Socom 4 Forums

For those of you that have not seen this you may want to take a look at it.

I know UF is primarily a Socom based site. This thread was started by someone that apparently represents GB and IMHO everyone at GB thinks they are the end all of who knows what Socom should be.

Now I don't have an issue with some of the ideas but some things just need to be dropped. I think UF should post ideas or disagreements to show that GB is not the only one out there.

http://forums.socom.com/t5/SOCOM-4/SOCOM-4-A-Competitive-Player-s-View-True-Navy-Seal-Vibe/td-p/614202

• Directors

Instead of posting overthere guys, please just do it right here... We will present to SCEA and Zipper once you guys have gathered your thoughts here.

• Directors

Lets try this again Path... as I said before, this is a great opportunity for UF members to bring information to Zipper and SCEA's table...

i like almost everything they posted there.. but some things i do like in confrontation are:

the armors and the encumbrance.. but it needs to be tweaked to actually work.

character customization.. i know this is just style and not gamplay but who doesnt like to personalize the way his character looks? or does everyone wants to look the same?

and one thing i would really love to see!!!!

zoom in when behind objects... fuck wall camping!!!! when you get near cover your camera goes to First person that's it, so you're unable to move the camera and see what the hell is behind the wall you're at.<<< do you guys have any idea how much camping is done in this games just cause of being able to see the through shit? and NO, there's no skill required in waiting behind a wall in a hallway for someone to come pass through,(running so it takes like 2 seconds for him to be able to shoot,), and when he's near enough you just pop out and shoot.. i know socom has always being like that.. but i think it's fucked up!.. if you want to see WTF is out there.. stick your head out fucker and look! either that or make every building of glass so that way we even the playing field.

that is not bash against camping.. i dont have an issue with that.. it happens, its a strategy, it,s the camping behind a wall that sucks! and even more.. people bitch when they somehow get shot trough it! which reminds me.. we should be able to shoot through walls then<which the already kinda talked about.. something about destructible cover.. so we'll see!

that's all i can think of!

This game is so far along that I just don't see any major changes happening at this point. I'll throw my things out because... Why the hell not.. lol

No Sprint.. EVER and I mean EVER

UCRR's

11 rounds with a tie breaker no side switching

Classic 3rd person camera

FPV when zooming in

old style leaning and lean throwing grenades

Jump to climb

No reload interrupt.. ever

Co op for the single player campaign

I could go on but those are the major ones for me.

Wrath ]

Yes we want this and that.....we don't know what the game and play is like yet but we want you to know before the fall of this year this is what we want.

love your new sig and the ace combat 5 quote or was it 4? whichever it was i love it

o and on topic all i want is a working socom that isnt set to please to the bitchings of the little kids and whiners

Gameplay.....

In the Socom 4 site they want the dolphin dive back... NO!

I don't want the jump snipe crap again!

I want head shots to be HEAD SHOTS! Whether they are from front or behind. Hit detection must be MUCH better than in the past!

The VIPs(Hostages) MUST be smarter than /6!!

I almost want it that the team holding the hostages cannot wound the hostages. It is realistic but I think it is a little cheap too.

I don't know if I want PMN mines back. I like the idea of giving both sides claymores. Either way with the claymores, set off by user or set it and forget it.

I don't want prox mic. Or if they do make sure it WORKS! not like /6.

No magic bullets! spray and pray should be JUST THAT, NO ACCURACY!

I want realism to a point. I also want a TACTICAL shooter. Not a button masher!

No running around with a .50 cal like it is an assault rifle! I would like one person to show me a REAL video of someone running, jumping and firing a Barrett like that.

I wouldn't mind weather playing a part on maps. Say high winds so your bullet will curve. Just a thought.

CANNOT be cartoony!! I understand it is a video game but Socom started with REALISM IMHO.

Non Game play.....

I want a TRUE connection indicator. BETTER than CODs and previous socom.

I want a host indicator. They have done it in the past I don't see why they cannot now.

No visual indicators so dead players can tell live players someone is behind them. Vote

In game text chat is ONLY in the lobby!

If you have classes allow them to be changed in the room. Don't make it so you have to back out to change outfits so to speak.

Clan support must be user friendly and organized.

Lucky I just get a headache from all that just let the bastards finish the game....I don't want them to do anything anyone says on that forum. There's only one thing I want back that I miss from Socom and thats the humping/push-up action lol...come on I am not the only one that misses that, its better then t-bagging such a stupid way to celebrate over a clanmates body lol...

Also yes thanks its a quote from AC5:the unsung war, the image is from macros that is a skull squadron plain.

This may not happen for socom 4... But why not make a "socom PRO" edition with the following items-

*Every map ever made from zipper on the ps2

*Increased frame rates to be on par with the likes of COD

*Same 3rd person view and controls as in all zipper socoms.

*Increase hit detection

*Increase graphics, shading and shadows.

*lag free lobby, game play and menu

Basicaly just give me all the old maps with next gen performance along with lag free menu options and increased clan support- I would even pay to play for better servers (or better yet make "pay to play" servers an option for those "hardcore clans" to play in if they want to.

Instead of repeating Shane I'm going to say I agree 100% with everything he wrote (all excellent points Shane) and then add the following:

- I'd like for PMN Mines to be brought back

- I'd like for claymores to be "set it and forget it"

- I'd like more balanced weapons (ie the bar graphs you see when setting up a weapon need to be realistic)

- I'd like the ability to vote a single person when dead removed (voting to let someone know to turn around is cheating you're dead and you cant speak)

- I'd like vehicles to be brought back

- I'd like M2 Mines to be brought back

- I'd like 3rd person night vision

- I'd like to see, on a night map, further with night vision than without

- I'd like the different sized and scenarios based rooms to remain

- I'd like the ability to vote out and report glitchers immediately

- I'd like to shoot better and die less while my enemy dies from me seeing them (this ones custom just for me)

One of the things I have been thinking about lately, I posted it in the Socom sucks thread, is why Socom got old with 3, CA and Conf. With the large maps and longer round times people had to wait. I am not online to wait, I am online to play. I don't want respawn so they need to come up with something to eliminate the wait time.

