Tags and Reputations

a few nights back, i joined a public room on MW2 with a few players from my clan. when we were matched in the lobby, the first thing i noticed was a [503] tag on the other side. before we could say a word to anyone, that particular person made several references to sexual acts he planned on pursuing with my girlfriend and mother. i was very set off by this, and made special note to write down the players name so i could address this here. after some consideration though, i remember mention on these forums of multiple clans having the [503] tags, and knowing the ones that play here from the last few years as part of this community, i decided not to take any action as i was positive it wasnt one of the guys i know and surely not from the [503] clan i know.

im sharing this because of the super cool clan tag function in all call of duty games, and want to please ask the community, even though it is a rare occasion, that if you happen to run across a familiar tag, and a player that does not meet the standards that you think that clan upholds, try to take a moment before losing respect for a clan or attacking them publicly. if nothing else, contact the clan leader and ask him if that player is in his clan. i could have jumped to conclusions, and i could have blasted a fellow clan here publicly, or even in pm's to there clan leader. instead i decided to chalk it up as mistaken identity.

i hope you all have the patience and understanding to do the same, or at least address it in the proper way without ruining a reputation that doesnt need to be ruined

Agreed and dually noted! I've seen a few identical tags out there and it always throws me off although none of them we're playing outside UF standards besides a nube tuber here and there ;) Nice post Puddy

what if your leader is the one doing it? 8)

Remember guys, if you just join a room, you may not know the situation you're walking in to. Could be someone made a racist or otherwise bigotted comment, and things escalate, or who knows why. I know I've been known to totally embarrass verbally someone who makes ignorant comments or calls out a clan member injustly. That, and I like to whisper sweet nothings in a low, sensual voice, into the mic

I mute every player in every room unless they are in my party....PERIOD.

And while sometimes we have people add our tag in COD that are on the other team (I love these fucktards), I will always answer any questions about my boys actions.

Then there are times when a clan from UF just gets caught up.

I joined a random pubby room while waiting for VR to finish a map. It just so happens that the ENTIRE enemy team was DK. I was only in the room for 30 seconds, as the match ended. I was killed 2X by Black Falcon (Formerly Mets) so I knew him and him alone with the [<+>] tag, but everyone on his team had em. When we came to the dead room, I tried to say hi to the DK boys, but a couple of them were too busy calling 'us' 'noob-tubing faggots'. I tried to get a word in edge-wise, but to no avail....then one of them decided to single me out (I didn't even HAVE a tube, was only there for 30 seconds, but I guess this guy was hot over the other people on my side) and tell me to fuck off, he didn't care if I was from UF or not...LOL. I messaged Black Falcon, he apologized, and I moved on.

THIS is why I mute every player in a room. This is why I instruct VR members to do the same...with the exception of our recruiter, who I trust to take any abuse, THEN mute without replying. We seem to keep from getting into the shit-talking wars by doing this.

With people coming and going after each game, it gets tiring having to mute everyone all the time. I wish PSN would add a feature to have everyone automatically muted unless they are on your friend's list. Until then, the mute everyone option is the best way to go to avoid idiots in pubby rooms.

Tool_Minion ]

I mute every player in every room unless they are in my party....PERIOD.

And while sometimes we have people add our tag in COD that are on the other team (I love these fucktards), I will always answer any questions about my boys actions.

Then there are times when a clan from UF just gets caught up.

I joined a random pubby room while waiting for VR to finish a map. It just so happens that the ENTIRE enemy team was DK. I was only in the room for 30 seconds, as the match ended. I was killed 2X by Black Falcon (Formerly Mets) so I knew him and him alone with the [<+>] tag, but everyone on his team had em. When we came to the dead room, I tried to say hi to the DK boys, but a couple of them were too busy calling 'us' 'noob-tubing faggots'. I tried to get a word in edge-wise, but to no avail....then one of them decided to single me out (I didn't even HAVE a tube, was only there for 30 seconds, but I guess this guy was hot over the other people on my side) and tell me to fuck off, he didn't care if I was from UF or not...LOL. I messaged Black Falcon, he apologized, and I moved on.

THIS is why I mute every player in a room. This is why I instruct VR members to do the same...with the exception of our recruiter, who I trust to take any abuse, THEN mute without replying. We seem to keep from getting into the shit-talking wars by doing this.

how long ago did this happen tool??