IRISH BULL ]

I liked Over Grown and Crash, but I don't how I feel about a company that made over $3 billion on this game just rehashing old maps.

Slant 6 had an excuse, they're morons.

Those are 2 of the best COD maps ever made and highly revered tourney maps. I for one would love all the old maps. IW did a great job putting out the game with a lot of playable maps as it is and its just icing on the cake with anything additional. The COD4 map pack was a joke, it Chinatown was the only playable map.

Playable game + Playable Maps = Playability

I see IW keeping their cash cow in the milking barn for quite some time.

Swine__ ]
IRISH BULL ]

I liked Over Grown and Crash, but I don't how I feel about a company that made over $3 billion on this game just rehashing old maps.

Those are 2 of the best COD maps ever made and highly revered tourney maps. I for one would love all the old maps. IW did a great job putting out the game with a lot of playable maps as it is and its just icing on the cake with anything additional. The COD4 map pack was a joke, it Chinatown was the only playable map.

I really have to agree w/this, there's a lot of those old maps i'd LOVE to be able to play on here. Crash being the first one that comes to mind, i LOVED that map, it made for some seriously intense tourney games. Overgrown wasn't my favorite to play, in fact i didn't like it, but during tourney play it was the shit. You guys going to tell me you don't miss some wetworks demo, or some crossfire tdm? the maps then, are still relevant today...Swine said it best, playability.

Tool_Minion ]
SILENT_JRITE ]
Tool_Minion ]

Dude, I saw more than just a couple recycled shit maps (ala /6) in that rotation! DOOOD I want it!

i only saw overgrown and crash..

they were:

Crash

Overgrown

Complex

Compact

Storm

Yeah, 2 old and 3 new. Those new ones look HOT. I personally can't wait to play some Overgrown. I loved that map on any game mode, but HQ and S&D were AWESOME on it.

I have to agree, I'm excited for some of the older maps. Crash was one of the best maps ever... you had 4 buildings you can shot from and all 4 focused on the main action around the chopper. Domination tournament games where you had to capture B were very intense. Overgrown was an awesome S&D map!

This DLC might not see the light of day for a long time due to the recent lawsuit.

The PS3 may not see the Modern Warfare DLC. Hats off to the chaps at Lost Gamer who spotted something in the lawsuit that is being filed against Activision by Jason West and Vince Zampella. It states:

“For a preliminary or permanent injunction against’s Defendant enjoining it and its officers, agents, employees and representatives from violating Plaintiff’s rights with respect to the development, release and exploitation of any Modern Warfare game.â€

‘Exploiting’ Modern Warfare would include making money from it, so whilst this legal battle rolls on Activision cannot release any DLC – or for that matter, press any more copies of the game.

But, wait – there’s more. The final sentence reads:

“..exploitation of any Modern Warfare game or Call of Duty title set in the post-Vietnam era, near future or distant future.“

Modern Warfare in the distant future? Does this refer to the rumoured sci-fi version of Modern Warfare that Infinity Ward were working on? We know the next COD is going to be Vietnam, the ‘near future’ obviously refers to Modern Warfare 2 but we’ve never had confirmation of a ‘future’ Modern Warfare game – until now.

I just read the actual legal documents over on IGN, all 16 pages, and it does not look good. As far as DLC is concerned. There will be be two map packs released this year. But until this is all sorted out, its basically on hold. Because West and Zampella have legal rights to any money made on the Modern Warfare franchise, including DLC.

IRISH BULL ]

This DLC might not see the light of day for a long time due to the recent lawsuit.

The PS3 may not see the Modern Warfare DLC. Hats off to the chaps at Lost Gamer who spotted something in the lawsuit that is being filed against Activision by Jason West and Vince Zampella. It states:

“For a preliminary or permanent injunction against’s Defendant enjoining it and its officers, agents, employees and representatives from violating Plaintiff’s rights with respect to the development, release and exploitation of any Modern Warfare game.â€

‘Exploiting’ Modern Warfare would include making money from it, so whilst this legal battle rolls on Activision cannot release any DLC – or for that matter, press any more copies of the game.

But, wait – there’s more. The final sentence reads:

“..exploitation of any Modern Warfare game or Call of Duty title set in the post-Vietnam era, near future or distant future.“

Modern Warfare in the distant future? Does this refer to the rumoured sci-fi version of Modern Warfare that Infinity Ward were working on? We know the next COD is going to be Vietnam, the ‘near future’ obviously refers to Modern Warfare 2 but we’ve never had confirmation of a ‘future’ Modern Warfare game – until now.

I just read the actual legal documents over on IGN, all 16 pages, and it does not look good. As far as DLC is concerned. There will be be two map packs released this year. But until this is all sorted out, its basically on hold. Because West and Zampella have legal rights to any money made on the Modern Warfare franchise, including DLC.

Well isn't that just lovely...Fall really cannot come soon enough!

SILENT_JRITE ]
Swine__ ]
IRISH BULL ]

I really have to agree w/this, there's a lot of those old maps i'd LOVE to be able to play on here. Crash being the first one that comes to mind, i LOVED that map, it made for some seriously intense tourney games. Overgrown wasn't my favorite to play, in fact i didn't like it, but during tourney play it was the shit. You guys going to tell me you don't miss some wetworks demo, or some crossfire tdm? the maps then, are still relevant today...Swine said it best, playability.

Sabatoge was AWESOME on this map (in private we played it hardcore no respawn)

I dont care if they add new maps or old maps as long as they are good maps. ;D

Complex looks like that old one before it got blown up. lol

Prane ]

Man that blows!!!! Pay those dudes so I can get my spec ops missions!! I love spec ops...almost as much as Lash loves Zima. :-*

Lol you ass. Have you beat all the missions on 3 stars? I have them all done, but the juggernaut ones. I stopped playing the Spec Ops back in November, because those 3 missions were ridiculous.

BacklasH ]
Prane ]

Man that blows!!!! Pay those dudes so I can get my spec ops missions!! I love spec ops...almost as much as Lash loves Zima. :-*

Lol you ass. Have you beat all the missions on 3 stars? I have them all done, but the juggernaut ones. I stopped playing the Spec Ops back in November, because those 3 missions were ridiculous.

I beat all of them but with two people. The juggernaut mission in south america was the worst

Tool_Minion ]

Remember shotgun only Domination on Crash? That was a fun tourney....lol.

Can't remember if that was Riot Act or Crucible, but yes, I do remember shotguns only domination in crash. Taking B was a biiiiiiitch. That's gotta be the best scenario game I've ever experienced here in all the tournaments I've been in. My clan at that time even continued playing out that same scenario game in private clan matches for a very long time afterwards.

BacklasH ]
Prane ]

I beat em all on Veteran(3 stars) Lash. If you ever want to finish them off I can help you.

Prane ]
BacklasH ]
Prane ]

I beat em all on Veteran(3 stars) Lash. If you ever want to finish them off I can help you.

Definitely! Let me know when you want to do it. They are the only thing standing in the way of a platinum trophy lol.

This is interesting.

Sneak Attack! - Pach-Attack!

Basically if West and Zampella broke the employment contract by shopping with EA (latest rumor) the DLC can still be released. Because if they're not employed by Activision, they don't have any rights to future content.