Really?

Well I've been lurking in the shadows for awhile thinking of entering my clan into hell week and today I came across a rank up thread over at socom.com so I watched these youtube videos. So I decided to register today and post up a couple questions. I am assuming the directors of UF are somehow affiliated to FW. Here is the video of the rank up room and do you guys around here really allow this kind of behavior? If not then great it's the kind of community I want to bring my clan into. If it is then I guess the search continues for a gaming site that doesn't allow this kind of stuff. Sorry my first post is kind of a wtf post but I just need to know so I don't waste anymore time here.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like somebody is in trouble. I didn't believe anyone from the [FW] that was apart of the UF community would be in that room. It most be another FW right. So I went and found the most recent [FW] roster I could and in the Socom Black section I came across the roster below. Looks like number 12. DUBBZ_SHOT_U is the same as the one in the video. Although I don't see the other [FW] guy in the video on their roster below. But Joe I hope this doesn't change your mind about joining this great community because this is not the norm for any clan here.

[FW]Forgotten Warriors

1. JTurbo

2. MlKL0 (thats with a zero and lowercase L)

3. ACE--

4. Five----Oh

5. smoka124

6. GOLDN1

7. bplowman

8. Devin93

9. Black_Sypher

10. Leftwingloc19

11. Siwik

12. DUBBZ_SHOT_U

13. LiL_WaYnE24

14. SGT_STU_STUDDER

15. lX-WOLF-D0G-Xl (lower case L's and zero in D0G)

16. EaStNeWyOrK_

17. pnutbutterboy

18 DJHaole

19. repins_01

20. willieboy4

21. K1NG-JOKER22

22. PhAnToM_PhRaG

23.littlemac92

24. JonnyGQ

25. Violent_JC Suspended by Clan

26. CoLd_as_lce (the I is an lower case L)

27. M0TT0BEAR [clan rep]

28. boogienites27127

29. Veteran_VI

30. xX8HITMAN3Xx

31. XxGRIZZLY101xX

32. SPYDER_10

33. xxCYCLOPSxx01

34. CLUSTER_F

35. DADEdt05

36. MIKHAIJ

37. IX-ACHILLES-XI

38. Sang-Yiop

39.Mr_Nice_Spy

PhAnToM_PhRaG ]

Because phantom wanted to keep the drama out from the FW break up while bringing it to the attention of UF. Guess that didn't work out lol

OK....but if you didn't want it to appear to be just sour grapes, then why not be honest? You've totally ruined that by creating another username and a cover story. Now we can't look at that objectively can we? YOU have started this out with a lie....

I would never waste my time ranking up, and I could care less if people want to waste their time ranking up.

It's not very honest or honorable behavior. Certainly makes you less trustworthy as a player and a clan.

to all the rank ups: That little number next to your name isn't going to help you when the shooting starts.

Tool_Minion ]
PhAnToM_PhRaG ]

Because phantom wanted to keep the drama out from the FW break up while bringing it to the attention of UF. Guess that didn't work out lol

OK....but if you didn't want it to appear to be just sour grapes, then why not be honest? You've totally ruined that by creating another username and a cover story. Now we can't look at that objectively can we? YOU have started this out with a lie....

I don't agree. Had he come in here as "phantom phrag" then IMMEDIATELY he would be accused of sour grapes and the real issue would have been lost in "he said, he said". Damned either way, really.

I think we should start over here and look at the real issue which is ranking up. (IMO, :))

What sucks here is that you decided to throw up a subject like this under a disguise.

I don't know you enough to wonder why you felt you needed to do this, or fabricate your story as a clan just checking UF out. Just devoid of common sense and more childish, if I was asked.

This doesn't discount the fact that someone from the community was found in what appears to be a rank up room. Sad, to be sure, but at the same time, I'm not certain that being in a rank-up room affects anything that happens here at UF. Rank? Has nothing to do with an ability to play (and win) here in UF.

As for a correlation between the type of "honorable" play you would find here and the lack of honorable play we generally believe comes from rank-up players goes, you have saved me about 5 paragraphs of copy explaining why UF is the gem of honorable play in a sea of toilet water by lying your ass off as to your true identity. Now that we know you're someone who's no stranger to UF, then I suppose I don't have to explain to you that as with any population here on Earth, there are the vast majority of citizens that will have a few unsavory seeds mingling within. The idea of a Utopia where honor and integrity runs through 100% of every fiber of ever player is as much a myth as the possibility of eradicating racism.

If you want to accuse someone from FW or whatever clan of cheating or ranking up or slapping a wet pig in the fucking face, then just do so. You have every right to do that here, especially in this arena.

But if you want to try and chip away at the pillars of UF, insinuating that this tourney's ideals and principles are based upon the game play of 1 or 2 individuals, then you're wasting your time on a fool's errand. Even if the two people in the crosshairs were Shane and John, and not these other two, even those two could not tarnish the overall atmosphere here at UF, because they do not outweigh the girth of the thousands of players that not only participate, but PROTECT this gaming community and the ideals with which we participate with.

Though I don't view ranking up in a positive light, I certainly don't think your approach was successful in its delivery, nor intent. I basically read this as a "mom, Jimmie said that he has my blue truck and he's going to bury it in the yard where I'll never find it again, mommy, and I told him no but he just laughed and said I'll never find it and its the truck that you gave me and he said it'll be lost forever, mommy, and he also said that I'm too short to be a boy."

