Tonight Show Battle

Not to mention he is probably under contract for a few years, & will continue to get paid until it is up, but that also means he can NOT do late night TV anywhere else. (until that contract is up)

I'm with you though Puddy, i'd take the PAID vacation with a smile.. I capitalized paid, because this is no regular paid vacation. lol ;D (can you imagine getting paid millions to be on vacation. lol) Ah showbiz. :)

xPUDDYTATx ]

im confused. so...my boss tells me that they are gonna find another guy to do my job, in fact the guy that i replaced, and then they are gonna give me 30+ million dollars...AND i getta make fun of that guy and my employer for a week before i have to go?

im not sure i see the problem here.

Well, when you get promised that job 5 years ago and it's your DREAM job, you would get a little pissed off. Plus, on his final show, he had a huge thank you speech to NBC despite all of the differences. Conan is pure comedy, so he went out the way he was brought up.. using comedy.
Chili-Palmer ]

Not to mention he is probably under contract for a few years, & will continue to get paid until it is up, but that also means he can NOT do late night TV anywhere else. (until that contract is up)

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's no longer under contract with NBC. That's why there was so much negotiation between the two sides. The only thing I know for sure is that Conan is not allowed to use any of his bits from the Tonight Show for like a year.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been on Team Coco the entire team. He was promised the Tonight show 5 years ago, Leno was SUPPOSED to retire, and got screwed out of it all in the end. NBC talks about doing it because of ratings and how Conan's have dropped tremendously from Leno's, but they don't talk about the fact that ALL NBC shows, INCLUDING Leno's boring show, have dropped in ratings. The fact that Leno even got a new show after giving up the Tonight Show is a joke. Any older audience that Conan would potentially get from Leno ended up just watching Leno since it's more convenient to watch when it's 1 and a half hours earlier.

Conan deserves to get another late night show VERY soon. He takes his shows to another level that neither Leno, Letterman, Kimmel, or anyone else can match. The amount of hands on skits that he does and the things that he puts himself through make him pure entertainment. Hell, back in Late Night, he did skits from Finland and Canada. His ideas are brilliant and I'd be pissed if he doesn't get back into late night shows somewhere. Hell, he may even be a nice force on Comedy Central.