Urgent Frequency Spoof Ad Apparel

• Directors

We are proud to present the first in the Urgent Frequency Spoof Ad Apparel brought to you by Commander Claymore Fury.

As we have said many times, the Urgent Fury Marketplace is our means to support the Podcasts that Commander Fury works so hard on. Recently our Commander was crippled by the YLOD on his PS3. He attempted to heal it with emergency surgery and it came to no avail... so Portions of our Marketplace sales are going to go to the Commander Claymore Fury PS3 Fund...

101 Screaming Eagles, you are first up to bat:

101_damnations_gentlemens_club_tshirt-p235358145959192541azgw0_500.jpg

• Directors

Ohh I forgot, I have an Easter Special for you guys...

15% off Shirts until April 7th, use code SHIRTSSAVING

* 15% of the shirt net sale price will be deducted when one or more shirts are purchased and the coupon code SHIRTSSAVING is applied at checkout. The net sale price is the price of the product (excluding shipping and taxes). Offer is valid from March 29, 2010 through April 7, 2010 at 11:59pm PT. This offer does not apply to past purchases and may not be combined with any other Zazzle promotional or volume discount offers. If a volume discount applies to your order, you will receive either the discount set forth in this offer or the standard volume discount, whichever is greater. Offer valid on Zazzle.com only.

• 3 months later...

simply fucking awesome...

now you are going to sell shit and make money off of something that was NEVER your idea in the first place, and that you have not once pursued since you became owners? where are the NEW spoof ads? why not do something original for some of the newer clans here.

yes, i am being an asshole about this, and im the first to admit it, but somewhere on this forum are many clans asking when they wil see the resurgance of spoof ads. now it is clear that they HAVE re-emerged for you all to make a few fucking dollars off of, without any new, original content.

• Directors

Maybe if you took a little time to research you might find that we have the New IMR shirt as well as a couple of others...

But you know feel free to speak your mind

• Directors

Well I was going to just leave this alone and you know what I guess I am going to get a little off my Chest...

First of All, you are right we did not create the spoof ads, and on top of that we did not create the shirts...

Commander Fury did. His Idea, and a great one... and guess what... as we have always said proceeds from Zazzle have first and foremost gone to the production of Urgent Frequency.

So if you feel that Commander Fury does not deserve to create content for Urgent Frequency and a line of products in the store... well, I just cannot even imagine why.

So for those that have enjoyed the shirts that the Commander has created like my self... Kudos to you.

And for those that think we are here to milk you for every time you got, well don't get any gear... this community is much more than what you think is a payday.

If it was about the pay I would not be working 100+ hours a week as a project manager... I would be kicking back all day play'n some PS3 and traveling.

I think that about covers that... Have a great weekend

xPUDDYTATx ]

simply fucking awesome...

now you are going to sell shit and make money off of something that was NEVER your idea in the first place, and that you have not once pursued since you became owners? where are the NEW spoof ads? why not do something original for some of the newer clans here.

yes, i am being an asshole about this, and im the first to admit it, but somewhere on this forum are many clans asking when they wil see the resurgance of spoof ads. now it is clear that they HAVE re-emerged for you all to make a few fucking dollars off of, without any new, original content.

I agree 100%

Ok...so I JUST saw this thread....

(I hadn't frequented the Announcements section before...but perhaps I should more often)

...and I have to say, as SOON as I saw that T-shirt, I just about flipped the fuck out sitting here.

What.....the.....fuck........

This ain't my clan, but I'm BUYING one of these fucking things! That thing looks awesome and I think it's hilarious, and a great idea, that some of those old spoof ads get splattered on some T-shirts!

(I guess you can chalk it up to some old fond memories of mine... ;) )

I'm looking at this shirt and saying..."no one is going to think too much of it as a gaming shirt, if at all." And honestly...the sentiment of the shirt, as well as the tagline, just rocks. I know it'll get some chuckles out of some real life friends of mine.

Buying it and wearing it as I spike down on some fools on the vball court later this fall (cuz it's too damn hot to be sporting a shirt on the beach sand this summer here in Chicago).

