Lost Discussion Thread *** Warning, Episode Spoiler ***

I know there has been threads made in the past, but they are pretty old since the shows hiatus. So I thought I would start a new one, since the latest show was so (IMO) CONFUSING!! I put ***Episode Spoiler*** because I want to talk openly about shows that have aired. So if you don't want an episode "spoiled", watch it first before you read this thread.

Here is my take on it so far:

From what I'm gathering is that Jacob is God, or one of the Archangel's, and the man in black who is now posing as John Locke is the Devil, or Lucifer. When he (John/man in black) said he wanted to go home to Ben, he meant back to heaven. Where, according to the bible, he was cast out of. Now "with his hosts of angels, and since then he has been flying in the air continually above the abyss." The abyss being the island.

I'm guessing the island is where he has been for eternity, and he's trying to get back into Heaven. The "others" are angels, but not Archangel's. That's why they can be killed. And they are on the island to keep Lucifer there. -OR- they are aware what the island is, and are some sort of "helpers" that stay on the island to help keep the man in black on the island. That's why I think in the last episode there was basically a fountain of youth. To keep them healthy and able to be healed after a battle.

Now the people on the island from Oceanic Flight 815, the ones who survived the crash and island. I think they were hand picked by God or the Archangel to help the angel's battle Lucifer, for some special reason each of them possess. We know they were hand picked, because the last two episodes showed Jacob touch each of them some way.

The people from the Dharma Initiative are people that have been corrupted by some sort of evil, and that's why they're there. The man in black had some sort of hand in that occurring, though they never hinted that, again, I'm just guessing.

But what the hell is going on where Jack and the other passengers are now back home, but on the island at the same time. And what the Hell did Juliette mean "It worked". That's the confusing part that I want to hear other people discuss. To get their take on everything so far.

I also felt the whole god/devil angle was being played out, but to me it seems to be happening on a smaller scale.....

I think it is simply two old entities that have made a wager....and it's looking like the wager was fine for the 'light' entity (Jacob) and the dark entity (Now J-Locke) could no longer accept it.

Also, I looked at it from the 'alien' perspective. If you notice, every advanced civilization from the Egyptians to the Aztecs are represented. People have always contended (a certain sect anyhow) that an alien race shared knowledge with these two groups. In the 'foot' temple where Jacob was killed, one of the wall art was of the egyptian god Ra....and the new temple is of Mayan style......

IDK where exactly they are going with it, but I am as always intrigued...

I think they are going with "String theory" and saying everything that can happen.. happens in different realities. Or something like that. With this show the title says it all since I'm pretty much LOST on what the hell is going on most of the time.

p.s. the whole "hatch" incident was sort of a let down..

• 2 weeks later...
Goat ]

With this show the title says it all since I'm pretty much LOST on what the hell is going on most of the time.

I think the writers are too. Seasons 4 and 5, seemed like they kind of had a game plan, but this whole dual reality thing means now they can can play it out as long as the network wants them to.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great show, but it sure seems there's been a lot of nothing happening.

Did you guys see this? I'm on Ben's side now.

The Soup: Michael Emerson

Well, after last nights show I have no idea what to think. Who the hell was that kid that Dark Lock saw, but Richard didn't? and then Sawyer saw him too.

Never thought about the alien concept, but it could make sense, but honestly I don't think it's that complicated.

I almost want to go back and rewatch some episodes from the second season, I believe, where Ben talks to Ethan and the other "spy" to make lists for the people they were supposed to take.

I think that, dispite some episodes that were a little off, they have had a general plan the entire time. Which is why, in the first season, Richard visits Lock as a kid, and in Season 2 or 3 Lock tells Richard to go see him as a child to see if he is ready to be their leader.

Also, Lock has always had a thing for the monster. He stared right into it in S1, then at the end of that season he wanted to be pulled underground by the monster.

Hopefully next week they'll get back to what happens to Sayid.

One additional thought that I'm sure will be important: they have been talking about ash alot regarding Jacob, since the 4th season. The chick from the plan that was in charge bagged some of Jacobs ashes, weird that he burned completely; that fire was pretty small, nowhere near hot enough to break down bones, but Jacob was all gone...

I'm just getting pissed at this point. Pretty much every damn episode reveals nothing, but adds more questions. Don't get me wrong, they definitely have a great idea to keep people locked in and to sell advertising for years, but its getting ridiculous.

I think that every episode from here out, is NOT gonna reveal one damn thing. AND, just gonna have you sucked in even more with more questions. They are gonna hold back EVERYTHING until the last episode, which will probably be a 2 hour one. Then and only then, all of this will be revealed.

