Red Dead Redemption Progress and Help Thread

I want to open this up for anybody who needs help with missions and just to get an idea of where everyone is at so far. I just crossed over into Mexico from New Austin. How do you get back over into New Austin? Also are there any new guns going to be available? I have about $700 saved up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prane ]

I want to open this up for anybody who needs help with missions and just to get an idea of where everyone is at so far. I just crossed over into Mexico from New Austin. How do you get back over into New Austin? Also are there any new guns going to be available? I have about $700 saved up.

There is one bridge I think that is in tact. You can ride back and forth but you can't take a wagon ride or the train I don't think.

And after a couple missions in Mexico you'll earn Dynamite, Fire bottles "Molotov cocktails", and then a sniper rifle. Which the sniper in Dead Eye is awesome. Headshots for everyone!!

Thanks Joe. Do you have any idea what side the bridge is on? Also I need to point out that when you first ride into Mexico on your horse the song that plays mixed with the Mexican scenery is unbelievable. I looked it up last night and it has 85,000 views on youtube already. It is a great song considering it was made for the game.

Prane ]

Thanks Joe. Do you have any idea what side the bridge is on?

Look on your map, the bridge that has an island in the middle is the one that crosses back and forth. But you might as well do the missions in Mexico. You'll get back to the states soon enough. ::)

The thing you need to worry about is when you get back and the Plains/Tall trees area opens up, THE BEARS!

I thought the cougars were bad, those fuckers don't mess around. All you hear is a low growl and then you're dead.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
Prane ]

Look on your map, the bridge that has an island in the middle is the one that crosses back and forth. But you might as well do the missions in Mexico. You'll get back to the states soon enough. ::)

The thing you need to worry about is when you get back and the Plains/Tall trees area opens up, THE BEARS!

I thought the cougars were bad, those fuckers don't mess around. All you hear is a low growl and then you're dead.

Hell yeah the bears are the worse, the other day one of them knock me to ground and attacked me while i was down. Bears = quick death. And they are some sneaky sons of bitches.

Sal0713 ]
Sgt.JoeFriday ]
Prane ]

Hell yeah the bears are the worse, the other day one of them knock me to ground and attacked me while i was down. Bears = quick death. And they are some sneaky sons of bitches.

For sure. One second you're looking at a rock, next second the rock is running at you and mauls you. I don't know how I did it, but I got one to stand up, shot it in the chest, DOWN!! Sounds like the easiest way to drop them but I don't know how to get them to stand up?

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
Sal0713 ]
Sgt.JoeFriday ]
Prane ]

For sure. One second you're looking at a rock, next second the rock is running at you and mauls you. I don't know how I did it, but I got one to stand up, shot it in the chest, DOWN!! Sounds like the easiest way to drop them but I don't know how to get them to stand up?

I always use the bolt action rifle and put one in between the eyes that works very well specially with the Dead Eye.

Playerdown ]

Umm... I always use my campsite to fast travel to anywhere on the map. :D

Yeah, I was doing the treasure hunter missions, and I hadn't finished the first one (didn't know to look for fucking ROCKS piled up....) so I went back to the hanging rock via my 'improved' camp site...but when I set the marker for it, it showed crossing at the island bridge.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

I still haven't done the treasure hunter stuff. I mean I finished with the grave robber guy and all that. I just haven't done made the effort to actually FIND the treasure.

You like that? "done made"?

Those bears are getting on my nerves.

I didn't either. Someone over at the Uprising posted some video links on their location....I just watched it, then did all but the ones that are in area's I've yet to unlock. :-[

I'm 2-2 against Bears so far. The damn Cougars give me nightmares. I was outside Blackwater and I had just roped an American Half-Breed (which is very hard might I add because it is the fastest horse in the game) when a cougar runs up as I jumped off my horse to get on the American and mauls my ass. Then another time I took a bounty and was putting him on my horse when a cougar killed my horse, then the bounty before I could take it out.

xPUDDYTATx ]

if you havent had to kill the grizzly with your melee knife yet, your really missing out. ;D

I'll have to try that. I did sneak up on a guy taking a wizz and knifed him. :laugh:

Yea, I couldn't believe when I saw that. The guy pissing that is. They even added the graphics of the golden stream. Next time I see that I'm gonna run in front of him and squat down to get a golden shower. ;D

xPUDDYTATx ]

if you havent had to kill the grizzly with your melee knife yet, your really missing out. ;D

I'll have to try that. I did sneak up on a guy taking a wizz and knifed him. :laugh:

master hunter challenge level 8 ;D

and i missed the guy takin a leak, now i gotta get the game back >:(

how did you miss the guy taking a leak? I've seen a half dozen of them atleast... first time i saw it, this is how:

I'm in the middle of the desert on a road. I see a horse by himself, but not a wild one, one with a saddle.

I ride up to him and wonder wtf it's doing all by itself... thats when I saw the guy with the yellow stream

going over by a big rock. Caught me offguard... had to laugh!

you found it, i love you. that song is excellent outside of RDR, but in that sequence? it was amazing.

finished all 57 missions, working on getting all the outfits and 100%. the stranger mission, with the beaver furs, feathers, and rage sage is driving me nuts. i had i think it was 18 feathers, when it wouldnt take it i kidnapped the guy, dragged him to the middle of nowhere, let him go. i stalked him for a solid half hour, then shot in a town.

you found it, i love you. that song is excellent outside of RDR, but in that sequence? it was amazing.

finished all 57 missions, working on getting all the outfits and 100%. the stranger mission, with the beaver furs, feathers, and rage sage is driving me nuts. i had i think it was 18 feathers, when it wouldnt take it i kidnapped the guy, dragged him to the middle of nowhere, let him go. i stalked him for a solid half hour, then shot in a town.

I can't find a fucking beaver to save my soul....