I would LOVE to see more of those old spoof ads make it onto some apparel.

This really is cool.

Representin' the Furious Commander.

Representin' some good guys like 101.

Representin' some fond memories of late nights concocting this crazy nonsense! Haha

Good show, UF.

- TOW

Shane ]

Maybe if you took a little time to research you might find that we have the New IMR shirt as well as a couple of others...

But you know feel free to speak your mind

WITH 'ALL DUE RESPECT', I would not even have posted anything except that IMR just made it into the [uF] Community fold. There have been a number of clans (including SCK) who have been around for a long time. I just think that the spoof ads to apparel idea, are a persons own genius of putting them to apparel and is a great idea.

My opinion, is that there should've been a re-circulation of spoof ad creations using newer clans, and 'then' announcing that these ads would be put to apparel. Hell, I wouldn't have even minded donating to something unique as that! But this is a slap in the face to clans that don't even have spoof ads yet. It's like you're just going to take what's there and run with that...to hell with those who never had an opportunity to request to even have spoof ads created for their clan. And 'then', you expect other clans to buy something of which they may never see created for their own clans?

I love the clans who managed to get spoof ads, but aren't many of those spoof ads outdated because some of those clans disbanded and etc? It's like you really are just milking a low-level well. Why don't you just get the spoof ads restarted and get some newer clans (newer, but OLDER than IMR, with respect to IMR as well), who deserve recognition for the years they've been apart of this community?

"With all due respect" and "...this is a slap in the face to clans that don't even have spoof ads yet" seems to be very contradictory to me as I read it.

Not that a lot of what I read from some individuals on forums isn't nowadays.

I feel a certain level of freedom to speak about this as I was one half of the creative effort in all of those "vintage" spoof ads. Though UF is now moving down new roads with new drivers, there are things, like vintage spoof ads, that still have my stank awn 'em.

I also feel a certain level of hindrance here, as this arena is no longer overseen by me...and a process here is being questioned.

But read on until I overstep my bounds, please.

I have a good ability to think around different ranges of perception from various people, from the intelligent to the stupid, from the eclectic to the mundane. It's what allows me to perform in my profession at the top of my game.

I am, however, having some trouble finding the "slap in the face" here by UF offering some merchandise for a "vintage" spoof ad, yes, but on a very relevant, current, and respectable clan like 101.

What does this mean..."a slap in the face to clans that don't even have a spoof ad yet?"

Back in the day when I wrote those...I didn't write them because clans "deserved" anything. I wrote them for fun. I wrote them because a concept and a name fit. I wrote them because I felt like it.

No one asked for them. No one had the idea save for the Urgent Frequency team.

And during my entire time of writing a dozen or two of those spoof ads on just as many clans...not ONE clan ever posted or PMed me asking me to represent their clan in an ad, much less posted saying they "deserved" one.

And then..."And 'then', you expect other clans to buy something of which they may never see created for their own clans?"

This isn't about CLANS. The spoofs were NEVER about clans.

They were about the ideas...the concepts...the HUMOR.

101 Damnations had NOTHING to do with the 101st Screaming Eagles. There's nothing about them as a clan that screamed "strip club." It was a clan name, paired with an off-the-wall concept, and voila...spoof ad.

But if you can't look past that through the tirade here...then simply don't do what UF "expects" of you and just forgo purchasing one.

In my humble and sometimes uncalled-for opinion...the only parties here who "deserve recognition" are the parties that put in the effort out of their daily lives to provide entertainment to the masses here who (more often than not) gratefully accept their efforts and (sometimes) bitch and moan about the efforts...and in a very unsavory way of doing it, might I add.

There has never...ever been a clan here throughout the entire existence of this tournament who "deserved" something.

Clans come here because they want to, not because they were asked.

Clans stay here because they want to, not because UF begs it.

Clans can play elsewhere if they want to, UF doesn't force you to be exclusive.

So if UF provides so much effort, and doesn't require any effort from the clans who play here, then I really don't see one small instance where any clan here deserves ANYTHING...the very least being recognition.

