PS3s Suffering From Global Network Lockdown

IRISH BULL ]
Tool_Minion ]
IRISH BULL ]
Tool_Minion ]

MOST IMPORTANT PART:

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

Right?!! I just mentioned that on the PS forums. I mean, they are actually telling people NOT to use their system. I think there is more to this issue than they are telling us.

IMO, its a precautionary measure in the instance that they CAN'T repair the issue via an update. They are trying to minimize the damage to ensure less people are effected if they were to have to issue a recall.

I say screw em, use it if you can! If you end up busted, be sure they will take care of it!

Now I'm being sincere when I ask this, what is the difference between this and the YLOD? I mean, the YLOD is caused by a hardware problem that they installed, right? It isn't caused by anything that the user did wrong.

So with that being said, don't you forsee, if there is some sort of "recall", its coming out of the consumers pocket? Basically they would come out and say, if you have model's blah blah through blah blah, for $150, plus shipping cost, we will replace your system.

Cause I always thought it was complete bullshit that they charged one cent for the YLOD. IT WAS THEIR FAULT!!! Have you ever received a recall notice about some part on a car?? DO they charge you for the repairs??? No , they don't. You bring it in, and they fix their fuck up free of charge.

Sony should have to do the same damn thing. But they won't. I have no problem paying the shipping cost to get it there and back, but that's it. I have no problem with that at all. Expecting them to pay it, would be like expecting the dealership to pay for my gas there and back.

But its a big corporation, and they have you by the short hairs. And there ain't a God damn thing you can do about it. Hell, Slant 6 got away with (IMO) a crime with Confrontation.

Its gonna be VERY interesting to see how this whole thing pans out. Very interesting indeed.

With all the bashing that xbox takes, it shows how much better of a company they are. They fixed the RROD free of charge, since it was a HW failure.

Yesterday morning Sony did a major overhaul of their forums and Playstation site.

Yesterday afternoon the PSN which is now connected to those same forums has issues.

Today the PSN is still down for the most part and the forums are still REAL SLOW as well as not 100% functioning.

Well about 5 minutes ago the forums started to work, at least for now, like they should. No long waits, searches are actually working and all the data is starting to show. Spoke to soon, forums are acting up again.

Maybe it is coincidental but maybe the issues are related.

IRISH BULL ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

With all the bashing that xbox takes, it shows how much better of a company they are. They fixed the RROD free of charge, since it was a HW failure.

I thought they charged $100 as opposed to $150 like Sony.

Nope. Al I had to pay was shipping. Everyone I personally know only had to pay shipping. I don't know if they changed it recently, as mine was in the first wave of failures. Now, they told me if they determined it wasn't truly the rrod, I'd have to pay for repairs, but within 24hours of them recieving my unit, they emailed me and told me it was rrod and would be free of charge.

BigMoneyNacku ]
IRISH BULL ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Nope. Al I had to pay was shipping. Everyone I personally know only had to pay shipping. I don't know if they changed it recently, as mine was in the first wave of failures. Now, they told me if they determined it wasn't truly the rrod, I'd have to pay for repairs, but within 24hours of them receiving my unit, they emailed me and told me it was rrod and would be free of charge.

Well then Sony are a bunch of rat bastards. Because the RROD and YLOD are essentially the same system flaw, right?

BigMoneyNacku ]
IRISH BULL ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Nope. Al I had to pay was shipping. Everyone I personally know only had to pay shipping. I don't know if they changed it recently, as mine was in the first wave of failures. Now, they told me if they determined it wasn't truly the rrod, I'd have to pay for repairs, but within 24hours of them recieving my unit, they emailed me and told me it was rrod and would be free of charge.

if it isnt under warranty anymore than you would have to pay $150 for them to fix since this recently happened to a friend of mine. not sure what he did but he ended up getting them to do it for free.

Now back to the PSN issue this fucking sucks ass since the first thing i did last night when i got home was turned on my ps3 to download god of war 3 demo and i have to deal with this shit. At least i know i am now the only one that is having this problem.

They must have changed the policy? Mine was out of warranty and was fixed for free.

Irish, I think it is essentially the same flaw. Overheating causes the solder to come loose. It really pisses me off from Sony. All the damn money they charged initially and the use the cheapest parts they can? Douche Bags.

xXNAME_HEREXx ]

Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of Shit That Doesn't Fucking Work[/url]

LMFAO!!! Oh my god dude, this damn video just made me piss my pants! thats so funny lmao, oh im crying right now. I cant breathe!!!!

• 2 months later...

my ps3 was already dead when this network "lock down" happened.

I got the YLOD 4 months ago or so. I called sony and they said since its out of warranty that i have to pay 150. screw that, why would i pay half the price of a new one for an old one that could just as easily get ylod again. the older models had more air intake holes/vents. computers need airflow but i guess it costs too much money to mold holes into something these days. now the slims have little slots all around the underside of it. this is not as bad since the slims have smaller chip architecture and produce less heat. anyway when i get a slim (CECH-2101) . The new model slims CECH-2101 have smaller RSX (graphics) chips. So they will use less power and produce less heat. Im also going to keep it about 1 foot away from an a/c vent. That should keep it chilled.

I wish we had this law in the US.

http://we-fearless-ones.blogspot.com/2009/05/playstation-3-durability-courts-ruling.html