Modern Warfare 2: New Game Mode?

There have been so many updates and changes to Modern Warfare in the past. Some include the ridding of the Javelin glitch, the care package glitch, the introduction to 1st person Tactical, and the ridding of 3rd person cage match.

First of all, why in the world did they make 3rd person cagematch in the first place? That’s just screaming an invitation for boosting. At least, in my opinion, it should have been first person, rather than ridding of it on the whole. Infinity Ward did a good thing ridding boosters, huh? NO.

Well, I don’t know what was going through IW’s mind in creating a “Barebones Pro†game mode. It allows for 4-8 players to partake in Team Deathmatch and Free for all. The problem is, with this new game mode, a minimum of 4 players can freely boost or play ranked private matches with each other. What a way to eliminate boosting, eh? Well, either way, this game mode eliminates killstreaks in the process. With this, there is no air support to be worried about whatsoever.

Another problem, however is the abundance of “Noob tubes†and rocket launchers. The first I’d played today included both of these on one team. Also, they got smart and combined danger close to their classes. An instant recipe for disaster. Well, either way, this new mode seems to be very unpopular, for me and my friends played free-for-alls with each other to test who’s the best, really. It’s a fun mode and all, but no one seems to really like it. No one has the guts to get rid of their killstreaks.

Though it is a pretty foolish addition to Modern Warfare, it still can serve to be fun. To be very blunt and honest, me and my buddies like the fact that a ranked private match is available. We’d do things like shotguns only, no scoping and quickscoping only, knives only, and things of the sort. In my opinion, Infinity Ward should just make these modes available in their own separate lobbies. But then again, this mode accomodates for those who like improvising with their party-mates.

In the end, Barebones Pro (and Objective Barebones Pro) seem to be an interesting addition. Though it does add the unfortunate idea of boosting, it at least doesn’t promote 10th prestige hackers. So that’s the lesser of 2 evils, I guess. (Like they really would promote that) But in a sense, if people have to boost, they get discouraged from prestige hacking and things of that sort. It shows that people still want to put SOME effort into leveling up. (Though it is among the worst ways to do so)

I’d recommend this game mode for those who want to earn experience and mess around. It’s much more innovative to play and earn experience by fighting against your familiars instead of repeatedly getting spawn raped by strangers who spend their whole lives playing this game. It also adds more freedom in game choice as well. So that’s another plus. Either way, decide whether this mode is good for you and base it on your thoughts. Happy gaming!

Any of you xboxers played these modes yet? Is it a Boosters Paradise or not?

I haven't played them yet, but im guessing i'll like them better. Also it means a clan can take over a room easier, much like we all used to do in Socom. :)

You'd think it would happen less on xbox since peoples names are their accounts so they are liable for anything they do. you cant just go make a new name once you've been suspended or caught.

They got rid of 3rd person cage match a long time ago.. & personally i dont care if people boost as long as they do it in private, not in public rooms where it affects other peoples game. Top ranking is always cheaters in every game on every system.

I just wish they would add "no toobs" to these modes. ;D

It's alright, can be fun. I hopped into a room with a party of 4 a few days back and we ended up in a FFA with each other. No boosting, just running around having fun. Some may think something like this will lead to boosting, but thats not ALWAYS the case.

You can't prevent boosting, the most you can do is hope for the best. I like Barebones. No killstreaks, more fun.

All of xbox is a boosters and hackers paradise.

The leaderboards are hacked, the names can be hacked, boosters galore because of the live chat feature with buddies, etc.

It must be because it is a Microsoft thing that makes it easy to do about anything you want with a pc.

dont kid yourself in thinking its only xbox. the top 500 on the ps3 leaderboards are all hax too >:(

On that note of the leaderboards...I don't see why it would be so hard to remove the immensely obvious hackers. There's well over 500 people with the exact same amount of kills at the top. I mean c'mon...Some of the KDR's on the top of the leaderboard are like 100:1 or higher. The leaderboard hacks don't affect me personally, but I despise cheaters so much that I would LOVE to see them all banned.