McNabb to the Redskins

The Philadelphia Eagles have reached agreement on a blockbuster intra-division trade that will send perennial Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

The two sides still must finalize language, but McNabb is now headed to Washington. Sources said the deal involved the Redskins' second-round pick in the 2010 draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year, depending on several factors.

The move means the Redskins now have a new starting quarterback and the Eagles have a new one as well in Kevin Kolb. Michael Vick is now in line as the team's backup.

Earlier, sources said McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, scared off several other teams. McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 and is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.

At the league meetings, head coach Andy Reid said the Eagles were listening to offers for all three quarterbacks, including 11-year veteran McNabb, who quickly said on his Web site that he wanted a quick resolution to the trade conversations.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

I'm making a bold prediction right now that Washington will win the division this year!! Washington has a solid defense and now should have an awesome offense as well. I'm looking for them to draft either Eric Berry the safety/corner machine, or Trent Williams to protect McNabb. I also expect a receiver with their next pick.

The Eagles messed up big time with this one. They are trading their starter of over 10 years to a divisional opponent. That Redskin defense will be salivating with his knowledge. Also with Mike Shanahan at the helm and 3 former pro-bowl running backs I like their chances to at least make the playoffs this year. I think they are still a big time receiver away from a deep run but Washington is close.

I'm with you Prane. Washington is now a playoff team. They are pulling some strings and finally improving on the offensive side. They get a Pro Bowl QB for a 2nd rounder. That's a great trade for them. I think McNabb and Shanahan's Offense will make Santana Moss the Santana Moss of old.

Terrible move for the Eagles. You don't get much in value and you have now dealt the face of your franchise to a division rival. You can bet he's going to bring his A game twice a year to stick it to the Eagles when they play.

The key to Washington's success is the O-Line they should be playing a lot more so they are going to need to build a solid O. line to hold up not only against any D. but to the stress of staying out there for a longer period if time.

That D. is gonna be better also cuz they will get more rest and will be on the field less.

A big time receiver away huh? Dude McNabb has done it with out a BIG time receiver most of his career. He took the Eagles deep in the playoffs how many times? Exactly.

This is the DUMBEST move I have ever seen. WTF was Reid and Banner thinking???

I think they needed to move McNabb just not to someone in the division. The draft will mean more this year then ever before..... >:( >:(

Dear mr kolb,

So your team just traded future hall of famer donovon mcnabb, the face to their franchise for over a decade now. This means you, and vick will be competing for the starting qb spot for a franchise that has extremely judgemental and critical fans. As if that wasn't enough, your front office expects you to make the playoffs. Hey buddy, there's no pressure so don't worry about blowing it.

Yours truly,

Happy Giants fan.

I saw his press conference today and I noticed a few things. One being Mike Shanahan is awesome and brought up some very good points. Also Donovan looked very hurt still and angry with the Eagles organization. I fully expect him to destroy the Eagles this year. If he throws for anything less than 300 yards and 2 tds in each game I will be shocked.

xXNAME_HEREXx ]
Pathogen- ]

i hope mcnabb kicks the crap out of the eagles and gives a big Eff You to the unappreciative eagles fans

UP YOURS im an eagles fan :P :P :P :P :P :P

Well all you Eagles fans are confusing the shit out of me. Why would you want a guy gone who has led your team to 6 NFC championship games in 11 seasons? This guy also holds every Eagles passing record. He also lead the Eagles to their first NFC championship game in 20 years. He has always been a class act guy and positive influence in the locker room. But you would rather have a guy who has played in less than ten games and has shown nothing against a quality opponent. 885 career passing yards and 4tds to 7 ints. Please enlighten me.

Prane ]
xXNAME_HEREXx ]
Pathogen- ]

i hope mcnabb kicks the crap out of the eagles and gives a big Eff You to the unappreciative eagles fans

UP YOURS im an eagles fan :P :P :P :P :P :P

Well all you Eagles fans are confusing the shit out of me. Why would you want a guy gone who has led your team to 6 NFC championship games in 11 seasons? This guy also holds every Eagles passing record. He also lead the Eagles to their first NFC championship game in 20 years. He has always been a class act guy and positive influence in the locker room. But you would rather have a guy who has played in less than ten games and has shown nothing against a quality opponent. 885 career passing yards and 4tds to 7 ints. Please enlighten me.

i used to love the guy but i guess this past season he hasnt been so stand up causin problems and shit someone explained it to me and showed me some tape where he was just bein a prick

Being a Cowboy fan glad to see Mcnabb leave Philly. Never understood why Philly fans disliked him so much. For years he had no weapons in philly and won. And when that they got some playmakers they get rid of him. LMFAO Living in Washington DC area I am used to hearing Redskins fans cry and blame their qb for every lost. Guess it robbed off on Philly fans. NFC east predictions.

1 Cowboys 11 -5

2 Giants 9-7

3 Redskins 7-9

4 Eagles 6-10

I just really believe when it comes down to it they are going to draft a playmaker in Berry. It's either him or Okung basically. The Skins have a really tough choice if Okung and Berry are still there, which they should be unless Detroit shocks the world and goes for Okung. I've been hearing rumblings about Trent Williams going to the Skins over Okung too.

The Skins, like the Bears last year, are lacking on picks. If they learned anything from the Cutler trade, you need to protect your investment...We shall see. I can't wait until draft day.

I read some bizarre story today that the Eagles may trade their 1st from this year and next year to the Seahawks for their 1st this year. They would then use that pick to draft Berry. Whoever lands this kid is going to be very very fortunate, that is for sure. I wish the Bears had a snowball's chance in hell at him LOL. :'(