MAG Beta over! Sigh.

LPK and myself played teh mag thoroughly, playin all three factions so we can make the best choice when the game drops. its amazing. not some spawn and die mindless FPS like COD. MAG takes teamwork. shit we realized if we didnt have at least 2 medics we were screwed.

its at least worht a try, most my guys are old farts who hate FPS but boy did they fuckin love mag. shit is ballin man.

COWonCRACK ]

LPK and myself played teh mag thoroughly, playin all three factions so we can make the best choice when the game drops. its amazing. not some spawn and die mindless FPS like COD. MAG takes teamwork. shit we realized if we didnt have at least 2 medics we were screwed.

its at least worht a try, most my guys are old farts who hate FPS but boy did they fuckin love mag. shit is ballin man.

I usually cant stand FPS, let alone respawns. Ive been a Socom boy since the beginning, but this game grabbed me. The tactical capabilities and possibilities make this game soooooo much more fun than Modern Campfare 2.

There is about 14 of us over at Hell Hounds getting it, the last beta release was a whole lot better then the first release. As Cow said you need to have medics and your 2nd tier assault rifle to really be effective on the game. Team work is crucial to keep advancing the waves of enemy forces. I really like the game more and more.

Anyone get into the MAG tournament in time? http://mag.ign.com/

SILENT_JRITE ]

played the original beta, then played the public release version. they changed a LOT, the gameplay felt a LOT better. i'll definitely be picking this up come release.

I didn't care for the game, buuuut, I was in the original beta. I never DL'd the public beta. Your saying its a helluva lot better? And I am making an uninformed decision, if you will.

If you signed up for the tourney you get another week or so of the beta. If not you are SOL.

I think Wars numbers are a little off. I think only a couple of guys in the clan are not getting MAG. My problem is this; I dont think it will be a game where you can have actual competition. Where the hell are you going to fit in a private match? IDK, maybe Im wrong.

I think every game will feel like a War and tournament. When your playing your playing for something not just points. Don't like re-spawn games. Well your not re-spawning technically your reinforcements and you arrive with a group usually. That's why you have to travel to the fight.

I think most people that hate it didn't play it enough. Surely you didn't if you didn't make it to domination or assertion those were crazy fun. And there's 15 maps. And you surely didn't play with a clan. And that's the sad part because the games not that fun without clans. Remember Socom when it came out? I didn't get hooked until I got into a clan. I played with a buddy that got me into it. And with him it wasn't that great.

But anyways...

IRISH BULL ]
SILENT_JRITE ]

played the original beta, then played the public release version. they changed a LOT, the gameplay felt a LOT better. i'll definitely be picking this up come release.

I didn't care for the game, buuuut, I was in the original beta. I never DL'd the public beta. Your saying its a helluva lot better? And I am making an uninformed decision, if you will.

i did DL the pubby beta, they had changed a lot. there were no issues, period. the gameplay itself improved, IMO. the overall 'feel' of the game felt better, smoother, and more natural. zipper responded positively to the feedback given, and it showed in game.

I played the private beta extensively for about a week after it launched, then never got on it again. I'm not entirely sold on it. If enough members in VR pick it up, I may cave and pick it up. For now, though, it is not in my immediate plans to buy it, but I will rent it.

Yea i myself found this game to be monumental for server loads.. but game is nothing impressive beyond anything we already have. The fact you CANNOT make a private room to practice, plan, or even just chat totally lost 503. I dont think that even one of my guys will be buying this.. i could be wrong, but i have heard nothing "great" come from any 503 member .. or anyone i know for that matter. All in all the game looks pretty good.. the game play to me is infact mindless respawn IF YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY just like any other game. I watched the game make its minor changes along the multiple beta updates.. and it just didnt do anything for me at all.. infact i played only about 10 hours total , probably less.. and i can only hope that future PSN titles utilize the network structure to run much smaller scale games.. that to me would be "lag efficient" ... not lag free but it might be some of the best game play we have seen yet..

there will be more clan support added on launch per zipper, but we'll have to wait to see

what that actually means:

There are clan options; a limited version of which is in the beta

However, as has been stated earlier, the game is about Clans by default; the PMCs are your ultimate clan

More to talk about when the retail's out

--------------------

Jeremy Dunham

Sr. Comm Manager, Zipper Interactive

--------------------

MakeYaBleed ]

there will be more clan support added on launch per zipper, but we'll have to wait to see

what that actually means:

There are clan options; a limited version of which is in the beta

However, as has been stated earlier, the game is about Clans by default; the PMCs are your ultimate clan

More to talk about when the retail's out

--------------------

Jeremy Dunham

Sr. Comm Manager, Zipper Interactive

--------------------

That's key. But I'll wait until the UF gives their impression after the games release.