an external hdd enclosure hoping I could just plug it in the usb and it detect it but that is not the case. The only way it seems that I will get the data is to fix the old ps3 and transfer the files to the new ps3 via ethernet cables.

Unless any one else knows how to access the data?

What is the cheapest and easiest way to back up your data? I have a original 60gb also.

UPDATE....

So I fixed the YLOD and it worked! My I was relieved when it booted up....but man I was pissed when it said I needed to format my HDD!!! I was like..NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!! lol Must have fucked it up when I tried recovering on my cpu, I was tired as shit when I did it and was not paying attention to what I was doing. Guess I quick formatted. Now I got 2 PS3's..