NCAA is all flipped up

Who thought we would be talking so much about College football during this part of the summer with the College World Series so close.

To make things clear I am an Iowa State University Alum. I love that school and if I wasn't where I was right now I would be living in Ames, IA. I love that town that much. I am a contributor to the athletic program so you could say this week has been one of the most miserable weeks of my life.

I will divulge why:

About a month ago the big 10 starting making waves like they do this time of the year every year, but this year they started making monster waves and now the big 12 is close to completely dissolving.

Colorado has already made the move to the Pac-10 (smart move if I may say so), they completely grabbed the bull by the horns and made it happen. A good move for them. Of course Nebraska has been hinting that they are going to the Big 10, which I am confident that announcement will be tomorrow afternoon. They WILL be going to the Big 10 along with some other schools.

Now here is where it gets really interesting. Texas is leaning toward the Pac-10 along with all the other Texas schools, EXCEPT Baylor. But Texas A&M has talked about going to the SEC, which would be a good fit for them and their proximity at college Station. But the Texas legislation throws a wrench into that works which is a long drawn out story.

Now my alma mater is now on the outside looking in much like Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Baylor. Oklahoma State has already been in the works with the Pac10 and so has Oklahoma.

Now this whole thing PISSES me off to no end. At first I just wanted to find the nearest Cornhusker and rip his god forsaken head off. Then I got to thinking about it. The BIG XII failed these schools. Instead of working on TV deals and money deals that would work in the favor of these schools they put it off to 2013. Now the conference will no longer exist because they couldn't make a decision like many other conferences have made by making TV deals and having their own channel to showcase their conference( much like the Big 10 network).

I have never been so dismayed in my life. For the first time in a long time our new Football Coach has breathed new life into our program. We are getting recruits that we haven't seen come to ISU before. Actual talent. Now we are being tossed out like an old whore.

So in short For shame Big XII. I am just beside myself right now.

I haven't heard all of the details, but i am a Cornhusker fan.. & think this is great nerws for us. ;D

Will they change the name of the Big 10.?

How can Texas, & Okla schools even be considered Pac 10.?

To me it seems like somebody is screwing up big time.

I dont think schools moving from one to another is a bad thing, but way out of their region seems dumb. Next thing you know Florida will be in the WAC. lol

I was all for the pickup of Nebraska to the Big 10. I live in Illinois so I'm a Big 10 fan. But I do not like the entire Big 12 being broken up. How is Texas considering moving to the Pac 10? They aren't even close to the coast! I hate this so much. I had respect for the Big 12's football schools. Now the Pac 10 and SEC will continue even more to dominate football. Is the Pac 10 going to become the Pac 15?

Proximity doesn't mean shit anymore. Just think of it, Pac16 east and west. They are now a power conference along with the SEC and soon to be the Big ten which I think will end up with 14 teams when it is all said and done.

I have a firm belief that the remaining teams from the big 12 will end up with the MNT west, which in turn will bump that conference into full BCS standing, which will mean automatic bid if it comes down to it.

Really in the grand scheme of things this is great for College football. The schools found a way to bypass the NCAA to have a playoff of their own. It is really quite simple and made it easy for the BCS to be that much better. It sucks right now. But I think College football will be better off for it.

Im a Mizzou fan, and when the reports came out that they were being wooed away from the Big12, I was skeptical. Now that they were told, thanks but no thanks, I am pissed. Texas is just LOOKING for a reason to flex here, so with Nebraska going to the big 10, and Colorado going to the pac 10, it's looking like Texas wont let that slide and will go after a deal with either the SEC or pac 10. I don't know if the Big East is ideal for MU, KU, KSU, or ISU because our fan base has ALWAYS seemed to stretch in a westward manner, NOT eastern.

This is all very interesting and a new twist or rumor everyday. The rumors down here are saying the SEC has a offer to Texas A&M and to VaTech based on if the Pac 10 expands beyond 12 teams. There is also reports that the SEC could go to 16 teams and the final two would be FSU and......... MIssouri. Geography doesn't matter anymore it's all based on what new TV markets can be added to get a better deal. It should be a very interesting couple of weeks.

