Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Sign in to follow this  
Guest [iLL] Andawg

Video Game Documentary series on Discovery Channel starts tonight

Guest [iLL] Andawg

8PM The Discovery Channel will be starting a multi week series on the video game, its origins to where it's at now.

Any other geeks planning on watching this besides me?

Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com
Red0ctobeR ]

OOOH I might be if I am not getting blitzed.

LOL!

Actually...thanks for the info.

My class' Thanksgiving extra credit homework just got a little bigger.

Can anyone say "ESSAY?!" LOL

Ohhhh Essay!! yippeee!

hey you think you could post a few of them.. I want ESSAY's!! yo yo es ay! Goat pounds his chest twice and gives double finger crossed peace sign upside down.. YO!

Goat ]

Ohhhh Essay!!  yippeee!

hey you think you could post a few of them.. I want ESSAY's!! yo yo es ay! Goat pounds his chest twice and gives double finger crossed peace sign upside down.. YO!

LOL Funny Funny

Because you're not enrolled in a video game developmental course of study.

I mean, c'mon....I'm teaching video game design......it's a PARTY on this floor! LOL

If we're not molding the next high-profile video game writer, we're sending them off to be America's Next Top Model.....LOL

Undertow ]

Because you're not enrolled in a video game developmental course of study.

I mean, c'mon....I'm teaching video game design......it's a PARTY on this floor! LOL

If we're not molding the next high-profile video game writer, we're sending them off to be America's Next Top Model.....LOL

haha, yeah I'm just a stupid History whore, video game development would be a sweet change of pace though

Guest [iLL] Andawg

I like the idea of posting some of the summaries. I'd like to see what some of these nubile minds of Tows got out of these shows. See if any of them have even heard of Pong, lol.

I enjoyed the litttle "americas next top model" bit at the end. Not sure if anyone else caught the relevance of it but...quite funny. ;)

( hint...look back at other posts from tow about it class and students)

Deutscher75 ]
Deutscher75 ]

Tow, why can't I have Profs like you for my masters classes?

BECUSE YOU NOSE IS MIS-ALIGNED  ;)

wait if it's misaligned where does it end up ???

just needs a bump up^ on the left side a little...your guy reminds me of ajax from that old fighting game what was it mortal combat

Guest NEO-X
Deutscher75 ]

Tow, why can't I have Profs like you for my masters classes?

BECUSE YOU NOSE IS MIS-ALIGNED ;)

Yeah I watched on on the science channel a while back.. But this was more about the Online gaming generation. It was like 3 hours, and it covered everything from FPS (Counterstrike namely) to MMORPG (WoW)

It was really interesting.

But yeah I'll probably check this out out tonight.

LOL I just seen this topic and noticed that it was on the Discovery channel as I read this. Watching it now. They are in the Vietnam stage of time right now. I think they have a few episodes before the PS 3 is mentioned!

Pacman!!!

Wow they said it would take 9 months to create a "chip". They also said that ATARI brought in 100 million dollars per title! Wow didn't realize that. Thinking back compared to what we have now you wouldn't realize that.

LOL. You guys remember ET on ATARI? They produced so many copies and the game flopped so bad that ATARI took them to a landfill and a controversy ensued. ATARI then covered it with cement and denied dumping the copies.

1980's and Tetris is the game of the decade! Across the globe even. The game equivalent of the song you can't get out of your head. Created by a Russian who signed a contract and couldn't publish it outside of the USSR. But he moved to the US and 5 years later the rights were given back to him.

1st episode is now over. I am sure I missed some details because I am at work. Next episode will contain Mario!!!