Respect is a lot like recognition...it shouldn't be asked for, it's usually deserved and given.

Where respect and recognition differ, however, is that respect is usually a good thing to receive, whereas recognition can be a good OR bad thing, depending.

The recognition you're asking for is good.

The recognition you may receive, because of what you asked for and the way you are asking for it, may be the opposite.

If -I- were still writing spoof ads today, however, I think I could safely say that you would receive the very next UF Spoof Ad, if that's any consolation. If you're well-versed in those "oldies but goodies," most were written in good spirits to great groups of players...and some were just written to send a message and piss people off in the process.

I say make T-shirts out of all of 'em!

And my last parting shot...no disrespect to [sCK] at all, as the lot of you are a talented group. But saying that "there have been a number of clans (including SCK) who have been around for a long time" is a little funny, considering the relative time you've been here, when read by clans that were here since the very first tourney and are still here running strong.

Those are the clans that have been here for a "very long time."

Though I wouldn't classify your stay here in UF as being in its infancy...I would say you're more in the "adolescent" stage. Give it a few more years before you're seasoned, older, walking around with your cane and your pipe and demanding everything under the sun to be catered to you like the rest of the helpless elderly.

• Directors

Welp....I might as well get in on this.

First of all....Tow, that's why you'll always be my ever lovin' man sir.

Second, this whole Spoof Ad thing has spiraled out of control within this thread.

As my esteemed colleague pointed out above...most of these Spoof Ads were crafted as a clever

way to shine a light on the greatness, or not-so-greatness of a particular clan. No clan (to the best of my knowledge) ever said, "Hey, make a Spoof Ad for our clan!".

In fact, any clan that we spoofed (with a few exceptions), earned the right to be spoofed. There were a few that just happened to fit into some hilarious, drug induced concept, that Tow came up with while sitting on the shitter. But, for the most part, if you were being spoofed, it was because you had said or done something to warrant it.

As to why I haven't done many Spoof Ads since then. It's simple.

A.) Out of respect for my partner in crime, it just didn't seem right to "leave it in the act" so to speak.

and

B.) I just don't have the time. It's hard enough for me to write, and produce a complete podcast, much less having to write, and produce new Spoof Ads as well. It's alot harder to do this stuff than most of you realize.

Plus, it seems like fewer clans screw up around here.

Tow was in charge of the spoof dept. I would take his script, and do what I do. But, I would always have a complete concept in front of me before I even opened the mic.

As for making money off of our "vintage" ideas. Are you kidding me? Why not? The shirts aren't free. And if you want to own one, you have to spend a few bucks. I really wish we could just hand them out for free, but that's the name of the game. Besides, I don't think we're in any danger of getting rich off them, but again, even if we did...why not?

Honestly, I'm kind of shocked at some of the things I've read in this thread.

While we created them, the Spoof Ads do not belong to me, or to Tow.

They belong to the community. And that's as it should be.

~V~

This is ALL understood. But 'where does Shane mention the fact that they are, Vintage? That is a key word, in the fact that he's offering something for sale to members of this community who may never have had a creative implementation of an item. If I had saw the word, Vintage...then I would have said nothing. My slap in the face, is that we are being asked to purchase something which clans in this community for the most part (excluding those who received spoof ads), will never feel associated with. This is based soley on the fact that these apparel in question were designed with the idea to appeal to only a small group of this community. Sure, I can look at it as Vintage from the good ole days. But that is not what I looked as being sold here. I see a 'Vintage offer' to newer clans, for the hard work that Commander Fury is contributing.

My only suggestion was for many of us to feel more apart of something that is of the New [uF], then why not incorporate the newness with the inclusion of those who represent [uF] 'as a whole'?

To me, it's simple. Add the word Vintage to the product...and it's understood in better clarity. 'Slap in the face' was too harsh of a term, but I think that it would be nice to have some things to offer to those who make this community and not to just some Vintage of the old and somewhat non-existant clans which this Vintage idea puts light on.

