Super Bowl XLIV predictions

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

I guess I'll hop on the bandwagon and go with the.. uh, COLTS.

I guess that people are forgetting a simple fact: PEYTON MANNING.

He's going to tear up the Saints secondary even more than he did to the Jets.

Preach it Churchy! Preach it!

yea peyton went a combined 56-83 623 yds 5 tds 1 int against the #1 and #8 passing defences thus far in the playoffs and this is without a real threat of a running game to speak of so unless peyton feels pity on the saints its gonna be colts all the way. winning by two tds and guess who is gonna be mvp...

Lil V.C ]

yea peyton went a combined 56-83 623 yds 5 tds 1 int against the #1 and #8 passing defences thus far in the playoffs and this is without a real threat of a running game to speak of so unless peyton feels pity on the saints its gonna be colts all the way. winning by two tds and guess who is gonna be mvp...

Well, like I mentioned before, I obviously want the Saints to win, but if they don't it will be a little easier to swallow with Peyton Manning and team taking it. You do know he is a NOLA boy? ;)

Manning isn't invincible even though he really is great, it is possible to beat him. Even though the Niners didn't win they kept him to no TDs and broke his sack less streak. If I where the Saint's I would be looking at the games where he scored the fewest to see how the other teams did it. I remember the Niners did the little trick of standing up, where 2 Defensive players stood up and made it look like they where dropping back but rushed in the thing is you gotta trick the best and smartest QB in the NFL he still passed for 300yrds but hey 0tds it was a good game.

Lil V.C ]

Well, like I mentioned before, I obviously want the Saints to win, but if they don't it will be a little easier to swallow with Peyton Manning and team taking it. You do know he is a NOLA boy? ;)

Ya kinda story book. Kinda like the student coming home to SCHOOL the teacher. The answer to WHO DAT? Is Peyton Manning throwing for another TD.

xXNAME_HEREXx ]
Ziefin ]

Well championships are always won by the defense. The Saints don't have a defense that can stop the massive offense of the Colts. The Colts defense is awesome and will break-down the Saints offense.

thats a lie ::) colts arent gonna break the saints defense

The COLTS have already taken the #1 and #8 passing defenses down:), the saints have a good defense and a good offense....

Gonna be a great Super Bowl.....

But as Churchy said..... everyone is forgetting about the main man : PEYTON MANNING. IMO the greatest quarterback on the field right now(sure Farve is great, but peyton is the top QB right now)..

The Colts will be able to score and score big, its gonna be up to the saints to keep up..One thing is for sure, this game will tell us how good the saints really are, and Like i said at the beginning on this season, there isnt anyone that can beat the COLTS!

My score prediction

Colts: 35

Saints 13

I think it's going to be a barn burner for sure. The only thing that everyone keeps prattling on about that is not entirely true is Peyton. He isn't as godly as everyone makes him out to be. If you put ANY of the top tier QB's in the same situation as Peyton, the results will be the same. Hell they only run about 8 plays. With him sitting back reading the defense at the LOS for 30 seconds and adjusting the play according to the defense. Terry Bradshaw did the same thing with the Steelers, and he was only an average QB at best.

I'm not saying Peyton isn't good, because he is. But he isn't the end all for QB's that everyone thinks he is.

Either way, I have nothing vested in either team, and just want it to be a good game.

BigMoneyNacku ]

I think it's going to be a barn burner for sure. The only thing that everyone keeps prattling on about that is not entirely true is Peyton. He isn't as godly as everyone makes him out to be. If you put ANY of the top tier QB's in the same situation as Peyton, the results will be the same. Hell they only run about 8 plays. With him sitting back reading the defense at the LOS for 30 seconds and adjusting the play according to the defense. Terry Bradshaw did the same thing with the Steelers, and he was only an average QB at best.

I'm not saying Peyton isn't good, because he is. But he isn't the end all for QB's that everyone thinks he is.

Either way, I have nothing vested in either team, and just want it to be a good game.

isnt that EVERY qbs job? thats exactly the point how many other qbs would a coach give this much freedom to

Lil V.C ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

isnt that EVERY qbs job? thats exactly the point how many other qbs would a coach give this much freedom to

Hafta agree...Peyton is one of the few QB's who does his job fully, he makes most of he calls, audibles the line based upon what he sees, and Peyton is pretty damn good at reading the defense.