Right now I am thinking the Big 12 stays together in some form. Oklahoma State has no desire to go anywhere and I don't believe Oklahoma, Texas, or Texas Tech want to leave. I can't imagine them wanting to go to the SEC because of the already extreme depth in football programs. Plus I think the top 3 in the Big 12(Both Oklahomas and Texas) don't want any part of seeing LSU, Bama, and Florida every year. With the recent punishments put on USC any one of those schools could make some serious noise in the PAC 10.

Prane ]

Right now I am thinking the Big 12 stays together in some form. Oklahoma State has no desire to go anywhere and I don't believe Oklahoma, Texas, or Texas Tech want to leave. I can't imagine them wanting to go to the SEC because of the already extreme depth in football programs. Plus I think the top 3 in the Big 12(Both Oklahomas and Texas) don't want any part of seeing LSU, Bama, and Florida every year. With the recent punishments put on USC any one of those schools could make some serious noise in the PAC 10.

I disagree. I think whenever you have a team in your conference, it REALLY opens up that geographical recruiting area to ALL the teams. Also, kids want to go to schools where they can compete against stiff enough competition to show-case their own talent against the best available.

Missouri recruited HEAVILY in Texas, but if the big 12 splits, Im sure it will close down that state for recruiting to MU.

I wish someone would definitively explain WHY that would happen. Recruiting any state depends on connections not where you play. I know ISU gets recruits from the east coast, west coast and Florida. We don't play, really, in any of those areas.

Same with Texas, it pays more to know the Coaches then anything. If you have a solid program right now, I don't see how things would change with that.

Now as far as proximity. OK State along with the other south schools will follow suit with Texas. I for-see the pac 10 getting substantially bigger by next week. It is inevitable.

Right now the remaining schools besides Baylor are talking to Big East representatives. Remember people it is as much important if not more about ACADEMICS. Conferences share a LOT when it comes to academia and having schools join that bring something to the table academically is important to these conferences. The chancellors and presidents are just as involved with realignment as the AD's if not more and most University leaders are concerned about the face of the academic program.

As far as I am concerned I really don't care where we go. My first choice would be the MWC. They just got Boise State and have Utah and BYU. All schools that have showed great prowess over the last couple of years. TO compete against them would be great.

But the Big east also shows intrigue. If we joined we would fill a vacancy in the midwest for that conference. Also make a big Basketball conference HUGE. Along with Kansas it could be the best Bball conference in the nation hands down.

There are good match ups for ISU and the rest of the midwest big 12 teams. But not as great as the MWC.

Right now we are on the outside looking in, which sucks ass, but my school in the past put athletics to the wayside. They now are finally seeing what a healthy athletics program does for the academic side. So change is in the process and something like this really hinders our transition. I hope something changes soon.

As a Oregon/PAC-10 fan, this is awesome news for me! I love the fact that this may all fall together, like others have said "it will be huge for recruiting"! The reason why I see that is, Oregon already recruits pretty good out of Texas, but if your in Texas. You want to be able to play in front of your family every once in awhile. stuff like that.

Also the PAC-10 right now, the largest stadium we go and play is USC and UCLA with seating for over 100,000. These kids want to play in large stadiums and show a lot of people what they have. So it would be huge to go in and play at Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech. They all have huge stadiums! Plus, you are going to have more National games showed on TV. What kid doesn't want to shine on ESPN for the whole country to watch? I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for Texas to come to Oregon and play in the one of the loudest, if not the loudest stadium! I will be buying a ticket, even if I have to spend a few hundred on it!!

Lil V.C ]

MWC really wants the autoBCS bid so i wouldnt be surprised if they went after the teams from big12 after this fallout and really what this all comes down to is money, having larger, more powerful conferences will only lead to larger tv deals

Damn, I can't find the article now, but over the weekend a story popped up saying the MWC had invites to Kansas and someone else to also join. Then today there is the story about Texas trying to save the 12 with new TV deals. Guess we will have to wait to see the ending of this story.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Lil V.C ]

MWC really wants the autoBCS bid so i wouldnt be surprised if they went after the teams from big12 after this fallout and really what this all comes down to is money, having larger, more powerful conferences will only lead to larger tv deals

Damn, I can't find the article now, but over the weekend a story popped up saying the MWC had invites to Kansas and someone else to also join. Then today there is the story about Texas trying to save the 12 with new TV deals. Guess we will have to wait to see the ending of this story.

Yeah I keep hearing the Texas schools are trying to keep the conference together. I think it holds for at least this season.