Onlive?

KingJunK ]Slap me around and call me silly, but what is this?

This 48 min video pretty much explains everything.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/29/onlive-technology-demonstrated-at-columbia-university/

Sal0713 ]

it ain't out yet, from what I seen on their website.

OK, I was confused. I thought winter 2009, but I guess they didn't make it.

What I'm most curious about is the monthly fee they keep talking about.

If its not that high and this thing does what they are saying, it would essentially replace consoles and PC games IMO. With Live subscription and now the Playstation heading somewhat that way that is.

If it does what they say, & it works as good as we all would need it to.. (not like PC) Yea it would be very competitive.!!

Imagine just paying a monthly fee like Netflix & having every game at your finger tips. The thing is getting everyone to jump on it, otherwise you'll be playing by yourself. (we would have to start "Onlive" clans)

Chili-Palmer ]

If it does what they say, & it works as good as we all would need it to.. (not like PC) Yea it would be very competitive.!!

Imagine just paying a monthly fee like Netflix & having every game at your finger tips. The thing is getting everyone to jump on it, otherwise you'll be playing by yourself. (we would have to start "Onlive" clans)

Your right! I can't believe that I never thought of that. I would imagine that EVERYTHING is riding on that. And that is gonna be tough. People like love their systems. I know I do.

Chili-Palmer ]

From what I understood you only get the demo's for the subscription fee. You would still have to purchase the full games!

hitman198309 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

From what I understood you only get the demo's for the subscription fee. You would still have to purchase the full games!

If that's the case, I don't ever see this thing taking off anytime soon. The publishers are jumping on it just for the fact that Gamestop is out of the picture with this type of system.

IRISH BULL ]
hitman198309 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

If that's the case, I don't ever see this thing taking off anytime soon. The publishers are jumping on it just for the fact that Gamestop is out of the picture with this type of system.

AGREE 100%