Red Dead Redemption Racism?

Just bought the game... and LOVE it! But twice now as I approach the general store clerk he says to me...

"You won't find anything Jewish made in this establishment Sir!"

Now did he really say that? Or am I just imagining things? I want to clarify, I am not Jewish... but I am wondering if Rockstar Games is trying to keep things real with a comment like that. (People were racist back then and it was ok apparently). Or is Rockstar continually trying to "push" the envelope again by allowing a comment like that.

I know, I know, it's just a game but when is it too far? My conscience was pricked when I heard that and I wonder how others feel about it. First though, can someone else verify that is what the Store clerk says... Thanks!

i have played this game xanthe, and i have heard the comments your refering to. i think they can be taken two ways...

1. look at the time period of the game, and how jewish people were looked at back then. this could be taken as historical accuracy on rockstars part

2. look at rockstar and the shit they took over the GTA franchise, pushing the envelope a lil more each time. there are some very religious (not racist) undertones in this game.

i personally think it is just a matter of how each player wants to take it, and with this release i fully expect to see rockstar on the tabloid headlines any day now.

Is it a reach around if all your doing it petting my pants begging me to let you? I thought that was just gay desperation....LOL.

Honestly, I didn't pay too much mind to it....wow I sounded like I was in the game....anyhow I figured it was no different than them referring to indians as 'mindless savages'. It is on pace with the era they are depicting.