I just think its kinda shitty. I'm too sucked in now to turn away, but I believe they lost a lot of viewers because of this practice. I think that's why they are finally ending it. From what I read, the ratings have dropped every season. And I think its because they don't explain ANYTHING!!!

I mean you have to admit, none of these new episodes have explained anything....ANYTHING!! Who is the man in black, who is Jacod, who the hell are the "others" and why the hell are they there??? etc, etc, etc....

The only saving grace now, are those "enhanced" episodes. I wouldn't have even known that what we are watching when they flash to the real world are what they are calling "flash sideways." What the hell is that!!???

The kid was Jacob....he said so. I would say an apparition?

The ash is what the people use to circle the entire temple, as well as what one of the men that went into the 'foot' after Ben killed Jacob used to encircle themselves with to ward off the black smoke....so I would only assume it's the only thing that can protect them from the evil.

As to the people of the island: The revealing part of the last episode was the names with the numbers next to them in the cave. Each number was part of the code that Hurly used to win the lotto, that they had to enter to keep the EMP or whatever at bay in the hatch, and they are getting crossed out as each potential 'candidate' is killed.

Jack and Locke (the bad guy in Locke's 'form') will end up being the good and evil forces on the island set up for all time as was Jacob and new-locke before.

The ONLY thing I could see changing is Sawyer taking the Locke-look-alikes place.

Just my deductions!

I thought the kid said, "You can't kill him, its against the rules." Not you can't kill me. But I thought it was Jacob also.

But we still don't know anything!!! I want some answers, DAMN IT!!! lol I mean jeez-us, give us one or two to the hundred or so questions there are.

IRISH BULL ]

I thought the kid said, "You can't kill him, its against the rules." Not you can't kill me. But I thought it was Jacob also.

But we still don't know anything!!! I want some answers, DAMN IT!!! lol I mean jeez-us, give us one or two to the hundred or so questions there are.

He did say that, but when Sawyer asked who the kid was, Locke said 'Jacob'.

IRISH BULL ]

I'm just getting pissed at this point. Pretty much every damn episode reveals nothing, but adds more questions. Don't get me wrong, they definitely have a great idea to keep people locked in and to sell advertising for years, but its getting ridiculous.

I think that every episode from here out, is NOT gonna reveal one damn thing. AND, just gonna have you sucked in even more with more questions. They are gonna hold back EVERYTHING until the last episode, which will probably be a 2 hour one. Then and only then, all of this will be revealed.

I just think its kinda shitty. I'm too sucked in now to turn away, but I believe they lost a lot of viewers because of this practice. I think that's why they are finally ending it. From what I read, the ratings have dropped every season. And I think its because they don't explain ANYTHING!!!

I mean you have to admit, none of these new episodes have explained anything....ANYTHING!! Who is the man in black, who is Jacod, who the hell are the "others" and why the hell are they there??? etc, etc, etc....

The only saving grace now, are those "enhanced" episodes. I wouldn't have even known that what we are watching when they flash to the real world are what they are calling "flash sideways." What the hell is that!!???

Amen. It's like we're back to season 1. It's just a big scam to get everyone to tune in every week. We can only admire Kate for so long. They need to start wrapping some shit up. And, could one of the dead people please stay dead when they do it.

Didn't Locke break his back after his chick left him? How did the plane making it to LA change that? I remember him being all on his own, talking to the phone sex lady about his walkabout, with a busted back.

Joey, is right about the lists. Ben said he expected lists from Ethan and the other guy by the end of the week. Of course, they'll go back and change the story saying they just wanted a manifest, even though the Others already had access to one.

I think Jacob pulled a Ben Kenobi, and let himself be killed so he could became someone/something else. They'll do something with his ashes. If there's enough ashes to surround the cabin and the temple, he's done this lots of times before.

winky.jpg

Tool_Minion ]
IRISH BULL ]

He did say that, but when Sawyer asked who the kid was, Locke said 'Jacob'.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just watched it again. The kid actually says, "You know the rules, you can't kill him." Then when Locke returns to Sawyer in the woods, Sawyer ask him, "Did you catch up to the kid?" And Locke says "What kid?"

I'm only pointing this out as to the confusion they keep adding to this friggin' show.

thunder_fist ]

Amen. It's like we're back to season 1. It's just a big scam to get everyone to tune in every week. We can only admire Kate for so long. They need to start wrapping some shit up. And, could one of the dead people please stay dead when they do it.

