Trade-In Your PS3 for $200 Credit @ Gamestop

I have a 40gig PS3 and everytime I want to download a demo or some DLC I have to keep deleting stuff. I went to Gamestop.com to see how much they were charging for the new PS3 Slims and I found this on the Trade-In Offers Page:

180x180_200ps3.jpg

$200 for any PS3 system traded

Get $200 trade-in credit for any PS3 system traded.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer subject to change without notice. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/28/10 - 07/18/10.

So I'm going tomorrow to trade-in my 40gig and picking up a 250gig for just $150. ;D

WOW awesome freakin' post Nemesis! I just upgraded to a SLIM and was planning on selling my old one on EBAY. I was just about to list it today after I wipe the harddrive clean. I bought my slim from Best Buy, because their warranty replacement plans are second to none. No waiting, if it breaks you can exchange it immediately. I have my Tritton headset warranted there as well and it has saved me over $450 to date just on the headsets alone.

I'm going to bring mine to gamestop for sure. On Ebay the 80 Gig 2 usb port model is selling for on average $235-250, so after Ebay and Paypal fees I'll clear about $200. Taking it to Gamestop for that same value is WAY more convenient. Thank you so much for the heads up Nemesis. This will also help out a clanmate, whose PS3 just broke, forcing him to upgrade next week.

o-BacklasH-o ]

WOW awesome freakin' post Nemesis! I just upgraded to a SLIM and was planning on selling my old one on EBAY. I was just about to list it today after I wipe the harddrive clean. I bought my slim from Best Buy, because their warranty replacement plans are second to none. No waiting, if it breaks you can exchange it immediately. I have my Tritton headset warranted there as well and it has saved me over $450 to date just on the headsets alone.

I'm going to bring mine to gamestop for sure. On Ebay the 80 Gig 2 usb port model is selling for on average $235-250, so after Ebay and Paypal fees I'll clear about $200. Taking it to Gamestop for that same value is WAY more convenient. Thank you so much for the heads up Nemesis. This will also help out a clanmate, whose PS3 just broke, forcing him to upgrade next week.

Glad to help out Lash!! ;)

LunaticWolf ]

So I'm going tomorrow to trade-in my 40gig and picking up a 250gig for just $150. ;D

Where are you buying a 250 for $150?

250gig costs $350 at Gamestop, turned in my 40gig and got $200 store credit. $200 + $150 = $350.

There you go 250gig for $150. ;D

LunaticWolf ]

250gig costs $350 at Gamestop, turned in my 40gig and got $200 store credit. $200 + $150 = $350.

Do you want me to smack him for you? I knew what you were saying...

TheCaracarn ]
LunaticWolf ]

Go for it! :laugh:

TheCaracarn ]
LunaticWolf ]

168 total i just did it

Go for it! :laugh:

Do they plug them in via HDMI cables to verify that they are working? Cause our HDMI port went out and I would LOVE to trade it in for $200! :angel:

They asked if I had it set up for HDMI. I did. They said it would be alot easier to check it. They plug it in and put in a game and play it to check the controller.

Back it up first and reset original settings before you turn it in. You'll have to re-download all your DLC though because its copyrighted and it wont back up.

LunaticWolf ]

hmmm, not totally agreeing with this math...

original 60g 4 usb port ps3 (release day) - $600

trade in value - $200

difference - 400

new 250g slim - 350

minus trade in - 200

total cost - 150

difference (60g) + total of slim - 400 + 150 = 550

so for $550 dollars, i can get one new ps3, or i could just go pay $350 for a new one, and $150 with sony to have my 60g totally rebuilt, totalling $500. i guess for some of you all original purchase price dont mean shit.

BTW...my original 60g release day ps3 still works flawlesly, and has a 320g aftermarket hard drive with tons of shit on it, and 4(!!!!) usb ports, the sd card slot which i use frequently, and is still 10 times the ps3 the slim will ever be.

What's the point of owning a PS3 if you aren't going to play in tournaments anyway? ::)

I think I got my MGS4 bundle for $400, might be worth it... the fan gets annoying and you've got to love 45nm die on BOTH cell processor and Nvidia RSX video card. I don't play PS2/PS games on mine, I don't use the card slots because I have a $2k laptop... If I had money to spend, I'd do it. My father owns one and you can't even tell when it is on. It also uses significantly less power, if that matters to you.

AND it doesn't get stuck on 2/29/2010...

So, I think I'm going to take advantage of this offer. I have an original 60gig model that still works perfectly fine, but I don't want to be kicking myself later knowing that I could have upgraded but passed and now have to pay full price if my 60gig model goes out. So, with that in mind, I have a few questions that I know have been answered before, but can't find the damn post anymore...

How do you back up everything on your ps3 HD?

How do you completely wipe everything from the HD?

Also, Is the ps3 you're getting from gamestop for the trade-in brand new and factory sealed, or are you getting a refurbished system?

So, I think I'm going to take advantage of this offer. I have an original 60gig model that still works perfectly fine, but I don't want to be kicking myself later knowing that I could have upgraded but passed and now have to pay full price if my 60gig model goes out. So, with that in mind, I have a few questions that I know have been answered before, but can't find the damn post anymore...

How do you back up everything on your ps3 HD?

How do you completely wipe everything from the HD?

Also, Is the ps3 you're getting from gamestop for the trade-in brand new and factory sealed, or are you getting a refurbished system?

I backed it up to my External HD. Just go to [settings]>[system Settings]>[backup Utility]>Back Up. It took about 2 1/2 hours.

To wipe the HD. Go to [settings]>[Restore Factory Settings]

The one I got was brand new.