Graphics like COD or better

Smooth gameplay like COD

3rd Person

No respawn

Sniping actually works as it should

Decent size maps

Socom style lobby system

No open mics

the ability to boot kids, glitchers, and TK'ers (and iMR's xLastx....every game should have that pre-set)

On that note, the ability to slice the gay circles before and after backlash's name

Thats a good start for me :) I wouldn't mind bringing back vehicles a la socom 3, just make the damn

Have i ever told you how much i hate you. =) I'm happy that we're getting a full game again and not just online maps. I like being able to put in a game while my cables out and play it. Don't forget the trailer for the game is tonight 12:30est Spike Tv Game Trailers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you didn't "know" per say lol. Anyhow I too am looking forward to REAL Socom. We played Confrontation because it had the SOCOM name, but that wasn't SOCOM. That was Slant Six and Seth Luisi trying to transform Socom into the likes of MW and Killzone.

Now Zipper is back and returning to it's roots. I want the full SOCOM experience back. The single player was always fun, but I wasn't exactly a fan of the single player in S3 being attached to suits and weapons (STG and IW, along with suits). I don't want the lame run button. That's NOT Socom, that's MW2 and other games.

I just hope Zipper learned from S3/CA. They made a lot of empty promises of patches and map packs, leaving us in the dark for months at a time. They made 2 great games in S1 and S2, but dropped the ball a tad with 3 and CA was total bleh. They eventually came through with map packs and patches, but it was far too late when they did. I liked Socom 3, but not nearly as much as the first 2. I played them all religiously though. Confrontation didn't even compare to Socom 3, much less the 1st 2.

Side switch is NOT socom. No tiebreakers? You call that Socom? I'm so craving a real Socom. I haven't had that craving filled thoroughly ever since the last night of Socom 2. I remember playing Sandstorm that night and some guy that obtained the game early came in the room saying "Socom 3 isn't nearly as fun as this." Nobody believed him, but he sent everyone that doubted him a picture text. That was the last night of true nirvana for me. I will forever love and play Socom, but I'm just PRAYING this one finally lives up to the name.

P.S. I'm already itching to drop MW2 like a bag of bricks come fall.

New blog post on Socom.com: http://www.socom.com/en-us/Blog/Post?id=302

SOCOM 4: It's Official!

Posted by Jeremy Dunham

Hello everyone, my name is Jeremy Dunham and I’m the Senior Community Manager at Zipper Interactive. I wanted to drop in and introduce myself and deliver some truly exciting news -- on behalf of everyone here at the studio, I’m pleased to announce that SOCOM 4 is indeed in development and is slated for release exclusively on PlayStation 3 this Fall.

4407054436_09543071a7.jpg

Of course, as with any new announcement, what you really want to know are the details. Who’s in your squad? Where have they been deployed? What kind of threat are they up against? Though we’ll be revealing the answers to all these questions and plenty more throughout 2010, we don’t want to leave you completely in the dark, so what we will tell you is that a militant revolutionary has unexpectedly seized control in an important South Asian country. As the Ops Com, your mission is to command an elite five-man squad charged with stopping his aggressive agenda before it’s too late. In only six days, you must lead your team through a hostile jungle and urban environments against an army of well-armed rebel insurgents that completely outnumber you.

4407053878_0d35752b1a.jpg

If that setup doesn’t whet your appetite enough, you should also pleased to know that in addition to the SOCOM’s single-player operation, players will also be able to enjoy a 32-person multiplayer mode that boasts more Special Forces units than ever before!

If you crave even more information, then the guys at IGN have you covered with their exclusive first-look preview at what we’ve shown so far. Editor and shooting game fanatic, Ryan Geddes, dropped by our studio earlier in the week to check out SOCOM 4 for himself, so be sure to read the full IGN article to find out what he thinks.

But wait! There’s more! As part of our continued announcement celebration, the folks at Game Trailers TV will air the world premiere trailer for SOCOM 4 tonight at 12:30 a.m. All you have to do is tune in to Spike TV when the time is right and let your eyes and ears do the rest. Don’t miss it!

4407053330_c70bec4f4f.jpg

Oh, and before we let you go, we wanted to send a message to our SOCOM and MAG fans all over the world. First, if you play MAG and wonder what this means for the game’s future, wonder no more – we’re still fully committed to supporting MAG for a long, long time and the addition of another game in our lineup doesn’t change that. Second, it's been great to hear from SOCOM fanatics located in every corner of the globe as we led into today’s announcement. We’re extremely excited to be attached to this beloved franchise again and knowing that so many people wanted us to return to something that already meant so much to us has been both inspiring and touching -- so thank you to all of you who wanted it to happen! We look forward to living up to your expectations.