CritiKiL_v5 ]

but I think that it would be nice to have some things to offer to those who make this community and not to just some Vintage of the old and somewhat non-existant clans which this Vintage idea puts light on.

101 the clan, both current and their history here at UF, is certainly not "non-existent."

"Vintage" should not be the word that you use to describe 101, OGC, APC/RVN or any of the other clans that played UF in its beginnings as well as continue to play here today. The words you're looking for are "testament" and "legacy." Get off the shiny and new mentality and give due credit to those clans, and the things that happened with them, who populated this tourney long enough SO you and any "newer" clans could be here and participate...and demand recognition.

As for something to offer the community here, why don't you try one of UF's delicious tournaments of honor that they offer solely to clans of dignity...? Oh wait...I just looked at your sig...you already have. ;)

Good to see you're making use of and enjoying what this tourney has to offer.

lol ~ I never would take anything from those clans. It was these clans who brought many of us here. ;) I just think that 'those spoof ads' will only appeal to a small group, TOW. And I 'know' no one is going to jump up and start spoof ads all over again, you did great work on them and all the other things you've done for not just [uF] but for SCK as well. I just think that some things should be available for these new clans, so that 'they' feel more apart of [uF]. I and SCK, have felt a part of it every since I signed us up. :D

CritiKiL_v5 ]

lol ~ I never would take anything from those clans. It was these clans who brought many of us here. ;) I just think that 'those spoof ads' will only appeal to a small group, TOW. And I 'know' no one is going to jump up and start spoof ads all over again, you did great work on them and all the other things you've done for not just [uF] but for SCK as well. I just think that some things should be available for these new clans, so that 'they' feel more apart of [uF]. I and SCK, have felt a part of it every since I signed us up. :D

Perhaps this is simply a generational (clan-wise) issue here.

You keep bringing up that each spoof appeals to only a small group. You should understand that, at the time the spoofs were coming out, everyone looked forward to them. Everyone enjoyed them, regardless whether it was their clan or not (because you either got spoofed once, or you never got spoofed...either way, the moment in the spotlight ranged from 0-4 minutes...and that's it).

It was enjoyed as a community.

Clans liked when their group was spoofed.

Other clans liked when that clan got spoofed.

It was a community thing...not clans begging/needing/wanting/deserving spoofs of their own.

And if that same mentality were evident today, then those ads, however outdated perhaps, would still be enjoyed today for what they are...a slice of comedy within a community, not a slice of comedy within a clan.

But perhaps I've missed a lot of what was trying to be said here.

I've spent a lot of time on this thread. Came out being not what it should have been.

..................and I'm still buying one of those fucking 101 shirts.

• Directors

This is just unbelievable.

It doesn't matter if Shane had any creative input on the Spoof Ads. We've (Shane, Tow, & I) made it clear that he didn't. But, the Ads and the concept art for the T-Shirts belong to UF, so we/they can do anything they want to do with them. I mean, they're just T-Shirts for Christ's sake.

We're not leaving clans out, they just haven't been spoofed yet. It's really that simple.

Also, do the New York Yankees have to use the word "vintage" if they sell you a Babe Ruth T-Shirt (so as not to slight any current players)? No. So why is it necessary for us to use it?

We didn't do these things "for" the clans that we spoofed, we did them for the community to have something to chuckle at, while they listened to our lil ol podcast.

These T-Shirts are just a cool way to remember the Spoof Ads we used to do, or will do in the future. Nothing more. We thought folks would enjoy them. And, we certainly never imagined anybody would feel slighted if they weren't included.

Should we just make Spoof Ads/T-Shirts for the clans who currently populate UF? Did I mention that creating Spoof Ads or T-Shirts requires a considerable amount of time, and yes.... even money? Come on guys, let's be realistic here. If you want your clan to have T-Shirts, create & sell them yourselves.

And as far as Spoof Ads go, just be patient. We've already been discussing our next one. Who knows, the next clan we spoof, could be yours.

For the record, this thread is a great example of the kind of thing that might getcha' spoofed.

Now....let's hug it out, and carry on.

~V~