2010 NBA Playoffs

So what is everyone's playoff predictions for the upcoming playoffs?

To me, in the Western Conference, who advances past the first round will come down to seeding. With the standings beings so close, every game is invaluable for each team.

Lakers are likely to beat anyone. The only teams I see giving them a good challenge is the Spurs and Thunder if either of those teams land 8th seed.

2-7 will come down to matchups. Watch out for Phoenix. As long as they don't meet the Spurs.

I hope my team, Jazz, get a good matchup... but it is to tight right now to say who they will play.

I heard on sports talk radio today that analysts are projecting seed 2-5 will come down to the last game of the season.

In the East, I really don't see anybody beating the Cavs. The only team that could challenge them in Magic.

I see Lakers vs Cavs. Even with the Lakers slumping a little (won tonight), they're still the ideal team to beat. The Nuggets are on the downfall and the Jazz just don't have the man power to beat them. I think the Thunder are just too inexperienced to face the Lakers in playoff territory.

Cavs aren't going to be stopped. Magic might be able to but the Cavs have bulked up and are going to another level above the rest in the East. Atlanta just doesn't have the defense to stop the Cavs and Boston is old.

Check out the West standings after tonight!

1 y - LA Lakers 55 21 .724 -

2 x - Dallas 50 27 .649 5 ½

3 x - Denver 50 27 .649 5 ½

4 x - Utah 50 27 .649 5 ½

5 x - Phoenix 50 27 .649 5 ½

6 x - Oklahoma City 47 28 .627 7 ½

7 San Antonio 46 29 .613 8 ½

8 x - Portland 47 30 .610 8 ½

4-way tie for 2nd place!

I know Utah owns the tie-break on Dallas but lost it to Denver and currently is leading Phoenix 2-1 head-to-head.

I know I read somewhere that 3+ tiebreakers are handled differently than 2 team breakers.... is anyone sure on the particulars of this?

This is going to be a GREAT finish to a good regular season!

• 2 weeks later...

Pay attention to the Thunder. A year ago everyone was making jokes about them losing most of there games. But this year there very fun to watch. I'm in OKC so I'm sort of more favorable to them.

You gotta like Durant though. The team though is young and very fast and once they get going there hard to stop. Ask Kobe. They held him to like 15 points last time they played.

But were now at 49 wins was trying to get to 50. That would have put us in with about 4 other teams. And were hoping for like a 7th seed that will have us playing like Utah the first round.

I'm excited because this is our first Pro team.

Ahh crap I just learned we got the Lakers first round. Well if we can knock them off then the rest will be easy right?

SOTG_Marauder_ ]

Pay attention to the Thunder. A year ago everyone was making jokes about them losing most of there games. But this year there very fun to watch. I'm in OKC so I'm sort of more favorable to them.

You gotta like Durant though. The team though is young and very fast and once they get going there hard to stop. Ask Kobe. They held him to like 15 points last time they played.

But were now at 49 wins was trying to get to 50. That would have put us in with about 4 other teams. And were hoping for like a 7th seed that will have us playing like Utah the first round.

I'm excited because this is our first Pro team.

Ahh crap I just learned we got the Lakers first round. Well if we can knock them off then the rest will be easy right?

Good team! KD is amazing. Good group of quality people too! If my Jazz aren't playing them, I'm rooting for the Thunder!

should be an interesting playoffs. those west matchups are insane, whoever is coming out of the west will be tested. the only first round series in the east that looks to be close is probably celtics/heat but im sure celtics will pull it out. might as well just give the other east teams byes

KG is probably gonna get suspended for game 2 which could being a big blow for celtics and could change that series. i hate KG with a passion i think he is the biggest punk in the NBA so i found this quote of justification quite ironic by him.

"I thought what he did was a little disrespectful by standing over a guy that was hurt, just talking nonsense."

its funny i guess its easier to criticize others then it is to change yourself

KG is suspended for Game 2. He's a PUNK and a DIRTY player, just like his buddy Rondo.

Joakim Noah spoke out about how KG throws elbows all the time, which he does. KG cries so much about everything and he is one of the dirtiest players in the league himself. I find it laughable what KG did and his justification. Richardson CLEARLY was going over to see if Pierce was ok and KG got in his face. Amid a scuffle he sneaks in a cheap shot elbow. He deserves this suspension without a doubt. When reporters asked Pierce if Richardson was standing over him talking "smack," like KG claimed, Pierce replied that he didn't hear it.

Here's a link to what Noah said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13244358/bulls-noah-on-garnett-hes-a-dirty-player?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

One of the remaining "dirty" players in the league. He played against Stockton and Malone in the 90s when basketball was more about toughness than finesse. Basketball is a different sport now and KG is a guy who plays like they did 20 years ago. But now because nobody plays tough, it really sticks out. KGs screens are so strong, I'm surprised he doesn't get called for fouls more often.

The Bulls played their hearts out tonight, but were just over-matched in the end. I'm very psyched about what the future holds for the baby Bulls though! Bring in a big time free agent and this team is instantly a contender next season. They'll most likely have a new coach too as it appears Del Negro's firing is imminent at the conclusion of the season.