Didn't Locke break his back after his chick left him? How did the plane making it to LA change that? I remember him being all on his own, talking to the phone sex lady about his walkabout, with a busted back.

Joey, is right about the lists. Ben said he expected lists from Ethan and the other guy by the end of the week. Of course, they'll go back and change the story saying they just wanted a manifest, even though the Others already had access to one.

I think Jacob pulled a Ben Kenobi, and let himself be killed so he could became someone/something else. They'll do something with his ashes. If there's enough ashes to surround the cabin and the temple, he's done this lots of times before.

Exactly. Now until the end of the series, we get to watch all the survivors "flash sideways", as they are calling it. They explain it if you watch those enhanced episodes. They say this is what would have happened to everyone if the plane just landed as normal. My question is...who gives a fat rats ass what WOULD have happened?!! Why is that relevant?!!

I mean I get the flash backs, but now there is flash sideways?!!! The preview of the next episode is gonna be Jack's flash sideways. We got to watch Locke, Claire and Kate's, so now its Jack's turn. So all we have to wait for is Jin, Sun, Hurley, Sayid, and Sawyer. Son-of-a-bitch!! >:(

I think the kid is Aaron.. the son of the Aussie chick. who seems to be acting like the French chick did? Is Aaron the new Jacob? Is Ben the new Locke? is Locke the new Richard? Is Sawyer the new Ben? Is Richard the new.. etc.. etc.. who the hell knows? Answer some damn questions.. I don't need a cave (by the way who else just knew Sawyer was going to slip on the ladder? fricking obvious!!) with a bunch of numbers (lotto/hatch code) next to names (Ben's/Jacob's list) on the walls that doesn't tell us anything...

aliens, time travel, nukes, alternate realities.. what's next? they are going to find a Stargate? this show is starting to make me dumber for watching it.

Goat ]

I think the kid is Aaron.. the son of the Aussie chick. who seems to be acting like the French chick did? Is Aaron the new Jacob? Is Ben the new Locke? is Locke the new Richard? Is Sawyer the new Ben? Is Richard the new.. etc.. etc.. who the hell knows? Answer some damn questions.. I don't need a cave (by the way who else just knew Sawyer was going to slip on the ladder? fricking obvious!!) with a bunch of numbers (lotto/hatch code) next to names (Ben's/Jacob's list) on the walls that doesn't tell us anything...

aliens, time travel, nukes, alternate realities.. what's next? they are going to find a Stargate? this show is starting to make me dumber for watching it.

Minion's Goat Notes:

IDK WTF is going on either.

IRISH BULL ]
Tool_Minion ]

In my defense I refuse to watch LOST unless Im really high....so there copper!!! :police:

LMFAO!!!

Yeah, but he's leaving out the info that he gets really high every Tuesday night... so he never misses a episode.

p.s.

Minion's Goat Notes:

IDK WTF is going on either

Best Minion's Goat note ever!

Yeah. That last one blew. Gee, what a surprise! Claire is alive...and now she's the new Danielle. How exciting! I can't wait for what comes next! ::)

I'm punching out. They are going to drag this out to the very end, and then try to wrap everything up in the last 10 minutes of the final episode. Even then, you can bet that they will leave it open-ended in case they want to do a spin off. No thanks, I'll find something better do with my lunch break. MLB10 The Show looks pretty nice.

thunder_fist ]

Yeah. That last one blew. Gee, what a surprise! Claire is alive...and now she's the new Danielle. How exciting! I can't wait for what comes next! ::)

I'm punching out. They are going to drag this out to the very end, and then try to wrap everything up in the last 10 minutes of the final episode. Even then, you can bet that they will leave it open-ended in case they want to do a spin off. No thanks, I'll find something better do with my lunch break. MLB10 The Show looks pretty nice.

I can't now though. Its like reading a 5,000 page mystery book and then not reading the last chapter. >:(

Any thoughts in regards to the last episide. Locke is beginning to sound a lot like the devil now. But as usual, we still don't know.....SHIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

But hey, at every God damn commercial or preview of next week they keep telling us the "Questions will be answered!" Really?! Answered?!! FRIGGIN' DOUCHE BAGS!!!!!!!!!

HairyNiples ]

before each new episode they replay the previous episode with explanations of certain scenes on the bottom. At least they do this where I am. Not sure if this is everywhere, but it should be. It still doesnt fully explain everything but it puts a little extra perspective out there.

Yea, I have been watching those on Hulu. And your right, if it wasn't for those, I would be totally...Lost. (pun inteneded)