You can disuss our upcoming game on the new SOCOM 4 forums here.

http://forums.socom.com/socom/board?board.id=socom4

Tool_Minion ]

Wait...if a title is going to be released with the word 'SOCOM' in it's title, then aren't we safe to assume that Fall '10 ACTUALLY means fall '11?

Judging by how much of it I know to be done already I don't think a fall 2010 spring 2011 release is out of the realm of possibility. The CD universe date is a projected date and according to Jeremy Dunham they are on track to meet their dates. This is Zipper which is a huge company now not a hack PSP developer who is in way over their head and severely understaffed.

Crusty_Demons ]
Tool_Minion ]

Wait...if a title is going to be released with the word 'SOCOM' in it's title, then aren't we safe to assume that Fall '10 ACTUALLY means fall '11?

Judging by how much of it I know to be done already I don't think a fall 2010 spring 2011 release is out of the realm of possibility. The CD universe date is a projected date and according to Jeremy Dunham they are on track to meet their dates. This is Zipper which is a huge company now not a hack PSP developer who is in way over their head and severely understaffed.

Yeah!! Plus, I think MAG was the first time Zipepr had to push back a release date. Socom 1, 2, 3, CA all came out on schedule. TooL just doesn't know. He has NEVER played Socom. Just Confrontation.

I am stoked. I can't wait. My two favorite games have releases for this fall. The wife will be pissed, but she'll get over it. Halo, I agree 100% that they ignore the babies. I can't even go to ps forums anymore because all they do is cry. Looks like all the female Socomers will finally get their wishes of female character in multiplayer too. It's creamy goodness for EVERYONE!!!

BigMoneyNacku ]
Crusty_Demons ]
Tool_Minion ]

Yeah!! Plus, I think MAG was the first time Zipepr had to push back a release date. Socom 1, 2, 3, CA all came out on schedule. TooL just doesn't know. He has NEVER played Socom. Just Confrontation.

I am stoked. I can't wait. My two favorite games have releases for this fall. The wife will be pissed, but she'll get over it. Halo, I agree 100% that they ignore the babies. I can't even go to ps forums anymore because all they do is cry. Looks like all the female Socomers will finally get their wishes of female character in multiplayer too. It's creamy goodness for EVERYONE!!!

Time will tell. ;)

Im all for it. If a title comes out that makes Socom as fun as all of you expect, I am excited too. I just watched each of you suck /6's pecker on Confrontation and THAT GAME SUCKS! Bottom line, it wasn't/isn't good. It's like a bunch of heroine addicts were given crank and told it was H....yall took it, knew it wasn't, but kept taking it cause you already bought it.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
WlCKED_TRUTH ]

Lets not celebrate... the games not out yet... It could be great... or it could shit!!! Don't get your expectations up too high!!!

Really? You never really liked SOCOM did you?

Actually I do like socom, but.... I won't celebrate until I have it in hand... and played it.... an love it!! Socom is all I play.... I hate MW2, COD4, or any first person shooter. I haven't tried MAG yet so the verdict is still out on that. But since Confrontation is dead in the water and sinking slowly... XIL will make the transition over to the new socom when it releases!! I'm not going to build up hype when all we have are more promises pics and a trailer that doesnt' reveal much!!!

I feel truly bad for people who were not around to enjoy S1 and S2. I REALLY feel bad for people like Tool who had to sit through Confrontation as their first SOCOM. Yack. I wish I could still play S1 and S2. I have both discs, but only an 80 gig non backwards PS3. I actually stumbled upon an old CD folder of mine the other day loaded with great PS2 games, none greater than S1 and S2 though. Red Dead Revolver was one of the games in that folder.

-Rooster- ]

WAIT A SEC.....Did someone say that all socoms were out on time? If I remember correctly, ever socom has been pushed back a month or so. Am I confusing this with the no other games that I buy?

I pre-ordered every one since 1 and they were on time. DLC on the other hand was fuuuuucked, btu the games came out on the pre-order dates. My boss can vouch for that since I've taken a few days off work every time one drops.

BigMoneyNacku ]
-Rooster- ]

WAIT A SEC.....Did someone say that all socoms were out on time? If I remember correctly, ever socom has been pushed back a month or so. Am I confusing this with the no other games that I buy?

I pre-ordered every one since 1 and they were on time. DLC on the other hand was fuuuuucked, btu the games came out on the pre-order dates. My boss can vouch for that since I've taken a few days off work every time one drops.

I can vouch for that too. Once they set a confirmed release date they always met it. I'm a fellow SOCOM junkie that has preordered everyone. They laughed at me when I preordered Confrontation. :-X

BigMoneyNacku ]
-Rooster- ]

Very true.!!

I got ALL of them on release date, except S1. I didn't like the demo.. so i didn't get it until a friend talked me into it with that new fangled online multiplayer stuff. lol