any martial artists out there?

Anyone learning anything combative??? for the last 2 months i have been learning Kung Fu, and Arnis. I can say without a doubt that they have improved me mentally, physically, and spritually. I really wish I had started a long time ago, but better late than never. If anyone is curious as to what they are all about or interested in learning them you should think about going to your local club and trying out a class (usually the first class is free). Or if your children are looking for something new and soccer aint their thing tell them to give it a try (great for discipline).

Most people know what kung fu looks like, this is what Arnis looks like. (I am nowhere near this guys level)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mpddW9guzBg

its long ,but beautiful. (heard that one before???) lol.

Hard to find classes for it unless your in a fairly large city...But Capoeara is a beautiful art. What form or forms of Kung Fu are you taking?

A good form of weapons training, primarily Katana and Wakasashi at the same time... Nitten Ichi Ryu.

Kung Fu is a chinese form...Capoeara is an old Brazilian Slavery form...a great Japenese style to learn is obviously Ju-Jitsu, or you can still find schools for Nin-Jutsu, Ninja. But if you are ging to train in America for Nin-Jutsu make sure the school was established by Stephen Hayes. He is the ONLY Gaijen to ever be acknowledged by the Japanese as a true master of the art.

Yes, I have a little expierience and knowledge with martial arts. I am actually a student of 14 years in Nitten Ichi...I'll happily take my swords to a gun fight with confidance...lol.

Guest [odc]..GhostDawg..

Arnis, a Filipino Martial Art, is very effective. Whle usually associated with hand held weapons such as sticks, swords or knives, you'll find the strikes, parrys and counters used are equally effective using your hands.

Each Style of Martial Art has a unique perspective on attacking or defending. For instance, Shorin-Ryu (Japanese) generally takes a more linear approach when attacking or defending, while styles such as Hapkido (Korean) take a more circular approach.

Other Art Forms, such as Gojin-Ryu seek to combine the linear, hard-line techniques with softer, more circular patterns.

Ju Jitsu tends to focus on control through the use of locks and throws, while Aikido takes a more harmonious approach in it's use of locks & throws.

Most of my experience is based on the Kajukenbo style of Martial Arts, created in the late 1940's in Hawaii by a group of individuals which blended elements of Kenpo (Kosho Ryu), Judo, Tang Soo Doo, Chinese Boxing (or Kung Fu) & Ju Jitsu.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

well maximus, i created my own martial art. There is a recent movie that came out that uses it, its called Spart-kwan-do, recently used in the movie 300. The shitty part is I didnt even get a cut in the profits, friggin a-holes in Hollywood.

LMFAO!

UNCLE-SID25 ]

When I was a kid- I trained in the Cali public school system lol 8)

Hell yeah me too...Los Angeles, Venice high school of hard knocks. Thanks god I lived thru it!

On a real note, I am very familiar w/ military arts, you know, the rifle butt then shoot them when they are down. They are terrorists, they want to die, perfect example, suicide bombers. Oh i got a question for you guys, are these terrorists really good???? I mean, they only get one chance to get their target, blow too early, they dont succeed and end up not meeting Allah. Shoot, if i blow too early my wife gets pissed off, id rather piss my wife off.........

A420KING ]

Hard to find classes for it unless your in a fairly large city...But Capoeara is a beautiful art. What form or forms of Kung Fu are you taking?

A good form of weapons training, primarily Katana and Wakasashi at the same time... Nitten Ichi Ryu.

Kung Fu is a chinese form...Capoeara is an old Brazilian Slavery form...a great Japenese style to learn is obviously Ju-Jitsu, or you can still find schools for Nin-Jutsu, Ninja. But if you are ging to train in America for Nin-Jutsu make sure the school was established by Stephen Hayes. He is the ONLY Gaijen to ever be acknowledged by the Japanese as a true master of the art.

Yes, I have a little expierience and knowledge with martial arts. I am actually a student of 14 years in Nitten Ichi...I'll happily take my swords to a gun fight with confidance...lol.

Hung Gar kung fu. It was founded by a man in China Named Hung, Gar means "clan". He developed this hard style of kung fu, and later became one of the ten tigers of Canton. I am still in the infancy stage of my training, but it is very circular, and hard hitting, while remaining very practical.

La punti Arnis de Abanico is the another style I am learning. It is extremely well rounded, even though we focus mainly on stick and dagger techniques, the unarmed techniques are extremely effective. I also do Irish stick fighting, it is very boxing oriented, and nasty. I like it because of my heritage. It may seem like i study too many styles but, we are taught well and are always looking forward to the next class.