Clan Site Host Question????

OK, for all you guys that run your clan sites. I have a few questions.

When I made our site a few months ago ( www.hell-hounds.com ) I needed to do it in a hurry. The clan game is a fast and unrelenting mistress. I didnt have the time to set one up like I wanted. In a hurry I put up a site at, ughhh... freeforums.org

It has actually served us well the last few months. I have the forums and users where I want them, and its full of content and clan info.

My dilemma is that we have out-grown what we have. Which, is a problem you want to have.

If I upgrade the site I have to go through http://www.hostgator.com/ and I have no idea about their service. Or Im stuck moving everything and starting over.

Any help or suggestions? I know a lot of you guys run your own sites.

BTW... Love the 141 banner. Tight as F!

• Directors

You will be starting over, but Hostgator is great. The owner lives in Houston near John... and if you do choose to go with Hostgator, please use our affiliate link http://secure.hostgator.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=dsysadist we host Merc City there and I have several sites hosted there.

There is a great wealth of talent on UF to help you get your site going too

Actually if you go from freeforums to HostGator they will move everything with the upgrade to premium service. Its looking like my best option as far as the ease of the transition. Thanks for the seal of approval though. Is there a coupon code or anything to give you guys a little kickback?

If you are moving over to a real host, & you get to keep everything i would say that is your best option.!!

But are you going to be limited by the forums.?

Are there any drawbacks by staying with the same set up.?

Im guessing upgrading will remove the banners.?

Also i would add "PS3" to the header where it says..

[H-H] HELL HOUNDS

Modern Warfare 2 - MAG

WOLVERIN-E ]

For you guys that got Unlimited plans, well I'm sorry to tell you, nothing is unlimited. If you ever come close to the quota they have set on their TOS or in the system, they will eventually say something. Also try to stay away from host that oversell their servers.

You beat me to the punch. Stay away from any company offering you unlimited hosting, it's just not true. Read their terms of service very closely and I guarantee you'll find the clause that says once you reach xxx amount of space or bandwidth they have the right to suspend you due to server stress, etc. I've been in the hosting business for about 8 years now and unlimited is just not true at all. Agreed as well with overselling ... although its nice when you are first starting out it becomes a problem.