MAG whose playing

I have heard rumors (some of which my guys probably started) that private matches for Suppression and Domination will be added in a future patch. Also in a future patch is supposed to be the ability to have more than 8 guys in your lobby. Those 2 things are really the only thing wrong with the game.

As far as the game play, they fixed a few minor bugs for the release like the hit detection. Thank you Jesus.

The game is fun and addicting. Brings a real sense of teamwork to a FPS. We have a lot of guys on it nightly and its been treating us well.

Ultimate clan game. It's has ever bit of the same Clan Support as Socom. Sure no private rooms. But we had 3 groups playing all together in the same room and NEVER broke up like COD.

So were ready to group up and dominate this thing....

We chose Valor Company.

I changed my PSN for this game. If you would like to group up with my clan send friend invite to...

SOTG_Marauder_

Let get it on!

Ultimate clan game. It's has ever bit of the same Clan Support as Socom. Sure no private rooms. But we had 3 groups playing all together in the same room and NEVER broke up like COD.

So were ready to group up and dominate this thing....

We chose Valor Company.

I changed my PSN for this game. If you would like to group up with my clan send friend invite to...

SOTG_Marauder_

Let get it on!

It's easier to play in the same match with people when you queue up at the same time on the games release date. If the game doesn't get as popular as they hope, it'll remain easy to stay in the same game and the same platoon as your clan.

But to say that it has the same support as Socom is a joke. As much as we hate Socom, it has the most in depth clan system of any shooter we've seen. All you can do in MAG is invite people and give someone a promotion. That doesn't say much, at all.

It's easier to play in the same match with people when you queue up at the same time on the games release date. If the game doesn't get as popular as they hope, it'll remain easy to stay in the same game and the same platoon as your clan.

But to say that it has the same support as Socom is a joke. As much as we hate Socom, it has the most in depth clan system of any shooter we've seen. All you can do in MAG is invite people and give someone a promotion. That doesn't say much, at all.

First paragraph made no sense.

And the second what does Socom do any better then this clan support does?

You said that you had 3 groups play together in the same room without breaking up. I'm saying it's easy to do that because there's no many people playing the game. If you guys queue up at the same time, of course you'll end up in the same match because there's nobody playing the game. IF the game gets a bigger audience, I bet when you try to queue up, it will be A LOT harder to end up together.

And are you seriously saying that MAG's clan system is as good as Socoms? Having a clan roster and a tag is just as good as Socoms? If that's the case, then I guess GRAW, COD, RB6V have online systems just as good as Socom, too.

I guess I missed the part where you can give your clan it's own emblem, camouflage for armor, organize clan matches on ladders..

Plus, you're saying "no private rooms" as if that's not a big deal. Sure you can have the same tag as someone, but if you can't sit there and have an organized clan tournament, then what's the use? All this game wants you to do is go out there and shoot with a squad of 8 using as many tactics as you think you can do and leaving the match on the shoulders of 120 random people. If this game was REALLY geared towards clans, there would have been a setup for private rooms and clan matches to happen on the game.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

You said that you had 3 groups play together in the same room without breaking up. I'm saying it's easy to do that because there's no many people playing the game. If you guys queue up at the same time, of course you'll end up in the same match because there's nobody playing the game. IF the game gets a bigger audience, I bet when you try to queue up, it will be A LOT harder to end up together.

And are you seriously saying that MAG's clan system is as good as Socoms? Having a clan roster and a tag is just as good as Socoms? If that's the case, then I guess GRAW, COD, RB6V have online systems just as good as Socom, too.

I guess I missed the part where you can give your clan it's own emblem, camouflage for armor, organize clan matches on ladders..

Plus, you're saying "no private rooms" as if that's not a big deal. Sure you can have the same tag as someone, but if you can't sit there and have an organized clan tournament, then what's the use? All this game wants you to do is go out there and shoot with a squad of 8 using as many tactics as you think you can do and leaving the match on the shoulders of 120 random people. If this game was REALLY geared towards clans, there would have been a setup for private rooms and clan matches to happen on the game.

Well said Churchy!! ;D

I highly doubt Churchy that this game will go long without them adding private match capabilities. expect a patch within a month correcting that.

A patch. From Zipper. Within a month. Am I in Bizarro world? :-X

I highly doubt Churchy that this game will go long without them adding private match capabilities. expect a patch within a month correcting that.

