Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.

Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

I just checked it out at the VZW store. It looks real long it has a nice feel and the web was fast. It might have been running of the wifi in the store but,still pretty damn quick. I thinking about it.

The review I read over @ gizmodo indicated that the gui Motorolla throws on top of Android makes it frustrating and unintuitive to use.

http://gizmodo.com/5587225/motorola-droid-x-review

Up here in Alaska, we're stuck 6-12 months behind the rest of the country in terms of mobile phone tech, we're just getting the Droid/Milestone and Desire from HTC early next month. All we've had is the Hero thus far.

The good news is the Desire/Milestone will be free up here (new 2 year yada yada of course). I'll be picking mine up asap.

6raVIty;813864']The review I read over @ gizmodo indicated that the gui Motorolla throws on top of Android makes it frustrating and unintuitive to use.

http://gizmodo.com/5587225/motorola-droid-x-review

Up here in Alaska' date=' we're stuck 6-12 months behind the rest of the country in terms of mobile phone tech, we're just getting the Droid/Milestone and Desire from HTC early next month. All we've had is the Hero thus far.

The good news is the Desire/Milestone will be free up here (new 2 year yada yada of course). I'll be picking mine up asap.[/quote']

Dude the Hero is awesome.!!

I just got the Incredible and think its a great phone...so far...but wanting to have the latest and the greatest makes me wonder if I should return my Incredible and get the X!! I haven't had the opportunity to look at any comparisons on line yet so any feedback from UF would be very helpful.

Ghost, do you have any pics to share of the Droid X in person.

I am really considering jumping on this one.

How is the battery life?

The Droid X is a very nice phone. I still prefer my HTC Incredible but thats because of Sense UI.

There will also be a phone codenamed "Droid Pro" coming out the end of the year as well as another HTC phone. Both of these mentioned phones will be for Verizon.

There is also rumor of the iPhone coming to Verizon in January and seems pretty promising this time but as always take it with a grain of salt until it gets officially announced.

BTW: If any of you are wondering how i get this info, I am a moderator at 3 forums having to do with Android. One forum is a Droid forum (handles the Incredible, Eris, Droid, Droid X, Droid 2) , one is an HTC Incredible forum and one is a Droid X forum.

Edited by LooN_X

Yeah pretty much. Not really more stuff. When we get the 2.2 update we will have all the same stuff as you including 720p video recording and Mobile hotspot.

What's the difference between the X and the Evo? The X can't have 4G, so I assume it's essentially the same as the Incredible. I plan on picking up an Evo this week.

the evo will be the only 4g droid till later next year when verizon rolls out there version ..... the evo is sweet if you have sprint almost the same i think the evo has dual cameras.....

LooN_X;814657']Yeah pretty much. Not really more stuff. When we get the 2.2 update we will have all the same stuff as you including 720p video recording and Mobile hotspot.

Heck with the 2.2 update... I have a droid, I already have it rooted, running Ultimate Droid 5 (2.2 froyo), with flash and overclocked to 1.2ghz(chevyNo1 Kernal) and it is awesome... 7 screens, flash works perfect, and alot of additions...Hell yeah:)!

Heck with the 2.2 update... I have a droid, I already have it rooted, running Ultimate Droid 5 (2.2 froyo), with flash and overclocked to 1.2ghz(chevyNo1 Kernal) and it is awesome... 7 screens, flash works perfect, and alot of additions...Hell yeah:)!

Yeah I'm waiting for the official one for my Incredible. I don't want to root the inc. Before i sold my original Droid i was playing with Sapphire Froyo but the Droid wasnt activated, I just rooted it and had it running wifi since i already had my Inc at that time.

Also in case anyone is wondering, Verizon decided to not include the wifi hotspot with the 2.2 and also no wireless tethering(what alot of people are reporting)... Hell with that. I have them both with my UD rom:) think I will pass on downloading it

Also in case anyone is wondering, Verizon decided to not include the wifi hotspot with the 2.2 and also no wireless tethering(what alot of people are reporting)... Hell with that. I have them both with my UD rom:) think I will pass on downloading it

You would have to unroot to install the update. Most roms block the OTA updates from even arriving on your phone. The official OTA update will be much more stable though.

LooN_X;814863']You would have to unroot to install the update. Most roms block the OTA updates from even arriving on your phone. The official OTA update will be much more stable though.

I disagree, the 2.2 apk is out, and my 2.2 rom (Ultimate Droid 5) is alot more stable and smoother... My wife put the 2.2 on her phone.....Mine blocks OTA so I dont have to worry. although the 2.2 I have is the exact same as the one verizon releases(except Verizon got rid of wireless tethering and wifi hotspotting) so I have a better 2.2 version in all actuality

I disagree, the 2.2 apk is out, and my 2.2 rom (Ultimate Droid 5) is alot more stable and smoother... My wife put the 2.2 on her phone.....Mine blocks OTA so I dont have to worry. although the 2.2 I have is the exact same as the one verizon releases(except Verizon got rid of wireless tethering and wifi hotspotting) so I have a better 2.2 version in all actuality

That's actually not the final version. There is another version being rolled out now that fixed some bugs in Froyo for the Motorola Droid. Honestly i would trust Sapphire a lot more than i would trust UD. The dev of the Sapphire rom has been working profusely on it and you can use Dark Edge theme on Sapphire now as well as almost any other theme you want. Sapphire has become the best and most stable rom out right now (Even better than Cyanogen IMO). I have never been a big root user though. I prefer the official updates since i don't need to overclock my phone or anything like that. Tethering can get you into tons of trouble with Verizon if you arent paying their $30/month tether fee.

Just upgraded to the droid x. Had an env touch. Lots more stuff to learn on this phone. Ill be at it for awhile.

One of the first things im trying though is the forum on it. Lol

Posted from my Droid x.

Edited by Nemesis