Check out our new vid! [AieL]

The quality is nice. I have a few questions because I am looking for a new recording device.

I am looking at the <a href="http://www.myhava.com">Hava Vulkano</a> which hasn't been released yet. The problem is, is that it doesn't have HDMI which is what I would REALLY like to have. The nice thing about it though is that I don't have to have my PC nearby in order to record like I would with the Blackmagic Intensity Pro.

So with the Black Magic I would have to go PS3->PC->Stereo->HDTV so is there any kind of latency issue?

Both are about the same in terms of cost so that is not an issue.

SHANE23 ]

The quality is nice. I have a few questions because I am looking for a new recording device.

I am looking at the <a href="http://www.myhava.com">Hava Vulkano</a> which hasn't been released yet. The problem is, is that it doesn't have HDMI which is what I would REALLY like to have. The nice thing about it though is that I don't have to have my PC nearby in order to record like I would with the Blackmagic Intensity Pro.

So with the Black Magic I would have to go PS3->PC->Stereo->HDTV so is there any kind of latency issue?

Both are about the same in terms of cost so that is not an issue.

Using the Blackmagic with a PS3, you have to use the Component Cables to record. You cannot use HDMI. The PS3 outputs HDMI with HDCP, High Definition Content Protection to prevent people recording Blue-ray movies and illegally redistributing them. I doubt the Playstation 3 would work with any recording device with HDMI input because of the HDCP. HDMI from a 360 will work with the Blackmagic, as it does not output with HDCP.

I have zero lag or latency issues while playing. PS3->PC->TV. WoodysGamerTag on Youtube uses a similar setup as myself.

The Blackmagic/Hauppage/and probably the Vulkano are all designed to record without any lag on the players end. The only issue you could run into with the blackmagic is dropping frames, which is due to your hard drive not being able to write fast enough. The Hauppage and the Vulkano (I assume) process the whole video in the unit, and transfer the data over USB2.0, which HD's can easily handle.

If you have a newer computer with USB3.0, I'm tempted to recommend you the Intensity Shuffle, which is like the Hauppage, but can record in full 1080p. No dropped frames like you chance with the Intensity Pro.

If you want to test your hard drive write speed, download HD Tach or HD Tune for a quick benchmark. I posted the write speed requirements in the thread I linked Pathogen to earlier in the thread.

i don't want to sound like a douche and mean no harm by what i'm about to say:

there wasn't anything special about it, just one kill clips

the song didn't go well with the montage and i often refrain from using hardcore songs in my montages

though the quality was really good ;D

also some clips just didn't make sense like spectating someone who died, maybe i missed something

JKillWil ]

i don't want to sound like a douche and mean no harm by what i'm about to say:

there wasn't anything special about it, just one kill clips

the song didn't go well with the montage and i often refrain from using hardcore songs in my montages

though the quality was really good ;D

also some clips just didn't make sense like spectating someone who died, maybe i missed something

This video is not a montage. It is video from our 1v1 tryouts for our clan.

BTW, this is hardcore, nothing like the music we used. :)