Why does UF enable target spotting?

Covert-OPs_ ]
xXNAME_HEREXx ]

leader section would prob give you a quicker answer ::)

It's ok I got a response via AIM yesterday. Apparently if you turn it off it still doesn't actually turn it off. I may test this tonight before I start playing.

It was allegedly addressed in the last patch, but it still doesn't seem to be working correctly. If your tests tonight reveal something different, please let us know.

Yeah the problem is not that it never works, it is that it only sometimes works. When we looked into this previously, we found that sometimes it would work and other times it would not.

It would not be fair for those who did get it to work and then for those it did not work for. I am not sure if it is a hosting issue or if it is just a indiscriminate issue. We just know that by disabling it did not work 100 percent of the time, this would make war being fought under different conditions and we did not want that.

When we have enabled it, the rooms stay 100 percent consistent. All war are fought on the same playing field.

Bandit99 ]

Yeah the problem is not that it never works, it is that it only sometimes works. When we looked into this previously, we found that sometimes it would work and other times it would not.

It would not be fair for those who did get it to work and then for those it did not work for. I am not sure if it is a hosting issue or if it is just a indiscriminate issue. We just know that by disabling it did not work 100 percent of the time, this would make war being fought under different conditions and we did not want that.

When we have enabled it, the rooms stay 100 percent consistent. All war are fought on the same playing field.

Understood but have you done extensive tests since 1.6? I am willing to have 5 different people host 5 different rooms and run through 3 different maps per host. Map 1 with target spotting on, map 2 with target spotting off and map 3 with target spotting on again. I'm not sure how you all ran the tests or how you came to the conclusion that it worked for some and not for others(assuming you've tested it since 1.6). What I do know is that there was an error on Socom prior to 1.6 where even if you turned target spotting off it would not "take" as the setting for the room so it was still enabled.

As a general rule I hate radar but if it is how you explained(since 1.6) then I would agree that you have no other choice. However, from the limited tests I did last night it seems to be working.