vista guardian pop-ups? that is a virus man, and you will love gettin rid of that. it just keeps poppin things up, and it wont let you log onto the interenet most of the time. you can DL an anti virus on another pc and then transfer the file via flash drive and install it to get rid of the virus though. AVG wouldnt catch it on my pc, but MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE took care of it fast and completely.

xPUDDYTATx ]

vista guardian pop-ups? that is a virus man, and you will love gettin rid of that. it just keeps poppin things up, and it wont let you log onto the interenet most of the time. you can DL an anti virus on another pc and then transfer the file via flash drive and install it to get rid of the virus though. AVG wouldnt catch it on my pc, but MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE took care of it fast and completely.

haha i have malware ill have to run it then thanks mate

On the same subject, I have a Microsoft update trying to install on my PC and I keep getting an error that basically something went wrong with the install. Then I get the "Send Error Report" message.

I'm starting to think its a virus. I have Avast and Ad-Aware, but everytime I run a check, nothing is found and the PC comes back clean.

My PC runs fine when its been running, but starting it up takes a little while and I think its because of this update. Is there anyway to get rid of it? Its getting annoying.

I got jinxed by this thread: Daughter came down with Antivirus Soft virus last night.

What a pain in the ass.....I have had it before on a different PC (My wifes, and BOTH times it was a facebook related attack) and downloaded Malwarebytes and it took care of it....although you have to run it from safemode to even get it to run once infected.

You may have to remove it manually if adware is not detecting it. First though, try running malware in safe mode with no internet connection. That way only the core files will be running, allowing malware a better chance of detecting the vista guardian thing before it interferes with the scan.

If that still doesn't work, just do a search on google and get a list of the .dll and .exe files of it and also the registry entries. Then you can go through your C drive and delete those files manually to remove it.

Np! But if you do try the manual removal yourself, you have to be very very very careful that you don't remove and registry entries that are needed by your computer. A small mistake will cause you even more headaches, so proceed with extreme caution if you will attempt to remove it manually AND only use this method as a last resort ;D

Nikastylez ]

Np! But if you do try the manual removal yourself, you have to be very very very careful that you don't remove and registry entries that are needed by your computer. A small mistake will cause you even more headaches, so proceed with extreme caution if you will attempt to remove it manually AND only use this method as a last resort ;D

idk i might have my neighbor do it he owes me one for hookin him up with a chick anyways

just an update here...

so i had the security center virus. its the XP version of the vista guardian virus. as i said before, i ran malwarebytes and it was gone. then it came back a second time, and i got rid of it. 2 days ago, i got antivirus soft. it attached itself to EVERY exe. file in my computer. i couldnt even open solitaire. but for some reason, i could still use firefox to surf the web. any other file on my computer though led to an error prompt saying the exe. file was infected and the program could not run. this thing was nasty as hell. i opened the pc in safee mode, and i was able to run an avg scan, and a malware scan, but as soon as i went back to normal mode, within 30 seconds the virus was back.

wanna know what i learned? it had attached itself to my desktop photo. as soon as my desktop opened, the virus was re-released. i deleted the picture from my pc in safe mode, ran all my scans in safe mode, then i opened XP normally and ran all my scans again immediatly. the virus itself seems to be gone now.

one problem i have though...i can run firefox, and i can use xfire. they both work fine now. but IE will not conect to the internet. it says i have no connection. i also have rhapsody music player, and it too will not connect to the internet. it says it cannot detect a connection. i dont understand why some programs will work on the internet, while others cannot detect a connection now.

xPUDDYTATx ]

just an update here...

so i had the security center virus. its the XP version of the vista guardian virus. as i said before, i ran malwarebytes and it was gone. then it came back a second time, and i got rid of it. 2 days ago, i got antivirus soft. it attached itself to EVERY exe. file in my computer. i couldnt even open solitaire. but for some reason, i could still use firefox to surf the web. any other file on my computer though led to an error prompt saying the exe. file was infected and the program could not run. this thing was nasty as hell. i opened the pc in safee mode, and i was able to run an avg scan, and a malware scan, but as soon as i went back to normal mode, within 30 seconds the virus was back.

wanna know what i learned? it had attached itself to my desktop photo. as soon as my desktop opened, the virus was re-released. i deleted the picture from my pc in safe mode, ran all my scans in safe mode, then i opened XP normally and ran all my scans again immediatly. the virus itself seems to be gone now.

one problem i have though...i can run firefox, and i can use xfire. they both work fine now. but IE will not conect to the internet. it says i have no connection. i also have rhapsody music player, and it too will not connect to the internet. it says it cannot detect a connection. i dont understand why some programs will work on the internet, while others cannot detect a connection now.

Yeah, this bitch attacked my daughter's laptop just this week. Fortunately for me, she had only had it for about 1 month and had nothing of importance on it....so I factory reset it and reloaded the software I had previously installed.

Desktop picture.....never even thought of that!

As to your IE, it puts your IE in a proxy, so you might go and make sure that is unchecked under your options.