Sure, he isnt godly, he can be beat, but I disagree with you saying if you take the top QB's and put them in the sam sit, the outcome will be the same... I disagree with that based upon;

-Peytons defense reading (IMO the best in the NFL)

-Peytons Passing (as long a the reciever can catch it, Peyton can put the ball in places that most QB's in the lagues cant, Peyton IMO has the best accurate throw in the NFL)

-Not only can Peyton read the defense, but he seems to know whats the defense is gonna do next(after the snap), other QB's are good at this to though

Terry Bradshaw made calls on the line yes, but he wasnt as accurate as to what play to switch to, and Terry also had some other flaws in his game, IMO he isnt near the QB that Peyton is. And I believe Peyton is just hitting him prime.. I dont have nothing against the saints, and I am sure I will enjoy the game, but I will be rooting for my boys!!!!

GO COLTS GO!

and BTW I have been a colts fan even when they sucked back in the day, so I am not someone who just jumped on the Manning Bandwagon; although I am sure as hell happy to have him as our QB!

Lil V.C ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Hafta agree...Peyton is one of the few QB's who does his job fully, he makes most of he calls, audibles the line based upon what he sees, and Peyton is pretty damn good at reading the defense.

Sure, he isnt godly, he can be beat, but I disagree with you saying if you take the top QB's and put them in the sam sit, the outcome will be the same... I disagree with that based upon;

-Peytons defense reading (IMO the best in the NFL)

-Peytons Passing (as long a the reciever can catch it, Peyton can put the ball in places that most QB's in the lagues cant, Peyton IMO has the best accurate throw in the NFL)

-Not only can Peyton read the defense, but he seems to know whats the defense is gonna do next(after the snap), other QB's are good at this to though

Terry Bradshaw made calls on the line yes, but he wasnt as accurate as to what play to switch to, and Terry also had some other flaws in his game, IMO he isnt near the QB that Peyton is. And I believe Peyton is just hitting him prime.. I dont have nothing against the saints, and I am sure I will enjoy the game, but I will be rooting for my boys!!!!

GO COLTS GO!

and BTW I have been a colts fan even when they sucked back in the day, so I am not someone who just jumped on the Manning Bandwagon; although I am sure as hell happy to have him as our QB!

You disagree because you are a homer. :P

They only have 8 plays. 8. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Bret Farve, Sam Cassell, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Hassleback, just to name a few could step right into Indy and win just as big after learning the system. Especially with that reciever core.

I don't think you understand how easy that system at Indy is for a good QB to run. That's the damn beauty of it. 8 plays offensively. Sure they might have a trick play or two thrown in once in awhile, but it's still only 8 plays to know. My whole point in bringing Bradshaw up, is he's an average QB, and he ran that system very well. But when you only have to know and read for 8 plays, AND you are a good QB, you are going to be great. Peyton is NOT changing the plays out there most of the time. He's changing the hot reciever or one recievers route. The defense will have to show it's hand and he makes an easy read when they do. Why do you think that everytime a reciever goes down or gets doubled there, someone else picks up the slack. Even a guy off the bench. Because the system is so easy for them to learn.

I'm not hating on the COlts one bit. I admire that they took that old school system and do it better than anyone ever has. But to say Peyton is the best ever, especially at his age, is pre-mature. What kind of numbers do you think Dan Marino could have put up on THAT Colts team? Or Joe Montana?

but ya see, its not exactly 8 plays....It starts as 8 plays, but Peyton changes the run pattern, or he could change something else coded, so 8 plays can turn into alot by just what you said, the route., rem the route the reciever takes can make or break the game, and from what I have seem this year, Peyton sure does pick them out..

Although I disagree, I think peyton does call alot ofthe plays and does change the plays(when they huddle), If they run the rush offense I think he does mainly change the route.

I have heard the 8 plays thing before, but trust me Peyton and his offensive have alot more up their sleeves ;D ;D

You mentions alot of QB"s that could come into Indy and win..I have seen them beat the colts, but IMO if Indy only has about 8 plays, then the other teams have some crappy coaches for not figureing it out yet :P :P :P :P :P lol

But for real, it will be a awsome game I do know that and I for one cant wait to watch it!

Ziefin ]

Well championships are always won by the defense. The Saints don't have a defense that can stop the massive offense of the Colts. The Colts defense is awesome and will break-down the Saints offense.

Massive? Isn't this a team with a little run game that relies on Passing?