What makes a "GREAT" clan website?

Thats great HAVOC thanks I have been looking for something like that. I got some buddies getting me a copy of dream weaver and a flash creator. I have niether one I'm also trying to get photoshop I dont have that either. Its a pain in the ass to send someone all my stuff and have them to put it together for me takes for ever and I cant do exactly what I want.

I THINK WHAT MAKES A GOOD SITE IS MAKE TO DO WITH THE GAME YOU ARE PLAYING FOR 1.

AND GRAPHICS...BUT ANYTHING OVER 150 DOLLARS IS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY TOO ME....

IF I CAN MAKE A SITE ANYBODY CAN MAKE ONE....

BUT ALL IN ALL A WEBSITE DOESNT DO MUCH FOR YOUR GAME ....

90% GAMEPlay

10% website

thats whats important

but great sites guys keep em ^ :P

In my oppinion a great web site requires two things.

1. Presentation IE the look,feel,and flow of the site.

2. Creativity to do the same old thing as everyone else doesn't make you stand out you just blend in like part of the scenery.

I don't know about all of you but the camo soldier theme has been played to death!

Every clan out there with the exception of some have all the same look some soldier standing holding a gun or the camo theme.

I think it is time to start to use our creative sides and take clan web sites in a hole new direction.

Take the camo box and blow it to hell!!!!

Just my oppinion thought I would way in on the topic since it is something I hold very dear to me.

I like allot of other people have put allot of time and effort into the design of my clans web site.

It is always a work in progress but it is a labor of love well for me atleast.

If any of want to stop by and give me some insight I would appriciate it.

I just want to see what people think of all the hard work me and my team have done.

http://www.darkasylumclan.net

Thanks for your time.

Later

-Twisted

H.A.V.0.C ]

Well from the last time I talked to sniper, which was a couple of days ago, he said he was DONE doing clan websites, he is looking towards bigger and better things to do with his talents(which I understand fully). But I'm sure he wouldn't mind, taking a quick peek and give his opinion, assuming that not every clan starts asking him to take a look at their site now.

He told me his going rate now for a site is $2500.00 - $5000.00 also from what I understand he is currently, busy working on a project for some clients at that price. So who knows, if he would even have the time to take a look. The best thing to do is send him a PM and see what he says.

P.s. If someone does have him build you a website, please tell him that HAVOC sent you, so I can get my commission. Those billboard don't come cheap!

I am still doing clan websites, just on a case-by-case basis. The $2500 and up rate is for business sites. I know clans can't afford that price and yes, that's one of the reasons I'm shying away from doing too many clan sites. To tell you the truth, it takes more work to make a flashy clan site than a business site.

Sites that I've done like APC (http://www.apcclan.com) and Hollow Ground (http://www.hollowgroundclan.com) are easily worth around $2500 or more and were made at a fraction of the cost. I like doing these type of sites because of the challenge and creativity involved but it has to be worth my time. A full Flash site that I design for around $800 or so is dirt cheap and well worth it. Compared to $2500, you'll save around $1700.

I guess some clans just don't see the value of the work that's done. And there is no clan out there that can say that they can't afford it. A clan is made up of members, utilize them. If I charge $800 for a clan site and that clan has 32 members and they all pitch in $20, that's $640. All the clan leader would have to pay is $160. So if a clan expects me to design them the best looking Flash site on the net easily worth $2500 but can't or is unwilling to pay $500-800 for a site then they are just not worth my time.

I have changed my business name from Mestech Marketing & Design to Kingdom Interactive to focus solely on website design and I have an ad on the main page of UF for it that goes to this page:

http://www.urgentfury.com/website_offer/

So anyone interested in a clan site can fill out that form to inquire about a site. If you don't get a response within 24 hrs, then send an e-mail to info[at]kingdom-interactive[dot]com. I'm hiring sales people in select cities around the U.S. and I will start heavily promoting around the beginning of next year, so once I start getting these bigger, high end business projects, I will start squeezing out these clan sites and stop doing them altogether or maybe only doing a couple once in a while so if anyone is interested, now is the time.

SNIPER ]
H.A.V.0.C ]

Well from the last time I talked to sniper, which was a couple of days ago, he said he was DONE doing clan websites, he is looking towards bigger and better things to do with his talents(which I understand fully). But I'm sure he wouldn't mind, taking a quick peek and give his opinion, assuming that not every clan starts asking him to take a look at their site now.

He told me his going rate now for a site is $2500.00 - $5000.00 also from what I understand he is currently, busy working on a project  for some clients at that price. So who knows, if he would even have the time to take a look. The best thing to do is send him a PM and see what he says.

P.s. If someone does have him build you a website, please tell him that HAVOC sent you, so I can get my commission. Those billboard don't come cheap!

I am still doing clan websites, just on a case-by-case basis. The $2500 and up rate is for business sites. I know clans can't afford that price and yes, that's one of the reasons I'm shying away from doing too many clan sites. To tell you the truth, it takes more work to make a flashy clan site than a business site.

Sites that I've done like APC (http://www.apcclan.com) and Hollow Ground (http://www.hollowgroundclan.com) are easily worth around $2500 or more and were made at a fraction of the cost. I like doing these type of sites because of the challenge and creativity involved but it has to be worth my time. A full Flash site that I design for around $800 or so is dirt cheap and well worth it. Compared to $2500, you'll save around $1700.

I guess some clans just don't see the value of the work that's done. And there is no clan out there that can say that they can't afford it. A clan is made up of members, utilize them. If I charge $800 for a clan site and that clan has 32 members and they all pitch in $20, that's $640.  All the clan leader would have to pay is $160. So if a clan expects me to design them the best looking Flash site on the net easily worth $2500 but can't or is unwilling to pay $500-800 for a site then they are just not worth my time.

I have changed my business name from Mestech Marketing & Design to Kingdom Interactive to focus solely on website design and I have an ad on the main page of UF for it that goes to this page:

http://www.urgentfury.com/website_offer/

So anyone interested in a clan site can fill out that form to inquire about a site. If you don't get a response within 24 hrs, then send an e-mail to info[at]kingdom-interactive[dot]com. I'm hiring sales people in select cities around the U.S. and I will start heavily promoting around the beginning of next year, so once I start getting these bigger, high end business projects, I will start squeezing out these clan sites and stop doing them altogether or maybe only doing a couple once in a while so if anyone is interested, now is the time.

i or (we) would be one of those clans .....too much money for my blood ...

SNIPER ]

So anyone interested in a clan site can fill out that form to inquire about a site. If you don't get a response within 24 hrs, then send an e-mail to info[at]kingdom-interactive[dot]com.

Our PM exchanges are still going right? You want me to fill all that stuff out or are our talks beyond that point? Im interested in going forward.....