Whether the maps are smaller and more intimate or they come up with a semi respawn ( I really don't know) that is what will make a difference.

SHANE23 ]

One of the things I have been thinking about lately, I posted it in the Socom sucks thread, is why Socom got old with 3, CA and Conf. With the large maps and longer round times people had to wait. I am not online to wait, I am online to play. I don't want respawn so they need to come up with something to eliminate the wait time.

Whether the maps are smaller and more intimate or they come up with a semi respawn ( I really don't know) that is what will make a difference.

Take your A.D.D. meds, or stay alive longer. ;)

I think thats the point.. dont run out & die like you are in a respawn room.

C'mon Dan, 3rd person Night Vision is so not cool, but i do like your last suggestion. 8)

Some guys in iMr think that S4 will be re-spawn. Simply to get all those casual gamers out there to play the game.

They make a good point in that when you come onto a Socom game and you run out and die then have to wait 5 min whats fun about that ? Why would people want to play that way ?

Now where not talking COD type re-spawn of over and over but more of MaG and having wave re-spawn or maybe battlefield and have a set number of re-spawn per team.

My guess is the main online game style will be re-spawned based. But I also think they will have the normal "one death" and wait medley rooms for the old socom vets who like the more tactical side of the game.

This way Socom will open up to the COD/re-spawned type players out there but still have the rooms for socom vets to play in, a little something for everyone.

Chili-Palmer ]

C'mon Dan, 3rd person Night Vision is so not cool, but i do like your last suggestion. 8)

I ought to Gibb Smack you for cracking on 3rd person night vision. You know us old guys need all the help we can get.

By the way, I ran into Alstott about a month ago at ESPN the Weekend sporting a Grizzly Adams beard. Still looks like he can bring the train.

I agree with a ton of the above. Here is my list:

-Get rid of the sprint. Period. Confrontation turned into a battle of who could be the lightest to sprint to a spot faster.

-Bring back the real 1st person view (only see the crosshairs), not that ots crap Confrontation had when you zoomed in.

-Bring back PMN mines. They were awesome and played a huge role in defense of an area, without extensive personnel deployment in said area.

-UCCR's (like Crusty said, stands for User Created Custom Ranked Rooms). Every Socom aside from Confrontation had them. It somewhat takes the fun out of it having to play "unranked" to make a custom room. Moreover it sucks if there are going to be achievements based upon ranked stats if you have to join a default room to play ranked games(Ala gun unlocks, suits/skins, trophies, etc.). No game has ever been able to stop rank-ups from doing just that. It's unfortunate that it happens, but Slant Six's stand point punished legitimate gamers and rank-ups still existed. The cheaters will always find a way to exploit a game, do not punish real and honorable gamers for the actions of cheaters.

-Weapon selects. Bring back the weapon select menu of old. Confrontations "retardo-wheel" was terrible and worked very infrequently. There was nothing wrong with the weapon select of old.

-Reloads. They should NEVER stop because of a pebble. Enough said.

-M203's...This is one of the FEW things Slant Six got right...Ban them from ranked rooms.

-Outside communication. If there is a way to police this they need to do it. The vote feature is tough to take out in any capacity. I see your point in saying take it out for the dead Shane, but what if your team (when dead) notices a guy is cheating. You would then have to vote him at the start of the following round and would run the risk of a teamkill fiasco. If there is a way to take out the ability to receive PSN messages while alive, it needs to be done, though that may be a pipedream.

-Sniping. Go play Socom 2, then play Socom 3/CA/Confrontation. Need I say more?

-Jump sniping. Learn from what happened in S3/CA and have it fixed from the word go.

-Not sure how I feel about knifing. I liked it in Confrontation, simply because it actually required some amount of skill and a close proximity to use. If knifing becomes like MW2 it will ruin the game though.

-Jump climb. Needs to return. The lack of this feature ruined Confrontations version of DG.

-Lean and subsequent grenade throw. Back to how it was. Shouldn't be an issue, since it never was for Zipper...only an issue for Slant Six

-11 round games. No side switching.

-For Breach points--Allow HE grenades (if they bring them back) and Rockets to blow up breaches. Maybe allow you to customize your locked C4 slot with one of the 3 options (C4, HE, Rocket).

-Bomb dropping. When the bomb is dropped, it should stay there until picked up! No BS resetting.

-Bring back the fun factor!

That's all I have for now. Oh and please don't let that be true Last. Socom is not respawn, never has been, never should be. Respawn was practice/warmup, nothing more.

BacklasH ]

-Weapon selects. Bring back the weapon select menu of old. Confrontations "retardo-wheel" was terrible and worked very infrequently. There was nothing wrong with the weapon select of old.

Nice post, Lash. That is the only thing I disagree about. Since they fixed it, I personally think it's better than all previous incarnations. I like being able to switch to Grenades easily without haing them set as my quick swap when I'm sniping.

I agree with most of BackCamp's too except:

]-Bomb dropping. When the bomb is dropped, it should stay there until picked up! No BS resetting.

While it is annoying at times I can understand why they did this. It is to stop people from getting the bomb, going somewhere where it is very hard to get and camping or leaving the bomb in a location where people can just sit there and take a draw when down in numbers or use it as bait. Yes I understand it is a strategy but it defeats the prupose of demolition. You shouldn't be rewarded for taking the bomb and hiding.

Maybe if they extend the timer for when it respawns or something. I don't know.