Too much effort and fabrication for too little a subject matter.

IDK Hippie...to me that's saying you don't believe in anyone over here doing the right thing.

Even IF he was afraid of getting shut down, I would have respected his honesty. It's the lie I can't get my head around...but to each his own.

Also, I am not totally up on my Socom Ranking. What proof is there that this is what's happening? There is no audio, the video was submitted by someone called 'anonymous' on YouTube, and I have seen PLENTY of games where people have left after you start beating their ass....hence no one on the other side. I could be missing something, hell I will be the first to admit I'm clueless as to what one looks like....

Also, why do we assume that the FW clan wouldn't own it? Have they covered shit up in the past? I just don't ever understand the need to be dishonest....

I don't understand why anyone would spend the time ranking up on this game anyway. There is absolutely no advantage to it with the exception of maybe getting your name on the Socom.com ticker. Honestly I have been in a hundred rooms that look like this in the lobby because the other team gets booted due to bad game code. Anyone who has spent any time in 32 player rooms on Socom has seen this more times than they would care to count. There could be something more sinister going on here but who really knows. They changed the game with the last patch to make it so that rank doesn't count if the teams are hugely unbalanced but it's not reliable. There is a lot of questions here and to me it looks like FW has some inter clan business that they need to handle.

Tool_Minion ]

IDK Hippie...to me that's saying you don't believe in anyone over here doing the right thing.

Even IF he was afraid of getting shut down, I would have respected his honesty. It's the lie I can't get my head around...but to each his own.

I feel ya. And I'm not condoning the lie. I think the point I was trying to make is that I don't believe his intent was malicious and people tend to focus on the wrong things when these kinds of things are brought up. People lose sight of the real issue. And speaking of "ranking up" ... I've read many posts where people are berated and spoken of in a negative light for ranking up and to now have people say "Who cares about that?" doesn't jive.

(BTW, I don't know anything about FW. Is Tow saying John and Shane are FW members? If so, then I can certainly understand why someone would feel intimidated to step forward.)

I don't know. My opinion is never popular opinion. Never has been. I just think we should all be a little more understanding.

It wasn't meant to be malicious. Figured if I went about it this way it'd be a oh thanks for the info we'll get it taken care of. Now it's just like it would have been if I posted it under this name with some jumping me for it. Oh well the info is out there either way tsk tsk to rank ups. And yes john, shane, and ace are FW members hippie.

Tool_Minion ]

I feel ya. And I'm not condoning the lie. I think the point I was trying to make is that I don't believe his intent was malicious and people tend to focus on the wrong things when these kinds of things are brought up. People lose sight of the real issue. And speaking of "ranking up" ... I've read many posts where people are berated and spoken of in a negative light for ranking up and to now have people say "Who cares about that?" doesn't jive.

(BTW, I don't know anything about FW. Is Tow saying John and Shane are FW members? If so, then I can certainly understand why someone would feel intimidated to step forward.)

I don't know. My opinion is never popular opinion. Never has been. I just think we should all be a little more understanding.

Thank you Hippie. I was sitting here reading these post and was thinking, really people don't care about ranking up anymore, when did this happen ? I mean whole clans have been banned from UF just because of members ranking up. So to shove the issue aside and focus on the matter in which the issue has been brought up instead of the issue at hand seems like everyone is trying to give FW a pass in some way.

Last- ]
Tool_Minion ]

Thank you Hippie. I was sitting here reading these post and was thinking, really people don't care about ranking up anymore, when did this happen ? I mean whole clans have been banned from UF just because of members ranking up. So to shove the issue aside and focus on the matter in which the issue has been brought up instead of the issue at hand seems like everyone is trying to give FW a pass in some way.

Wasn't Luck banned, or at the very least, receive a whole bunch of hell for the whole COD prestige thing? No different than ranking up. So now that we have established that ranking up is not allowed in UF, what's next?

Last- ]
Tool_Minion ]

Wasn't Luck banned, or at the very least, receive a whole bunch of hell for the whole COD prestige thing? No different than ranking up. So now that we have established that ranking up is not allowed in UF, what's next?

Well in COD you do gain an advantage in game by ranking up. I do feel ranking up in any form is disheartening to see, but from the video at hand I can't really make any judgments.

Last- ]
Tool_Minion ]

I don't think anyone wants to give anyone a pass it's just the whole thing leaves a lot of room for error. I expect we will see something from Shane, John or Ace here soon.

Hippie to answer some of your questions. Yes Last/Lucky was banned at one point for fighting the system witn Tow. There are alot of people here now that were banned for the same reason. He is not that type of person to warrant any self gratification from ranking up. Yes, Shane, John and Ac are FW or atleast were I dont know their current status.

Now on to the video. This video shows absolutely nothing. If anyone knows socom and has done a quick match with a bunch of people. You know once you own a map the other side leaves, it is quite possible and most likely possible that you joined this match right when it ended. The same time the other people had already left or just left. Without gameplay footage this video is useless and just a false accusation by a scorned ex member of FW trying to stir up some drama, proven by his false identity in the beginning of this thread.