Pc hard drive partition help

So I just wiped a hard drive for a relative and re-installed XP. While I did it I thought I would do the partition thing. Which im not too familiar with in the first place.

Well my issue is in this 80 gig hard drive, I set aside 5 gigs in the partition...well turns out that thats all I can use rite now...says disk is getting full and shit.

I am in manage my computer than clicked disk managment and I see the other 70 or so gigs there but says unallocated. So I tried to make it a new partition and it turned geen and said unused space...but It doesnt show up when I look at the amount of disk space left.

Is there a way to re-link the 70 gigs to the 5 I set aside? Or anyway to see and use the rest the drive?

Yeah, the first option is the right option....god it's been awhile!

The next question will be something to the effect of.......damn I forget. There is a long and a short option though, and you ALWAYS choose the shorter of the two.

I know this sounds vague as hell, but when you get there it will make sense! ;D

well i chose not to format cause I thought It would have already been done from before...but I guess it only formatted the small section of the HD the first time. SO when I looked at the drive it said full...So now Im doing a format by right clicking the drive and format. Should be good. about half way done.

This guys old HD is fucked! He had bad virus...if you searched anything about virus removers...it would close everything. So i just gave him my old hd i had laying around...same size as his before so its cool. I dont dare hook his to my pc to clear it up lol.

• 3 weeks later...
-Rooster- ]

This guys old HD is fucked! He had bad virus...if you searched anything about virus removers...it would close everything. So i just gave him my old hd i had laying around...same size as his before so its cool. I dont dare hook his to my pc to clear it up lol.

Are you in FLA near Daytona? Sounds like my Dad's computer.

I would salvage that hdd no problem. Assuming you have a cd burner download and burn one of the

many available linux distros on cd. Go into bios, make sure your computer is set to boot from cdrom

before hdd, save and exit, shut down pc, install hdd, put in and boot from linux cd and format the

drive (make sure you don't format your primary drive). Then you just take out the cd, reboot and

once in windows you can format it again or whatnot. Windows viruses won't be able to do anything

since you will be running a different OS when you do the initial format.

I wish I could remember the name but it escapes me right now, there is a really nice iso linux distro

that is built to be like an open source partition magic.