When you say you "reset" your PS3, did you hold down the on/off button on the front or switch it off on the back?

I've heard that both of those will cause the YLOD.

I picked up a useful little tip about freezing. Instead of reseting your PS3, eject the disc and your PS3 will restart itself, similar to restarting a PC. It takes about 10-12 seconds for your PS3 to restart once you've ejected the disc but it doesn't harm your system.

o_HALO_o ]

When you say you "reset" your PS3, did you hold down the on/off button on the front or switch it off on the back?

I picked up a useful little tip about freezing. Instead of reseting your PS3, eject the disc and your PS3 will restart itself, similar to restarting a PC. It takes about 10-12 seconds for your PS3 to restart once you've ejected the disc but it doesn't harm your system.

This should be posted in a sticky for all to see. I froze up and held down the power button to reboot on my 80. It got the YLOD! I never thought about ejecting the disc....

Tool_Minion ]
o_HALO_o ]

This should be posted in a sticky for all to see. I froze up and held down the power button to reboot on my 80. It got the YLOD! I never thought about ejecting the disc....

SHIT! I do the same damn thing everytime my PS3 freezes up. I also never thought about hitting the eject instead of forcing a power down. I'll be doing that from now on.