New Montages- New montage preview :D

Nice vid, some crazy no scopes......But you should try not to put the hardscopes there. (there are too many)

Just a suggestion work on the quickscope. Just get the right timing on the L1 and R1 release. If you really like you can add me, i sometimes do quickscope lobbies with my clan members.

noooooooo......see there is like different terms for each type of kill with a sniper rifle.

1. Hardscope: You zoom in full way and shoot. (some people argue you need to take a breath for it to be a hardscope)

2. quickscope: The quickscope is when you zoom in but not all the way, basically you zoom in JUST BEFORE you see the crosshairs. (most people call this a noscope)

3. No scope: You flat out did not aim down sights

Now there are a few versions of "hardscoping"

1. RELEASE SHOT: It is like a quick scope but you aim down the sight and it got to the cross hair. (some people call this a quickscope)

2. drag shot: It technically is a hardscope except you did not hold your breath down and dragged the crosshairs to the target.

See hardscoping is seen as "cheap" by people who do quickscopes/no scopes only.

Now if you want to see some of the dedicated clans/players here are some videos.

optic clan (from what i know they are the best ones out there)

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXeSClanXx#p/a/u/0/wKM-V2L0_jA

One of my guys did a montage a long time ago

See the problem is people feel like they are "pro" when they can no scope and so they come up with all these dumb technicalities and names for kills. I know because i play with some kids on gb that are insanely good with the sniper rifle, i mean if you play with them you will think they got aimbots (but they dont)

Hannibal. ]

So is the "quick scope" cheating?

I am of the opinion that no-scope is. MY personal opinion. I just don't believe that people can no-scope like that without aids. IMO, it is most likely the red dot on your TV thing. Until I see someone in person doing it, I can't believe anything else. No crosshairs at the distances most people do it is just hinky.

As far as the "quick" scope, I dunno about it being too legit either. Seems like a game flaw to me. More or less you tap zoom at someone and pull the trigger and it just hit's them 98% of the time? Bah. But until the devs directly say something or fix it, it's the way it is.

Both situations suck and will be argued about forever. Not able to police it in tournaments. Can't know that either one is really legit. It just sucks. UF clans tend to police themselves fairly well though, so if a clan were abusing it, word will get around. Nobody that I know of wants to play with guys that stretch every boundary they can "within the rules".

There's so many things you can do on COD that might or might not be cheating. Is it cheating that I can turn my Barret or M21 into a better secondary weapon just by firing it off as fast as I can when someone runs up on me ? Or how about drop shooting ? I mean before on socom it was jump sniping now its the opposite where you drop snipe. To me its in the game so use it or don't use it, it's really a judgment call.

Look there are things on MW2 that have been an issue since cod1 for pc.

Even back then people used to no scope....its just how it is.....on the videos it seems easy or like someone helped them do it......but you have to remember it takes them days to film these things as well as many games and tries to get the no scope kills. My clan member's video is filmed with a video camera.....show me the red dot?

Now the quick scope kills are just easy to do.....no its not a "glitch" or error of the game it has been like that since cod4 even cod1.

Now i understand it seems like a hack to you or a glitch...but it just simply isnt...which is why the devs dont care about it. It actually takes some skill to do this....you have to time the L1/R1 shot correctly for it to happen and it is much easier to do with steady aim pro and slight of hand pro.

Last but not least you mention the aimbot.....now i don't think you know this or anyone here knows this.....but a while back the same dudes who have nothing better to do than to mess with the game actually made a multiplayer aimbot......if you ever heard of those offline aimbots.....it is the same thing but in multiplayer. People know it as the codbot and what it basically does is put you in god mode. NO ONE BUT THE CREATORS OF IT HAVE IT. They were smart, they kept it to themselves and they never released it....it has faded into memory after xmas.

That is some MW2 history. Trust me i spend too much time on this game......Last- knows lol.

It is kinda sad that any little thing is considered a glitch when MW2 is basically in alpha stage...it has that many problems....a clan member of mine made a list of 101 complaints and he can still keep going.

PS. Did you know bullets in COD dont come out of your gun? they come out of the top of your head......now you know why sometimes "the tip of a head is all you can see" Something that has been in the game engine since COD1.

like CDBS said, no-scope montages usually take days to make. But due to the small amount of noscopes i had i was able to make it in a day but i don't use a red dot or anything on my tv because i was playing on my alt account that has a k/d of .43 because i only use it to mess around with new guns and what not. So it didn't hold me back from trying stuff i wouldn't normally do on JKillWil.

Also like he said it actually does take some skill, noscoping more luck though. And just like anything else in this game you have to practice practice practice. You can't claim cheating when you've never even tried to quickscope/noscope to realize how hard it is to do when someone is shooting at you. If someone can actually do it in a tournament match and do good enough to make people complain than i envy them for their skill. To each his own though.

Ohhh one last thing...bigmoney im not trying to piss you off or anything...so dont take my posts as personal attacks (you kinda have in the past)

Its just that i spend too much time on this game and i know every little detail about it and when i see a post like yours claiming something that is common place in public lobbies as well as the people who make montages as a glitch is just kinda messed up if you really haven't looked into it or even know what is......you are sort of saying that those guys who are actually really good with a sniper rifle suck and all they do is glitch and hack the game to get those kills. Your logic is almost as if a guy who goes 86-12 in a domination match is hacking too? or a guy who is just too good with a famas is also glitching?

Know what i mean? Its just that i have many good friends who i know are good at no scopes and it is just what they like to do and claiming that they are hackers/glitchers without proof is messed up.

