Crossroads Question

I know everyone that plays or has played Socom Confrontation has had issues with freezing. Over the past 2-3 weeks myself and some of my clan members have noticed that the only map that we seem to freeze on is Crossroads.

It doesn't matter if it's a big or small map, or what map type. If we play Crossroads we're guaranteed at least 3-4 of us will freeze and have to reset during the map.

My question to everyone has anyone else noticed this? and why would Crossroads be the only map that seemed to affect players like this?

I mainly bring this up because alot of times clans like to play Crossroads as a tie breaker map for wars, but if freezing is such an issue with this map why not have an alternative tie breaker?

There are a few things that have been blamed for freezing. A couple of which are PS3 over heating, to many messages in ones SOCOM mail box?

It's an "Every time" deal? and same guys? Do a test and figure out who, how frequent, what else is going on i.e. other computers or internet draws. Gather some more info and maybe someone can give a better answer.

When I used to have trouble freezing it was a dying PS3.

I am one of the guys that freezes on Crossroads. It's not every time I play it but I'd say about 75% of the time I play Crossroads. I keep my PSN mailbox and my socom mailbox emptied out.

I wouldn't think it was an overheating issue since it doesn't happen unless I'm playing Crossroads. My computer is always on 24/7. Same scenario as overheating applies, if it was my PC it would happen on other maps.

I'll do some checking with my guys and compile a list of them that have the same issue and see if there is a common factor between everyone that could be causing the issue.

A few other things to check...

Check the disk, make sure there are no smudge marks.

I don't think this is it but IF you are running wireless try wired. You never know.

Note how many people in the room when you freeze. IF you are host and people coming in leaving may be an issue. This should happen on other maps too but you never know.

I have not played Socom in a while and don't remember if the maps are loaded from the HDD or disk (pretty sure HDD since it is available DL). IF HDD you may want to delete the files and reinstall. Maybe the Xroads files are corrupted.