as stated in my other thread

ok so i grabbed a WRT150N.. now im beating my head against the wall trying to connect

error the connection attempt has timed out

return to the netwrok settings menu

is going to be burned into my screen by the end of the week.

I opened up the correct ports (10070-10080 tcp and 10070 udp) the linksys help line told me to assign it to 192.168.1.5 and its enabled... but still no lick, and all they tell me to do is call Sony

I guess we just arent getting all the info we need to help you here.

What are you connecting to your router?

Wired or wireless?

If wireless, WHY?

If your router is going to be in your basement put it up as close to the cieling as possible if you have something upstairs running wireless.

I have never had to open ports on a router to play socom with it. Try to stay away from wireless. Hard wired is by far better to assure no packet loss or collisions.

You should be able to use the router with the default settings unless your modem is using an IP of 192.168.1.1 In that case you would set your router to 192.168.1.2

Make sure you have DHCP enabled so it will dish out IPs to all you computers and ps2 or ps3.

Reset you cable modem then reset your router after the modem make sure your router is set to run mixed so you get the wired and wireless.

Detroit, try this, I know it sounds to easy. I had problems with my router when I first got it. Come to find out my service provider would only allow on ISP address. So it was set to my computer before I got online to game. I couldn't go straight to my Playstation because it was a different IP address. Same thing with the router. I had to call my service provider and have them change the accepted IP adress to that of the router before I could use my playstation online. Hey just trying to help, no need to make fun LOL. The computer thing is not my gig good luck though, we missed you at the meeting last night

sorry guys forogt my laptop@ home today so no posting from work, as usual :P

It is a wireless router, but i am using a wired connection for the PS2

PS2 was in port 2 w/ pc on 1 w/. the older router (stock sympatico)

now no hard wired pc, PS2 nogo from port 2 or port 1

wifi signal is good where it is, w/ new router

DHCP is enabled

tried logging in/running setup disk w/ autosettings, wont connect

Right now the only thing connectd to the router (aside from the modem) is the PS2 9wired connections)

Connection Type: PPPoE

Login Status: Connected

Internet IP Address: 70.54.xx.xxx

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255

Default Gateway: 64.230.xxx.xxx

DNS1: 207.164.xxx.xxx <- *primary DNS?

DNS2: 67.69.xxx.xxx <- *Secondary DNS?

DNS3:

MTU: 1492

* = for manual setup in ps2 connection? if so i tried these and still nothing

the IP address for the port am connected to (port 1) is 192.168.1.100

LMK if theres anything else i should do :(