Ravenfall Hosting a -Unique- Midnight Mass Tonight

Hi everyone...

In the past few weeks, Ravenfall has been shifting some things.

We've long-dealt with, like many clans here, the dilemmas and burdens of trying to satisfy all players over the span of all types of games and trying to balance cohesive and unified game play throughout.

With the MWs and the MoHs and the RDRs and the MAGs...the list can go on...a clan can really stretch itself thin.

Ravenfall was doing that.

We had a long talk about it and we've solidified our commitment to the game that really has brought us all together and has sustained us for the 7+ years we've been together.

We're rallying around our affection for Socom.

We've purged a number of gunners who were inactive or just active on other games, taking themselves voluntarily away from the knit framework that makes a clan, that makes a team. We found that though we had a good number that played Socom, it was some of the others' inactivity that was slowly deteriorating the morale of the clan overall.

Whereas a while ago we numbered at 50.

Just a few weeks ago we numbered at 34.

As of this week, we have carefully whittled our numbers down to a lean 25 players. But these players aren't spread across multiple games and forgetting our core clan entertainment. These players are playing SOCOM. Though other games are played, Socom is our meeting ground.

When we were scattered, we would have 2-3 players on in any given night.

Experience in the public rooms showed us that having a few players such as this easily get voted out of rooms controlled by those in number and, worse, those with some less-than-desirable character and language. As UF players, you know what I'm talking about.

We know there are players who are roaming around now, playing Socom, but are not necessarily doing it in the clan environment that this game really pushes for. They refuse to go elsewhere because, really, Socom is THEIR game. There are some loners out there that may be looking to be part of a greater Socom-focused whole.

No frills...just Socom.

We've recently seen the return of two really great gunners to our ranks in the past week and, honestly, it put a really good feeling into our hearts. We like that swell of fun that it's brought on and we would like to see it continue.

That being said...we're going to do something tonight that our clan has never done before...for just a night.

Typically every Friday night, we host our RVN-MidniteMass room...just a fun get-together of Ravens and friendly gunners shooting it out until the wee hours of the morning.

Tonight, however, we're going to do something different.

Instead of the "RVN-MidniteMass," we're putting up the "RVN-MassRecruit" room.

We're shelving tedious tryout processes. We're stowing away the recruit hazing. We're experiencing this great, renewed outlook on things and, quite honestly, the ways of the old in our tryout process was tiring.

For one night...tonight...we're going to allow an open door into Ravenfall...this Socom clan.

The UF community has been a generous home to APC-then-RVN for as many years as UF has existed. For a very long time, it was even more than that to me as well. ;)

I recognize that the UF community houses a good portion of talented AND honorable players you can find out there, and that's why I would like to extend this invitation to any UF gunner that's interested.

At our RVN-MassRecruit room tonight, from 11pm CST until the early hours of the morning, we will be issuing full RVN tags to any tagless, friendly face from the UF community who requests one.

After this night, we're doing away with our tryout process and replacing it with a much simpler probation period.

But tonight...the doors are open. It's our effort to help corral those gunners who feel they're missing that Socom-specific clan environment. We want to corral those who want to be a part of something focused. Socom-focused.

We'll be issuing tags by request with the exchange of promise that we're accepting an honorable and friendly player who desires to play Socom, and that the player is accepting a clan that does not have a fragmented focus across games. Just for one night.

We feel this is a little crazy...but at the very same time...we're finding that we're in the phase of ebb and flow that is at its most craziest. We are simply going with the flow and, really, just enjoying the ride where it takes us.

It's never been an easy experience to get into Ravenfall.

Tonight, that experience truly will never, ever be easier.

Thanks for reading.

Hope to see a few of you at the Mass tonight.

Hope to see a few of you as new Ravens by the end of the night.

We always put it up in a US Central server, and the room goes up at 11pm CST.

If you like, catch us on our forum http://www.ravenfall.net/forum/index.php

Take care, everyone!

- TOW

Chili, I thought you were using a PS3 as a door stop or something...still in the box? lol

I would bet a few gunners that have given up RVN tags in the recent past, and have not found the grass greener, will be welcomed as prodigal sons.

I'm so LOOKING forward to tonight. Some may have noticed I haven't been online lately. Well, I've been caretaker for my Father in Law as he's been going through chemo as well as general in home care. That has kept me away for the last weeks. THIS week, I get the weekend off. I'll be there for the fun.

meauxpack ]
Undertow ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Boy that Tow, he's a hell of a writer..

Makes me want to show up & i dont even own a PS3. lol

Been a damn long time since I've heard your lovely uvula at work! ;)

you spelled 'vulva' wrong

Now that was funny as fuck.

Grav and Tow took me in at after last Friday nights Midnight Mass in the same way that tow described in his post above. It was way too good of an offer from some great guys that I could not pass up and I encourage anyone looking for a clan to stop by tonight and mix it up.

ps: I may not be there because I am out of town and I have not had any luck getting the tv at the hotel to pick up my ps3 signal.