2010 MLB Predictions

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prane ]
BacklasH ]

They suck. I've lost all hope. As bad as this division is, it appears that this team is just doomed. The bullpen and pitching performs, the bats don't. The bats are there and the bullpen collapses. It's a lose-lose. Time to clean house at the deadline and pray to contend in 2-3 years. Thank GOD I have the Hawks to be happy about. Hopefully the Bulls and Bears will be contenders this year, because now that the Hawks finally hoisted the cup it is going to be a LONNNNNG summer of crappy Cubs play.

Thanks for taking off the Beer goggles and joining us few logical Cubs fans. ;)

i "lol"ed at this. lash's optimism always comes back to bite him in the ass. well, most of the time.

boody ]
Prane ]
BacklasH ]

They suck. I've lost all hope. As bad as this division is, it appears that this team is just doomed. The bullpen and pitching performs, the bats don't. The bats are there and the bullpen collapses. It's a lose-lose. Time to clean house at the deadline and pray to contend in 2-3 years. Thank GOD I have the Hawks to be happy about. Hopefully the Bulls and Bears will be contenders this year, because now that the Hawks finally hoisted the cup it is going to be a LONNNNNG summer of crappy Cubs play.

i "lol"ed at this. lash's optimism always comes back to bite him in the ass. well, most of the time.

Yeah, if they ever actually don't suck, he will be unbearable to be around.

Tool_Minion ]
boody ]
Prane ]
BacklasH ]

Yeah, if they ever actually don't suck, he will be unbearable to be around.

Good thing we don't have to worry about that for a long, long, longgggg time. :)

That's ok, The Hawks, Bears, and Bulls successes should suffice nicely until the Cubs are contenders again. 8)

I'm used to the Cubs sucking, it's nothing new to me. I bleed Cubbie Blue, but in my lifetime we traditionally contend for a brief period, then fall into oblivion for the ensuing 3-5 years to rebuild. I just have high hopes that someday the "best team on paper" can actually win a World Series while I'm still breathing. I say "The best team on paper" because that's a term that was used VERY often in 2008, then in the offseason leading up to 2009. Names on paper don't win you games, performance does.

On that note, I got free tickets to the Cubs-Sox game tomorrow at the Cell. 9 rows behind home plate, look for me lol. I'll be the lone guy in the Cubs Jersey enjoying the tons of free food that the "United Scouts" section entitles you too, including an open bar. In 2008 there is no way I would've got these tickets for less than a grand a piece. Fast forward to 2010, they came to me free LOL.

BacklasH ]

I just have one thing to say about the M's...What in God's name happened to Chone Figgins?! He was supposed to be the catalyst to your offense, but he looks like a shell of himself. At 8.5 million this year, you GROSSLY overpaid. Btw thanks for Carlos Silva! He's been one of the few bright spots for my Cubbies and is the leading candidate by far for NL Comeback Player of the Year (Troy Glaus a distant 2nd).

yea yea!! This year is very disappointing! Our pitching is there and would have been even better if Silva was still here! lol...But Figgins has sucked it up.

Even though our pitching has been good. You can't win games if your bats don't get you runs!!!

The 2008 Cubs and 2009 opening day Cubs were widely considered the best team on paper, moreso the 2008 team. Now they are the most overpaid shit team on toilet paper. They don't even deserve to be on that paper. I hope they trade EVERYONE at the deadline. I want to throw up watching them. Keep the youth, get rid of the rest of the overpaid slouches that you can find takers for. Lilly, Lee, Fukudome, and a few others should be dealt. I love Lilly, but we can get a solid return for him and he's aging. Zambrano and Ramirez will be nearly impossible to move and Soriano is impossible to move.

We need to re-stock and build from the farm. Get a solid core going, on top of the talent we already have in the minors and the few that have already broken in to the bigs (Castro, Colvin, Kashner). Rebuild and make a run at it in a few years, when we will be buyers in free agency again to fill any holes. This team had it's best chance in 2008, it's time for new faces and a new manager. Lou doesn't have the fire anymore, especially not to motivate this slack off group. Bob Brenly described them best "a dead-ass team."