Zipper Profile: Cade Myers

• Directors

Our Developer Profile series introduces you to the many faces of Zipper Interactive. From designers to artists to programmers to audio engineers to producers, you’ll meet the creative minds that make Zipper what it is (and maybe learn a few surprises along the way).

The spotlight this week lands on Cade Myers, Assistant Producer on SOCOM 4. He has a pretty deep history in the gaming industry with credits on such highly-revered titles as Half-Life, Homeworld, Tribes and, of course, a number of the SOCOM titles.

4831484249_4fcac760a2.jpg

Job Title: Assistant Producer

Years at Zipper: Almost 7 years

Years in the Industry: 11

Favorite Zipper Game: Crimson Skies

Favorite Non-Zipper Game: Rachet & Clank or Sly Cooper Series

Motto: K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

What is it that you do specifically, and can you walk us through your typical day?

Currently I'm helping the MP side of things, running playtests to help ensure we have fun gameplay. In general, I do any number of miscellaneous tasks that no one else has time to do (capture gameplay footage, tracking tasks from creation to completion per milestone, etc.).

How did you get into the industry?

Back in 1998, when cell phones were just starting to really take off, I was trying to get into that side of the technology industry, so I signed-up with a tech temp agency. Instead of cell phones though, my first job was as a software tester at Sierra On-Line.

What are some other games or projects that you’ve worked on in the past?

MAG (2010)

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Fireteam Bravo 2 (2006)

Empire Earth II (2005)

SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs (2005)

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Fireteam Bravo (2005)

Homeworld 2 (2003)

SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs (2003)

Tribes: Aerial Assault (2002)

Homeworld (1999)

SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle (1999)

Half-Life (1998)

What’s your proudest moment?

Shipping Half-Life was pretty rewarding. I put an incredible amount of hours into that game (QA-side). At Zipper, I'd have to say the first Fireteam Bravo for PSP. Working on that platform, with the team we had was a lot of fun.

Is there anything you’d like to say to the fans?

Never settle for bad games, I don't. Demand excellence.

Don't forget to click this link and leave your questions to Cade for this week's Zipline podcast!

More...

Military including Active, Reserve, Veteran and Dependents get 50% off of our Spec Ops Premium Experience

Important Information

By visiting this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search