I HIGHLY doubt that. Even if you give it a year, I highly doubt it'll happen. Zipper made this game to be a full-scale war with up to 256 people for a reason. Like many people are saying, this isn't Socom. Not every game Zipper makes will end up the same. In order for them to give us the option to create a private match, it'll end up being way too much of a hassle. They'll pretty much need to release a new game. These servers are dedicated servers hosted by Sony. Private matches can't be hosted by Sony because a player will have to create a room.

Plus, I don't know if you have the game or not, but there's no way one person would be able to host a private room on a game like MAG. Even if it does end up being a 10v10 match, the maps are entirely too big for something like this to take place. They'd have to reconfigure the maps to allow for smaller gameplay and lesser objective, which I just don't see happening.

They wanted this game to be about the Shadow War between 3 opposing factions going nuts on each other. Plus, creating private matches leads to people sitting around finding glitches. I don't think I'm being sarcastic when I say that Zipper knows about glitches and they know very well. Leaving it the way it is now is probably best. Glitchers don't have a chance to go out and exploit the game, boosters don't have a chance to sit around in a private room and have everyone become an OIC in just a day.

Wow, Churchy you put a lot of time and thought into a game you don't like.

All they have to do is give two 8 man teams the ability to sync a que and join a game, but it has already been said that they are gonna open the lobby's up to 16 man teams. That will be two squads and two squads holding it down is pretty damn good.

Oh someone said two separate groups que up all at the same time does work for getting into the same room. You can invite more then 8 people in a lobby you just don't see them but you can hear everyone. then when you join it will put you into two different squads. So the capability is already there they just need to enable it for 16 - 32 man lobbies.

I'm confused now. Yes or no. Can you create a private room and play on a map with your mates only?

Also, I was at Best Buy and checked this game out and seen it only supports 720p and 480p?!! So if your like me and only have a 1080i HD TV, it won't be in HD?!! Like LBP and any Battlefield friggin game.

OK Irish ignore all of that. It's not in 1080. But don't worry about that at all they did that because the scope of the game is so large. But pay all of that no mind. Also I was wrong about the grouping thing you can only have 8 people in your squad or group. But they are going to change that soon.

But I must stress this game is incredibly fun. Playing with your friends and clan mates have never been funner I don't care what anyone says. Each game we play there's so mush crap going on. Your with your guys just doing your best at doing your thing. Like we had this transport where we where attacking SVER. We would roll through the broken city from objective to objective. Just us. There was a huge battle going on around us. But we were only focused on the shit we had to do to help everyone win. We would get attacked and after we took care of the bad guys we would make sure we repaired the transport because that was what we re spawned at. Where ever the transport was.

The game is so big and so awesome it's hard to explain. I am not trying to hype it up but if your clan is not playing this game together your completely missing out.

OK Irish ignore all of that. It's not in 1080. But don't worry about that at all they did that because the scope of the game is so large. But pay all of that no mind. Also I was wrong about the grouping thing you can only have 8 people in your squad or group. But they are going to change that soon.

So with a 1080i ONLY HDTV, it will be scaled down to 480p, right? If that's correct, it looks like shit on my TV. I blame the Dev's and Sony. More so Sony, because they could patch the friggin' PS3 to correct this issue.

IRISH BULL ]
SILENT_JRITE ]

i've got a 1080p tv, and it scales down and looks great.

I have an older model 1080i HDTV and it scales it down to 480p, not 720p. I have this problem with any game that doesn't support 1080i. Looks like crap. Especially on a 55in.

Check your settings on the playstation. Normally it will do the work for your TV, providing you are using HDMI. Dont quote me on it, but its worth a shot.

Swine__ ]
IRISH BULL ]
SILENT_JRITE ]

i've got a 1080p tv, and it scales down and looks great.

I have an older model 1080i HDTV and it scales it down to 480p, not 720p. I have this problem with any game that doesn't support 1080i. Looks like crap. Especially on a 55in.

Check your settings on the playstation. Normally it will do the work for your TV, providing you are using HDMI. Dont quote me on it, but its worth a shot.

No, it doesn't work. I have researched this to the hilt. With older model 1080i HDTV's, it has to be supported.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=1543693

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=1543758#M1543758