MW2 Maps

They are awesome.. i like them all. (of course Vacant & Strike are great, & the updates to them are cool)

Carnival is CRAZY.. you can just sit in any corner or even practically out in the open & as long as you dont move people will run right by. lol

Fuel is big & wide open, but i could see a lot of cool playing going on there.. it reminded me of that old socom map with the mines.? (also kinda reminded me of a WaW map)

Didn't play the other one.. (i guess its only FFA or private)

Carnival is a great map. Lots of places to look and lots of places to hide. Good for domination matches, but way too easy to spawn trap.

Fuel sucks (to me). It's easily the biggest map in COD. Way bigger than Overgrown to me. A lot of buildings and a lot of places to look. Makes it pretty hectic but sometimes it can be hard to find people.

Trailer Park is easily becoming a shotgun-noob tube fest. It's suck close quarters that you run into an AA-12 extended mags noob around every corner. It's hard to get anything going, but it makes for hectic domination matches.

These maps seem like they were made so that the player doesn't know WTF is going on. There's just so much going on with all the levels and corners that it's a little confusing.

Nice write-up Churchy. Pretty much what I expected, looking at the original screenshots. It's unfortunate that Carnival makes for Spawn Camping on Domination, but I am looking forward to that map the most nonetheless. Trailer Park immediately looked like a more condensed version of Scrapyard, hence noob tubes and Shotguns will reign supreme. I'm not sure how I'll like Fuel. I love Overgrown, so maybe I'll enjoy Fuel as well. Do they compare to each other or is it way more camper oriented than Overgrown?

Carnival is easily the best map to me. It's the one I looked forward to the most and it's definitely a worthy map for a map pack. It does suck that you can be spawn trapped in Domination. There's basically two paths out of the A spawn and a well coordinated team can easily watch both entrances. However, A and B are extremely close to each other. Actually, all the points are fairly close to each other, so you can protect more than 1 point if you have the right set-up.

Trailer Park is pretty much Scrapyard, but more confusing. There are a few trailers where you can actually sit next to a toilet or kitchen stove and someone won't see you. It's one of those maps thats so fast paced, you can actually miss people that are directly in front of you. Air support owns the map. If you get a Gunner, you pretty much are guaranteed to get a Nuke.

Fuel is hard to sum up honestly. It's basically a square map with a gigantic outside area they added for shits and giggles. They could have easily cut the map in half and it would've played almost the same. Overgrown is a lot more of an open map than Fuel is. There's about 3 or 4 main buildings and a few smaller rooms where you can look out of a window and look at the middle of the map. From what I've played, there are a lot of claymore users. People tend to sit in the buildings with a long distance gun and a shotty. You can sit on a few roofs and hide behind the generators/vents on the top of the buildings.

The outside area of the map is pretty huge. It's only on one side of the map for some odd reason, but that outside part just seems weird. When you play domination, the outside has no use. The 3 points are in the buildings area of the map and that outside part just sits there. In TDM, snipers will camp out there since there is a grassy area and try to pick off people. There's also some type of silo's if I'm not mistaken. It's kind of like they added Rust to the outside of the map, but obviously it's not as big as Rust or else it'll be huge. It's just more condensed, but I stand by my thought that it has almost no effect on the rest of the map. I guess it does make you more cautious as you run around the map from spawn to spawn since you can get picked off, otherwise most people wil stick to the middle.

For me, Carnival is the best map of the bunch. It feels like it was put together well and it shows that they put time and effort into making it. Aside from the spawn trapping on dom, it's an awesome map. Fun to look at and fun to play if you're just running around. The other two aren't TERRIBLE, but I think they're the two weakest maps of the 6 that have been released. Remember, that's just my opinion. I'm not the hugest fan of small close quarters maps and I just don't like the layout of Fuel.