Jimmy Rollins edges Matt Holliday in NL MVP voting, your thoughts?

I think that both were worthy of winning the MVP, but it should have gone to Holliday hands down. Holliday led the league in Batting, RBI, Hits, Total Bases, and Doubles. He also hit 6 more homeruns than Rollins did and he did all that in 70 fewer at bats than Rollins. You can't really say who was more valuable to their team, because if you take either away from their team and neither of those teams would have made the playoffs. I just have the opinion that Holliday should have won, but Rollins definitely is deserving too. The only edge(s) that Rollins has are in the Runs scored and Stolen bases statistics, although Rollins is better defensively (he won the gold glove this year for NL ShortStops).

My vote was for Matt Holiday. Hands down he should have won.

Player TEAM POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG

J Rollins PHI SS 162 716 139 212 38 20 30 94 380 49 85 41 6 .344 .531 .296

M Holliday COL OF 158 636 120 216 50 6 36 137 386 63 126 11 4 .405 .607 .340

as a philly fan u know who my vote was for lol

and yes he had 6 more homers note though rollins isnt a home run hitter and holliday is

rollins also broke the mlb record most abats in a season(doesnt reallyh matter)

he became only the 4th player in MLB history to have 20 or more of the following triples,homers,stolen bases

shit there was one more cant remeber any one else remeber?

only reason rollins won it i think is cause hes in a bigger market and spotlight then holliday

Note

howard came in fifth also lol and utley 6

I think the defense was the biggest advantage for Rollins......and the fact that he did everything in his power to back up that preseason prediction of his. He talked, then he walked, voters respect that.

-Omni

OMNI ]

I think the defense was the biggest advantage for Rollins......and the fact that he did everything in his power to back up that preseason prediction of his. He talked, then he walked, voters respect that.

-Omni

It is bullshit though. In the NL Rookie of the Year voting they didn't take defense into account, when they gave Ryan Braun the award when Tulowitzki produced on offense and defense. Tulowitzki would have won the gold glove if it wasn't for Rollins, while Braun had a league high number of errors at his position in 2 less months than everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I love Ryan Braun (especially in fantasy baseball) the kid can straight mash the ball, but his defense sucks.

Yea, I agree smoke, I thought Tulowitzki was going to run away with the ROY award......The whole voting system sucks......It chould be some media, mixed with players and coaches...

-Omni