Put it like this....back when confrontation was just out you used to tell me to stop bitching about the game and just play it.....or not play it at all because of all the problems it had. Enjoy MW2 man, dont see every little thing as a glitch/hack......most glitches were patched out (javelin, akimbo 1887, elevator, care package, inside the rock in afghan) and the few hacks out there are really obvious.

Now i went on a large rant, lmao. Peace.

JKillWil ]

like CDBS said, no-scope montages usually take days to make. But due to the small amount of noscopes i had i was able to make it in a day but i don't use a red dot or anything on my tv because i was playing on my alt account that has a k/d of .43 because i only use it to mess around with new guns and what not. So it didn't hold me back from trying stuff i wouldn't normally do on JKillWil.

Also like he said it actually does take some skill, noscoping more luck though. And just like anything else in this game you have to practice practice practice. You can't claim cheating when you've never even tried to quickscope/noscope to realize how hard it is to do when someone is shooting at you. If someone can actually do it in a tournament match and do good enough to make people complain than i envy them for their skill. To each his own though.

Thank you =D

I got your invite.....i should be free from school soon and we can get some matches going.

JKillWil ]

You can't claim cheating when you've never even tried to quickscope/noscope to realize how hard it is to do when someone is shooting at you.

Yes I can. I have used the quick scope, that's why I think it is hinky. You can claim all you want that it takes skill, but it's just timing. As for no-scoping, you won't change my mind. Until I see someone doing it in person, I'll believe it's cheating. A random, lucky no-scope is one thing, but the frequency it happens in game negates that entirely, in my eyes.

CDBS, not once did I complain about it. I know it's part of the game, and you won't hear me bitching about it in a pubby room. I simply don't care enough for it to get to me. As far as you claiming I have not looked into it. Know the facts first. I do the majority of glitch research on MW2 for UF. I browse so many glitching sites, I feel like a dirty cheater. I KNOW just how many real glitches and cheats are used in MW2. Like I said earlier though, I don't complain about it. Hell, I don't even complain about lag. It's just a fact of online gaming, and there isn't anything you can do about it anyways. ;)

I haven't taken posts in the past as personal attacks at all, but you have pissed me off a few times. It's because I'm the type of guy that will tell the ref I stepped out of bounds on the kickoff return, if he didn't see it, I'm not so sure you would own up to it. Alot of your posts on these type of threads almost advocate using borderline tactics. You know, the whatever it takes mentality. That's just not my style.

AAAAARGHH. I wish smf would fix the damn issue with long replies not scrolling properly! >:(

I'll throw my 2 cents in...

I don't believe any of it is cheating just because this game has auto aim built in. Quick scoping, no scoping and the like are a side affect of your crosshairs snapping to your target. So when a sniper zooms in real quick in the vicinity of a target he is guaranteed a kill based on the auto aim and 1 shot kill ability of sniper rifles. This is part of the game everyone has the ability to do it with any gun in the game the only difference is with sniper rifles they are 1 shot kills.

I would of course comply any with any rule the UF community felt necessary but I believe this is just part of this game.

you can claim cheating all you wont but it won't change the fact that it's not a glitch nor is it actual cheating. If it is a glitch please explain to me how so. Sniper rifles are in the game, the play style while using the sniper rifle is up to the player. Its nothing more than a different play style and cannot be possibly labeled cheating. The way I see is it the people who call it cheating are the ones that can't do it or are killed by it so much it left a sour taste in their mouth. The thing you gotta learn it that it isn't hard to kill quickscopers, hell its harder to kill snipers camping in a corner somewhere. So like i said before if someone is good enough to actually quickscope in a game and come out with a 2.0 k/d or higher then I somewhat envy them for their skills.

CDBS14 ]

Just so you guys know it is much easier to get a no scope in MW2 than in COD4. Weird stuff.

All i know is that it takes days or weeks to get those no scope kills.

That's because the auto aim is cranked up for MW2. Don't believe me? Dig up your MW disc and see for yourself. ;)

Crusty_Demons ]
CDBS14 ]

Just so you guys know it is much easier to get a no scope in MW2 than in COD4. Weird stuff.

That's because the auto aim is cranked up for MW2. Don't believe me? Dig up your MW disc and see for yourself. ;)

i know that.....cod4 auto aim on sniper only worked for the first time you put someone on the crosshairs......on MW2 is remains there even through walls.

Crusty_Demons ]
CDBS14 ]

it really is and it pisses me off soooo much

i was on bailout and was shooting at someone on a ledge then another guy runs in front of him and my gun follows that guy and messed up my aim, i wish there was a option to turn auto aim off

JKillWil ]
Crusty_Demons ]
CDBS14 ]

it really is and it pisses me off soooo much

i was on bailout and was shooting at someone on a ledge then another guy runs in front of him and my gun follows that guy and messed up my aim, i wish there was a option to turn auto aim off

just another feature that makes MW2 a noob friendly game

BigMoneyNacku ]
JKillWil ]

You can't claim cheating when you've never even tried to quickscope/noscope to realize how hard it is to do when someone is shooting at you.

Yes I can. I have used the quick scope, that's why I think it is hinky. You can claim all you want that it takes skill, but it's just timing. As for no-scoping, you won't change my mind. Until I see someone doing it in person, I'll believe it's cheating. A random, lucky no-scope is one thing, but the frequency it happens in game negates that entirely, in my eyes.

I have to agree with this. Just because you can, doesn't make it alright.

I believe that a quick hardscope takes a lot more skill than any quick/no-scope ever will.

• 3 weeks later...