Game Idea

There used to be a game called Baron Realms Elite for the old Bulletin boards (Google it).

There should be some kind of game to get into that links clans that want to participate. It should be forum based and turn based. Like BRE and I a surprised that game is not available for this.

In BRE you had a base or land where you ruled. Sort of like Civilization. You had military with tanks, jet fighters, bombers, and different kinds of missiles. Nukes and scuds etc. If you used the Nuke though it took something away from you. I forget but you only wanted to use it at last resort. Oh I remember once you launched it, it would take a few days for it to hit. It was very devastating when it did hit. And it would effect not only you but other players on your board. But because it took so long if you had nukes in your inventory (and they were very expensive) you had time to counter. And if you had allies they could then launch there's. So you see it could have got very messy.

But this game was not like a video game it was only forum based where all you really saw was information. You knew when you attacked someone how many people died etc.

You had your own little realm but then other people on you Board had there own realm. And that was you all's world. Then there was other worlds (Other Bulletin Boards) that had there group of players. Some were very large and you didn't want to mess with them. Some were very small but you didn't always want to pick on the small ones either because they were started by a larger one. It was a very very detail game. And the game went on for years and never really ended.

Each day you would log to see what was happening and where.

But anyways probably post too much about that game. But I tell you it was very addicting.

Too bad there was not some game out there like that. If not someone here needs to make it.

SOTG_Marauder_ ]

There used to be a game called Baron Realms Elite for the old Bulletin boards (Google it).

There should be some kind of game to get into that links clans that want to participate. It should be forum based and turn based. Like BRE and I a surprised that game is not available for this.

In BRE you had a base or land where you ruled. Sort of like Civilization. You had military with tanks, jet fighters, bombers, and different kinds of missiles. Nukes and scuds etc. If you used the Nuke though it took something away from you. I forget but you only wanted to use it at last resort. Oh I remember once you launched it, it would take a few days for it to hit. It was very devastating when it did hit. And it would effect not only you but other players on your board. But because it took so long if you had nukes in your inventory (and they were very expensive) you had time to counter. And if you had allies they could then launch there's. So you see it could have got very messy.

But this game was not like a video game it was only forum based where all you really saw was information. You knew when you attacked someone how many people died etc.

You had your own little realm but then other people on you Board had there own realm. And that was you all's world. Then there was other worlds (Other Bulletin Boards) that had there group of players. Some were very large and you didn't want to mess with them. Some were very small but you didn't always want to pick on the small ones either because they were started by a larger one. It was a very very detail game. And the game went on for years and never really ended.

Each day you would log to see what was happening and where.

But anyways probably post too much about that game. But I tell you it was very addicting.

Too bad there was not some game out there like that. If not someone here needs to make it.

Wholly Crap! I thought I was the only "old" BBS-er around here. I use to run my own BBS back in the day (before internet) started out the a good ol' 1200bps modem LOLOLOL and man lemme tell ya when I got my hands on my Zyxle 16.8 (it was as big as a laptop is now.. well almost) I just thought I was the shiiiiaat.

I had BRE and SRE on that BBS and a game called LOD (land of devastation) that actually graphics. We averaged 300 callers per month back then. We had some good battles with other BBS's too!

I would be down for this.

For all of the young guys here this is how it used to be.

The first real online shooter I can think of was Doom. Not a lot of players. umm 1 on 1 deathmatch or you could take on the monsters together.

You had to dial them up with you modem. Windows was so so usually you had to use DOS commands. You dialed your buddy and hoped it connected.

Then you'd be playing fine until your Mom decided to pick up the phone and call someone. Then your game would end all of a sudden.

And all that was top grade stuff with all so awesome graphics. I look back at some of those games i was into and I'm like what the hell was I thinking.