141 Applications are CLOSED - FOR NOW.

CDBS14 ]

It probably has to do with the fact that since tourneys are not advertised........clans move on, they go to other sites and play there sometimes timing is a conflict.

I think regardless of advertising Urgent Fury still offers the best tournament experience around. This is just a lull in gaming right now. As one who has experienced multiple tournament sites I will say its not just UF, it is everywhere right now.

In my opinion, everyone has kind of touched on the reason why COD is lacking clan support. The 2+ month layoff from competitive play may have lost a few clans; but, only having 4 clans sign up for a tournament that had 15 sign up 4 months ago isn't just because there was a layoff. This community was built on SOCOM and probably will always be a SOCOM first community for years to come. SOCOM can't even compare to what kind of game COD is, but there were 14+ clans that signed up for BLACK a few months ago and there was an equal layoff.

COD just doesn't have the longevity that SOCOM has, at least in this community. So while UF may have lost a couple clans due to a break in tournaments, overall the COD clan support just isn't there.

On a side note, I have participated in two UF COD tournaments here. 141, and Riot Act a few years ago. I will say that Riot Act was so much better because of the game modes. I know COD is a respawn shooter, but I like to think of wars as being tactical. In Riot Act, there was Search and Destory, and Team Deathmatch with a limit of 5 deaths. That added a SOCOM touch and a tactical element that I believed lacked in 141. Again, that's just my opinion and it doesn't make it right.

Prane ]
CDBS14 ]

It probably has to do with the fact that since tourneys are not advertised........clans move on, they go to other sites and play there sometimes timing is a conflict.

I think regardless of advertising Urgent Fury still offers the best tournament experience around. This is just a lull in gaming right now. As one who has experienced multiple tournament sites I will say its not just UF, it is everywhere right now.

gamebattles is having a huge turnout right now. But it is only because people there are so caught up with their dumb gb rank.....apparently now gb rank means how good or bad you are at a game.

CT also had a decent turnout for COD....I don't know that ANY reflection on the title's lasting power can be made by the lack of sign ups for 141.

I think people are still pissed off on how UF handled it. They admittedly dropped the ball guys....and have tried to compensate for that by focusing on COD with both 141 and Crucible. Is it too little too late? Not for me, but I can't say how you feel. What I can say is that if your holding back because your 'teaching' them a lesson, the lesson is already learned, and they are making some serious strides to right things. Don't punish your clanmates, or other clans because you think you've gone unheard...it simply isn't true. I have repeatedly called out the Staff and Directors for their mishandling of certain things, and every time they have dealt with it honestly and transparently. They are trying, that I know for sure. There is also ALOT more going on than just these tourney's, and all this is time consuming. Repairs are needed, they are aware, and they are being addressed NOW, not later.

Anything worth doing takes time and due diligence, and I for one fully believe that they have seen this and are doing their very best to ensure UF get's back to what it should be. I hold them to the standards their predecessors set, and I believe they plan on exceeding our expectations by a large margin very soon.

I hear ya CDBS. I don't know if I can get all my guys together now anyway. I lost their interest while waiting to see what's goin on here. I had 'em pumped last month! Anyway, guess we'll see what Staff has next for us. Apparently this one bit the dust(141 part 2). :( Is there gonna be another part of 141 or are we skippin to Crucible?

Yeah were wrapping 141 part 2 up. With the lack of interest we cant run a tac map. However that doesnt mean its the last attempt. I plan to run a small fun tourney then maybe throw the option back out there if others actually want to do it.

141 is closed for now.

As this was set as a qualifier for a large Fall TACMAP that would last for a couple of months; however, with the lack of interest, in this iteration, we will roll out the Crucible - Stimulus Edition and see what interest will return to Urgent Fury. In the meantime we will continue to prep for the Fall to see if there is going to be a new life to complete this 141 Saga.

Well, for all the Clan Leaders out there, You guys really like leavin things unfinished? Apparently We weren't done w/ 141. If the Staff get the Ball rollin in time for Fall, then the clans from the 1st part of 141 should be back to compete. Only because if there's 2 parts, then there really isn't a 141 champ yet is there!!?? Only the 1st stage has been completed. FYI 8)

AMBJE ]

Well, for all the Clan Leaders out there, You guys really like leavin things unfinished? Apparently We weren't done w/ 141. If the Staff get the Ball rollin in time for Fall, then the clans from the 1st part of 141 should be back to compete. Only because if there's 2 parts, then there really isn't a 141 champ yet is there!!?? Only the 1st stage has been completed. FYI 8)

These were qualifiers....the actual Tac is later man....and that's not cancelled.