24 off to a lack-luster start?

IDK about you, but I have ALWAYS enjoyed 24's season premiers almost more than any other show on TV.

Not because I LIKE 24 better, but because they always seem to punch you in the mouth straight from the get go, and not let up.

Well I watched the 2-hour season premier last night, and I got to tell you, I wasn't impressed. Seemed like the writer's have lost ways to get Jack Bower involved in a plot now that he is 'retired'......I do appreciate that their is a WHOLE new cast to deal with, I just am thinking that 24 may have run it's course.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

That wasn't the entire premiere. They're doing a 2-night 4-hour premiere, with the other half being shown tonight.

I don't watch 24 but I'm guessing that if it seemed like it was lacking in the 2 hours last night, it might be made up for in the 2 hours they're showing tonight.

Yeah, I know....but see thats the thing. 24 has(had anyway) the ability to frustrate you with the cliff hangers they left you with after each episode. I would ACTUALLY BE MAD after an episode because they left some major drama up in the air....lol.

Didn't have the 'kick' I'm accustomed to.

I haven't even caught up on last season yet. I own 1-5 on DVD. I agree with Tool that 24 kills you with cliffhangers and I dont think there is another show out there that makes you hate a character one week and love them the next like 24 does. I can't watch this season til I catch season 7 but I will say season 6 was one of my least favorites.

Don't forget where your love for 24 came from Chili. ;D I know I know I'm slacking big time. Oh how I miss you Jack. :'( Soon I promise I'll come home. I've been watching Dexter too much lately. No spoilers in this thread or I'll bust a Bauer and decapitate you and put your head in a duffel bag. ;D

Chili-Palmer ]

FU all.. I missed both nights.. now im gonna have to wait for Netflix or some shitty quality online. :(

Prane, of all people to not be caught up. lol

You're missing out, Season 7 was SICK.!!

Catch it on HULU and then your up to speed....don't wait till netflix!!

The second part (hours 3&4) were MUCH better, right out the gate. I am at ease......

Chili-Palmer ]

FU all.. I missed both nights.. now im gonna have to wait for Netflix or some shitty quality online. :(

Prane, of all people to not be caught up. lol

You're missing out, Season 7 was SICK.!!

Chili, Chili... when will you learn? ;)

http://thepiratebay.org/tv/217/S08/

Gotta love Bauer's quote I read online!

"In the last 144 hours I have killed 185 people and saved the world 7 times. What have you done with your life?" -Jack Bauer