xPUDDYTATx ]

i just got the box set which includes all 5 seasons of this show,and if you have never seen it, you need to. this is probably the bets series that hbo has ever produced, and the best series i have ever seen on television.

I really liked the Wire. It was gritty, and reminded me of The Shield in alot of ways.

The Wire is legit the best HBO show of all time and probably the best show on TV at all in the last decade. It tops most reputable "best show of the decade" lists to back that up.

I LOVED this show and for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's an absolute must. Oh, and it's Obama's favourite show. haha :P

I loved the wire it was a great show. I also like a lot of the other series on HBO Dead Wood, Big Love, East Bound and Down, Rome, OZ etc. Another great show that I haven't gotten to watch a lot of because it is on Starz is the crash series. The people that made the movie crash did a TV series I believe it is still running and it's great.

Showtime has some pretty good series also The Tudors, Weeds, Dexter, Californication etc.

Disciple74 ]

Let's just hope they do make the 6th season. I heard there was a problem with getting the ball moving on it or if they even felt like making it anymore. You would have to think the money has got to be there. Everyone I know loves this show.

nope, no sixth season. the whole story was writeen and broken up into 5 seasons, and when it was done, it was done. i will give HBO a lot of props for knowing that tv shows cant run forever,snd they are excellent at knowing when to stop.

xPUDDYTATx ]
Disciple74 ]

Let's just hope they do make the 6th season. I heard there was a problem with getting the ball moving on it or if they even felt like making it anymore. You would have to think the money has got to be there. Everyone I know loves this show.

nope, no sixth season. the whole story was writeen and broken up into 5 seasons, and when it was done, it was done. i will give HBO a lot of props for knowing that tv shows cant run forever,snd they are excellent at knowing when to stop.

Yeah, HBO loves to end shows after a few seasons. So far they've ended them all good but one, OZ. Worst ending for a series ever.

The Wire is pretty badass, also enjoyed Deadwood. They had a couple of shows that were only 2-3 seasons long that were pretty good. Sleeper Cell was a good one, but it was only two seasons I think, Rome was ok.

Correction, Sleepercell was on Showtime, Shocker cuz I really dont like any of the shows on Showtime.

Yep Deadwood was expensive and that was the reason it was cut short. There were some great actors in that show almost every single one of them has gone on to star in something else.

I remember HBO hyping the series John from Cincinnati when they ended Dead Wood and I thought to my self this damn show better be epic if they are replacing Dead Wood with it. Of course John from Cincinnati was probably the worst show ever on TV and only ran one season.